Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

front clip

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front clip

ok i have a 92 civic cx and im going to be doing a swap in a yr or so.so i was looking for front clips just too see what it would cost. and i found one from Rims and things for like 2800$?? now i thought it would be more then that.i would like to know if anyone has ordered or has a rhd civic on here and how much it was to get it that way and were u got it ...thanks
Old 09-10-2004, 09:08 PM

Default Re: front clip (outofcontrol)

Alright well it looks like im the only one to respond yet: Okay just about a month ago my boyfriend and I purchased a RHD Civic (92-95) Came with a b16a2 (hydraulic clutch) and dash and everything. Including shift linkage, axles, and a bunch of junk. he works in a Body shop. and he just sectioned it on to his hatchback. And sleeved it for strenght. he knows what hes doing. Dont let anyone tell you, that just cut out the fire wall(not that simple) Any ways purchased from ebay (seller name was time2show, there nice cooperative people) total cost was $2,300 ($2,850 after shipping) came in great condition but no sheet metal or Gage cluster. However if you want a RHD clip make sure it has a dash or else your making your own. the Gage cluster from you American civic just fits the same (but you probably knew that.) unless your a body man, or you know what your doing I would take it to a Body shop. where i live in Kansas the estimate for a section on (just to put it on , no paint, electrical or cosmetic) is around $800.00. Well BTW, shifting is the same as an American car and pedals are the same (just keep in mid not all B16 come with LSD so if you want it , have a nice time trying to get it, we didnt) If you need any other answers I will gladly be of service and i will send you pics of the progress. My e-mail is customimportracer@excite.com keep looking you if you really want to do it then it will be worth it.
Old 09-11-2004, 03:28 PM

Default Re: front clip (del soler)

thanks for the info..more then likey thats what im going to do.i want to do more then just have jdm parts i would really like to go all out.like they say if your going to do somthing make sure its done right..lol..im going to have about 6k to do this with so it should be enough.here is my email if u get time i would like to see some of them pics thanks...outofcontrol2669@wmconnect.com
Old 09-11-2004, 03:51 PM
Economic Upturn, WUT

Default Re: front clip (outofcontrol)

the best thing to do would keep your civic now, and just transplant everything into the civic, i doubt myself you would beable to connect the clip if thats what your looking to doing and that is a very stupid idea unless you know exactly how do it, even then its still risky in an accident of the weld breaking. Id just transplant everything from the clip onto the civic you have, youll need a good welder too to weld your holes and such.
Old 09-11-2004, 05:01 PM

Default Re: front clip (Sweet Lou)

its a badddddd idea changing the front clip of a car... makes the chassis alot weaker.. i say just transplant everything as well. just my .02. gl with whatever u chose to do.
Old 09-11-2004, 05:51 PM

Default Re: front clip (Chris M)

Yeah, just replace as much items on your EH with that of the EG. Otherwise, like you said "if you're going to do something, do it right", go authentic. So get a real JDM RHD hatch.

Modified by TallAssFilipino at 10:13 PM 9/11/2004
Old 09-11-2004, 08:51 PM

Default n/m

Old 09-11-2004, 09:06 PM

Default Re: front clip (Chris M)

On the 92-95 civic hatch its really not a good idea to transplant from one clip to another (such as cutting out the fire wall) sense the fire wall is not just a one piece. If you put a clip on it may weaken it , although im in auto collision repair class and my boyfriend is a body man. and if you sleeve it there is no almost no way it should be weekend. we just got done putting it together today and you need if your not a body man, you need to have a professional frame worker at a body shop put it togher. Going rate per hour for frame man is about $50.00 in kansas. So you'll need a great deal of $. But honestly the fire wall is virtually impossible to change out. My boyfriend has a b20 Frankenstein that hes putting in it running 11.8:1 compression so we really debated the strenght of the structural features of this car. But overall, If done correctly will work Good Luck and Ill send you the pics!
Old 09-11-2004, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: front clip (del soler)

Doing a rhd conversion, wont weaken the chassis if done right. If anything it will be stronger...
Old 09-11-2004, 09:32 PM
Economic Upturn, WUT

Default Re: front clip (yOyOshi)

itll make it weak just putting hte clip back on it .. are you stupid, you don't just cut the frame and put the clip on it .. don't spread bad info.
Old 09-11-2004, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: front clip (Sweet Lou)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sweet Lou &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">itll make it weak just putting hte clip back on it .. are you stupid, you don't just cut the frame and put the clip on it .. don't spread bad info.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ur a moron My homie who owns KBP a well know body shop out here... just did a RHD conv. I used to think the same thing, thatll make the chassis weaker, but if done RIGHT it will be stronger.

Maybe if u take it to Uncle Earl's Chop Shop, ull get wat u pay for, but not at KBP they reinforced the **** out of the welds they did, therefore makin it stronger...
Old 09-12-2004, 07:31 AM

Default Re: front clip (yOyOshi)

that's true a true and honestly good welder will know what hes doing replacing a clip is a approved ICar method its been tested over and over and they wouldn't do it if it wasn't safe. Ture that when you weld something the heat zone around the weld can be more brittle do to the continues on off of the welder. and welds are always stronger than the sheet metal that surrounds them. But when you use approved methods such as on the frame weld doing bead welds because its reduces the heat zone then there should be not be a problem and also by sleaveing it it should be fine. But trust your instincts, also you 500-600 whp people. This may be a little different story for you. That's why most RHD cars are show cars.And true it is easy to twist a frame, on a BOF (body over frame) such as a 58 -70 impala. and novas, old camaros, old mustang, or basically any old car.but today's cars are unitized and they wont twist easily buy the torque or WHP that easily. Al tough...that unitized frame can twist under extreme torque or if you have a convertible that's why hardly any high torque cars are convertibles due to frame twisting. But like i said trust your instincts, and do what you wanna do.!