Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

!!FREAKIN EX WON'T START!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!FREAKIN EX WON'T START!!!

I was attempting to teach my girlfriend to drive a stick(should i have?) then she keeps messing up the clutch to gas ratio in first gear, so you know what happened, the car kept cutting off. so after a couple of times the car doesnt even want to crank. Nothing when i turn the ignition besides music and the display lights. i figured that i overheated my starter so i end up having to push the car 3/4 of a mile to my house until the car cools and then attempt again to no suprise, the car is acting the same. i took the starter to oreilly and they tested it and said that it was fine, my battery is fine as well. fyi i have an alarm and i think that its my kill switch but not sure. i've looked all over and all my connections seem to be fine. HELP!!!!
Old 08-01-2005, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: !!FREAKIN EX WON'T START!!! (eternaljihad)

Is it the battery? What happens when you try and start it? Does it click, turn slow, etc?

Old 08-01-2005, 08:30 AM

Default Re: !!FREAKIN EX WON'T START!!! (AutoXer)

YES THE BATTERY IS FINE, THE STARTER IS FINE. NOTHING HAPPENS. NO CLICKING NOISE NOTHING, THE ONLY THING THAT HAPPENS IS THE RADIO COMES ON AND THE DISPLAY LIGHTS.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:42 AM

well, maybe she meesed up your clutch. You do need the clutch to work in order for the car to start. Maybe you should check your clutch?? Here's another tip, NEVER teach anyone new to manual on your car again, teach them with a beat up car! Lets say, a 90 Corolla. I tried to teach my g/f with my car, after 2 days, i said no more, i dont want my tranny to have huge holes in them and have my tranny drop to the ground right before my eyes....
Old 08-01-2005, 08:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: !!FREAKIN EX WON'T START!!! (*****est_raver)

could be the safety switch on the clutch pedal.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:46 AM

!!!!???MESSED UP MY CLUTCH, HELL NAW, THAT COULDN'T BE, I HAVE AN ACT PERFORMANCE CLUTCH... IT SADDENS ME THAT YOU MIGHT BE RIGHT, HOW CAN I CHECK. GRRRRRR!!!!
Old 08-01-2005, 08:48 AM

Default Re: !!FREAKIN EX WON'T START!!! (sohc_boy)

IS THE SAFETY SWITCH IDENTICAL TO THE BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH?, IT WAS NEVER AN ISSUE WHEN I DIDN'T HAVE THE RUBBER STOP ON THE PEDAL TO COMPRESS THE SWITCH BEFORE
Old 08-01-2005, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow you need that rubber peice or forget it the plastic pin will go right through the hole and the car will not start
Old 08-01-2005, 08:57 AM

lol, thanks for the caps. lmao!! anyway, your gonna have to umm, well i hate to say it but take out ur tranny! Even with that ACT, man have the car die and start, over, and over, and over again. Performance clutch means nothing! Having that first gear hit hard, and die, not good to both tranny and clutch! Check the sensor for the clutch (is there is such a thing) that might be messed up. Or maybe your clutch isnt engaging right due to the hard hit on first gear. I had an 03 Celica GTS, and it did that in cold weather too, no click no nothing just silence besides the radio, but if i keep trying to engage the clutch it'll start after 3 minutes! So maybe there might be a sensor.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:33 AM

that means that i can pop the clutch to see if its a clutch problem right, there is really no way to test the clutch switch is there????
Old 08-01-2005, 09:50 AM

that's brolly the legendary super saiyan if he ever went super saiyan 4!!!!
i also have that pic....
who do u think would win brolly ssj4 or gogeta ssj4?
Old 08-01-2005, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey why dont you try to just push start the car.... have someone push you down the street have it in 1st gear or second and let the clutch out... not hard tho and see if it starts? how about that/
Old 08-01-2005, 09:43 PM

Default Re: (siregcivic)

i say that gogeta would win because goku has a no die attitude and he has beaten him on two previous occasions. so just on the bases of that along with vegeta, it would go down, would be a great fight though
Old 08-01-2005, 09:46 PM

Default Re: (eternaljihad)

i've already push started the car to diagnose that problem and it started so i know that its not my clutch or the gears, i'm hella worried man, never seen anything like this before, i've been on honda-tech all day asking questions. i would go to honda but their bitch asses charge 87 dollars just to look at it, i'm a college student, too much bread right now
Old 08-02-2005, 05:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eternaljihad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i've already push started the car to diagnose that problem and it started so i know that its not my clutch or the gears, i'm hella worried man, never seen anything like this before, i've been on honda-tech all day asking questions. i would go to honda but their bitch asses charge 87 dollars just to look at it, i'm a college student, too much bread right now</TD></TR></TABLE>

If it starts when pushed, I would almost gaurantee that it's the battery or starter (even though I know you've had them tested; I've seen bad ones fail those testers at the autoparts stores). Have you tried to jump start it? I don't think it'd be the main relay, because then it wouldn't prime the pump and run.

Old 08-02-2005, 05:18 AM

Default Re: (AutoXer)

Wow and my girl was like "Now that your car is going to be manual you can teach me how to drive." Fawk that.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:19 AM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Default Re: (SRCivic97)

Exactly, women ruin everything.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (JDM-EJ1)

this has got to be one of the stupidest threads iv read on here, go under your dash board and check to see if the little rubber peice on your clutch pedal is pushing in the little white **** into the clutch pedal sensor, and your car will start.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:26 AM

Default Re: (sicones)

dude, it can't be that stupid if everyone seems a bit perplexed, i'll try what you said but it doesnt make sense if the clutch button is pushed in then the car will start, that takes away the whole reasoning for pushing down the clutch to start the car. when you push the clutch the button releases resulting in the car starting, but you say push the button in as if i don't need to press the clutch down to start the car. alrighty
Old 08-02-2005, 07:49 AM

You forgot to check one other simple thing the alternator?????? I remember blowing my alternator because I hook up my phoenix XS2300 this amp is the **** and it blew my alternator so bad and hatchback wouldn't start I had to jump start to get it to go. Try that good luck.. Go get the alternator tested at Kragens or Autozone.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:39 AM

Default Re: (CivicHXB16A)

Check the starter power cable. I had this go out on me before. No clicking, no nothing. The shop replaced the starter and it did the exact same thing. Check to make sure you are getting 12V at the starter end of your power cable.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AlpineInstaller)

man you better beat your girlfriend up....
Old 08-02-2005, 03:08 PM

damnit no answers!!!
Old 08-02-2005, 03:21 PM

ok listen. i had the same problem on my hatch.. as stated above. check the plastic tab on your clutch pedal. if there's not one that's your problem. there should be two on there actually , since you have cruise control. try that. then if that's not the problem you can bridge your starter power wire with the little male connector for the little wire on your starter... if that doesn't work then it's your starter. make sure you have your car in neutral. ... also all of that jerking around may have loosened an engine ground, double check those. all of these i know from experience.. and last but not least... don't let your girl drive your car.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: (jax si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jax si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok listen. i had the same problem on my hatch.. as stated above. check the plastic tab on your clutch pedal. if there's not one that's your problem. there should be two on there actually , since you have cruise control. try that. then if that's not the problem you can bridge your starter power wire with the little male connector for the little wire on your starter... if that doesn't work then it's your starter. make sure you have your car in neutral. ... also all of that jerking around may have loosened an engine ground, double check those. all of these i know from experience.. and last but not least... don't let your girl drive your car. </TD></TR></TABLE>