Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Found a solution to slow SOHC's you have to see this

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found a solution to slow SOHC's you have to see this

first of im not sure if this is the right place to post this but i think it should be but sorry if its not .but this guy has all my respect for doing this!!! http://www.homemadeturbo.com/f...=9421
Old 09-25-2003, 07:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Found a solution to slow SOHC's you have to see this (Rhythm Racer)

That is pretty damn cool.
Old 09-25-2003, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

in-*******-sane
Old 09-25-2003, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

that is stupid. Twin turbos are not good for high hp numbers. Think about it. Any car that come facotry tt is most often replaced with a single turbo eventually. This is because they are good for spool times and what not but not actual hp number as they are small turbos. Plus I doubt that engine could spool two turbos.
Old 09-25-2003, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EF9_SiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I never post on Honda Tech...nor am I even a member.
The name only sounds kinda rice.."Honda Tech"</TD></TR></TABLE>

Names are now ricey
Old 09-25-2003, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2&gt;1

i have stock cx mani f/s if anyones interested :p
Old 09-25-2003, 07:23 PM

I dont know but it beats me from what i just saw made my eyes opened bigger pretty crazy mind knowlegded ******* though

good **** anyways
Old 09-25-2003, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EF9_SiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that is stupid. Twin turbos are not good for high hp numbers. Think about it. Any car that come facotry tt is most often replaced with a single turbo eventually. This is because they are good for spool times and what not but not actual hp number as they are small turbos. Plus I doubt that engine could spool two turbos. </TD></TR></TABLE>

mad props that's a lot of work. who cares if a single turbo could be better did you even read the post? it's more about doing something different for this guy obviously!

plus that's an amazing amount of effort he's put in to his car give him some credit!

i love seeing stuff like this, when people try new things, even if it doesn't work out. what if nobody tired new concepts with cars? where would we be now? I bet you would flame the first person that did ls/vtec because it was unproven and unexplored kind of like twin turbos on a honda or even on a sohc motor!

I hope he has even more fun and good luck with the monster motor!

-Sketch
Old 09-25-2003, 07:31 PM

Default Re: (Sketch_hs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sketch_hs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

mad props that's a lot of work. who cares if a single turbo could be better did you even read the post? it's more about doing something different for this guy obviously!

plus that's an amazing amount of effort he's put in to his car give him some credit!

i love seeing stuff like this, when people try new things, even if it doesn't work out. what if nobody tired new concepts with cars? where would we be now? I bet you would flame the first person that did ls/vtec because it was unproven and unexplored kind of like twin turbos on a honda or even on a sohc motor!

I hope he has even more fun and good luck with the monster motor!

-Sketch</TD></TR></TABLE>

Right on, thats how you r0ck a comment br0
Old 09-25-2003, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Found a solution to slow SOHC's you have to see this (Rhythm Racer)

Wow...got to give some props to him!

He did it cheap too. Sure is nice when you know how to weld, saves ALOT of money.
Old 09-25-2003, 07:39 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EF9_SiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that is stupid. Twin turbos are not good for high hp numbers. Think about it. Any car that come facotry tt is most often replaced with a single turbo eventually. This is because they are good for spool times and what not but not actual hp number as they are small turbos. Plus I doubt that engine could spool two turbos. </TD></TR></TABLE> come on man the guy tt a SOHC give him props ...and about your comment not being able to spool did you read it it spools fine....just a few diffrent bugs he needs to work out. and my friend has a twin turbo 300zx and that things is amazing i couldint picture it single turbo ....im not trying to start anything with you i just think this guy should get lots of credit for doing this . do you have any idea how much work and time and effort was put into that!!!
Old 09-25-2003, 07:41 PM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: Found a solution to slow SOHC's you have to see this (HXMan)

That is cool as ****...props to the guy who put the time in
Old 09-25-2003, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Found a solution to slow SOHC's you have to see this (BauleyCivic)

props
Old 09-25-2003, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Found a solution to slow SOHC's you have to see this (dxhatch93)

bah! Why would you twin turbo it just so you can be original? Thats a stupid idea. I mean for one, the manifold design is shitty. I never said that they wouldn't spool fine, actually I said that they would pool nicely, they just dont make a lot of power. He is actually hurting himself and his engine with that setup. He obviously hasnt taken in the thought of fuel as he is burning up spark plugs. I can't wait until he boosts it and it blows. What do I know though? Just wait till you see me and my quad turboed B18!
Old 09-25-2003, 07:58 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Found a solution to slow SOHC's you have to see this (dxhatch93)

one word BADASS

never seen or heard of it done.. give that guy props, he put a lotta time and effert into the car..
Old 09-25-2003, 08:03 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

this isnt the first one i've seen... i believe there was a guy by the name of 'Techna' on sho with a tt 5g coupe... his install looked a lot cleaner though...

but to anyone willing to put that much money and time into something like that--- RESPECT
Old 09-25-2003, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Found a solution to slow SOHC's you have to see this (Hybrid95CivicEX)

speechless btw, anyone else notice the girl with a "mouthfull" in one of the member's avatar?
Old 09-25-2003, 08:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EF9_SiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that is stupid. Twin turbos are not good for high hp numbers.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is such bullshit.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Found a solution to slow SOHC's you have to see this (whoDAT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by whoDAT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">speechless btw, anyone else notice the girl with a "mouthful" in one of the member's avatar?</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol yeah, reminded me of EF9_SiR lol just kidding!

Seriously EF9_SiR i think you're just jealous of his turbos

lol, mouthful

-Sketch

Modified by Sketch_hs at 5:46 AM 9/26/2003
Old 09-25-2003, 08:21 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EF9_SiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that is stupid. Twin turbos are not good for high hp numbers. Think about it. Any car that come facotry tt is most often replaced with a single turbo eventually. This is because they are good for spool times and what not but not actual hp number as they are small turbos. Plus I doubt that engine could spool two turbos. </TD></TR></TABLE>What about the drag cars that have twin turbos? Papadakis' old car was pretty quick.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Found a solution to slow SOHC's you have to see this (Sketch_hs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sketch_hs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol yeah, reminded me of EF9_SiR lol just kidding!

Seriously EF9_SiR i think you're just jealous of his turbos

lol, mouthful

-Sketch</TD></TR></TABLE>From http://www.i-supra.com

What's better, twin turbos, or a huge single turbo? Twin turbos are most advantageous over single turbos on larger displacement and split bank engine ('V' and Horizontally Opposed). On a small-moderate displacement single bank engine like the 2JZ, the merits of a twin turbo set up do not significantly out-weight the disadvantages

Thus on a 1.5 it would be be bad, and on a i-4 even worse. I figured they would know. And why is it that most rx-7 and supra owners will tell you that the best turbo upgrade is to convert to single turbo? The lag will be greater, but the horsepower will have a lot more potential. Plus there is the fact that, to get the manifold to spool the turbos properlly he would have to spend a lot in r&d. Otherwise he is going to be getting some f'ed up results.

And why would I be jealous of a tt 1.6? Ive got a nice little setup thats just itchin to go in....

Oh yeah! Papdakis has the money to properly develop such a sophisticated arrangement.

and read the signature! rx-7 turbo II?
Old 09-25-2003, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pdiggitydogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">in-*******-sane</TD></TR></TABLE>

u took the words right out of my mouth
Old 09-25-2003, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Found a solution to slow SOHC's you have to see this (whoDAT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by whoDAT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">speechless btw, anyone else notice the girl with a "mouthfull" in one of the member's avatar?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i did. it was bad ***
Old 09-25-2003, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Found a solution to slow SOHC's you have to see this (EF9_SiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EF9_SiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh yeah! Papdakis has the money to properly develop such a sophisticated arrangement.

and read the signature! rx-7 turbo II? </TD></TR></TABLE>Just sayin'. Clearly, a twin turbo setup isn't the best idea on that dude's setup, but it is interesting. And what's a RX-7 turbo II?
Old 09-25-2003, 08:49 PM
ERA

Default Re: Found a solution to slow SOHC's you have to see this (EF9_SiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EF9_SiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bah! Why would you twin turbo it just so you can be original? Thats a stupid idea. I mean for one, the manifold design is shitty. I never said that they wouldn't spool fine, actually I said that they would pool nicely, they just dont make a lot of power. He is actually hurting himself and his engine with that setup. He obviously hasnt taken in the thought of fuel as he is burning up spark plugs. I can't wait until he boosts it and it blows. What do I know though? Just wait till you see me and my quad turboed B18! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't be DumB....

Nice new concept design on that ****..... ^^^^**** the haters

Quick Reply: Found a solution to slow SOHC's you have to see this