Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

font end conversion

Old 07-18-2006, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default font end conversion

i have searched and haven't got a straight answer. i know it is possiable to put a itr front end on a 92-95 civic but is it just the same kit or is there a different kit to do this. has anyone on here done it and how did it turn out.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: font end conversion (jdmcivicsi522)

this wont just bolt on you know that right?

and what the hell you mean by

"is it just the same kit or is there a different kit to do this."
Old 07-18-2006, 07:01 PM

Default Re: font end conversion (97_hatch)

what i mean is i saw on a websit a conversion for a itr front end and it listed 92-95 civic with a slash then it said94 integra. so im asking is there a conversion kit for a civic or is it the same kit as the integra.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:09 PM

As far as I know a front end conversion for the eg is pretty time consuming. One guy I met at a car show with an itr front end had to cut the itr fenders in half and weld them with the civic fenders, then attach the rest of the front clip. That is the only way I know of and to be honest it doesn't seem worth it to me. The body lines of the fenders aren't the same, but if you have the ability go for it, it does look sick from the front view until you turn a little and realize it's a hatch lol.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:17 PM

Default Re: font end conversion (leeminho86)

thanks for the info. im just trying to find something to make the car alittle nicer looking and i live in pa so no one "respects" jdm except me and some others i know and i hate bodykits so that is why i was thinking about a conversion. just do not want to have to do all the cutting and welding unless i thouight it was very worth it. any helpful ideas will help
Old 07-19-2006, 05:14 PM

Honestly I think nothing looks cleaner then a stock bumper with some fogs and a nice lip, I have a milano red hatch with a carbon creations "spoon" lip and will be buying oem fog lights to finish off the exterior. Check out the appearance forum and get an idea of what you want to do I guess. You could save the money from a conversion and buy a turbo kit
Old 07-19-2006, 05:48 PM

Default Re: font end conversion (leeminho86)

hey thanks bro and already one step ahead im picking up my turbo kit this week but like i said i really like stock a buddy of my has a legit rhd ferio and i love how it looks. but everyone else is just like it looks stock except for it being rhd. people around here only get excited over body kits and systems
Old 07-19-2006, 05:53 PM

Ah who cares what other people think, they're not driving it
Old 07-19-2006, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmcivicsi522 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks for the info. im just trying to find something to make the car alittle nicer looking and i live in pa so no one "respects" jdm except me and some others i know and i hate bodykits so that is why i was thinking about a conversion. just do not want to have to do all the cutting and welding unless i thouight it was very worth it. any helpful ideas will help</TD></TR></TABLE>

LoL, I live in NY, I like that quote "i live in pa so no one "respects" jdm except me"
Lmao I'ma move to PA just so I can be one more person to not respect jdm, lmao

There's nothing special about JDM, I guess you can say it's "rare" - I mean u have pple doing RHS conversions in order to look JDM 'n all but the Japanese don't care about RHS or LHS, they have both over there, all the benz's are LHS, and all the rich pple got benzs...just the way it is...what does really get them going though is the older cars, muscle cars, 67-74 especially really gets'em going...like I met I guy in tokyo with a 71 R/T challenger, red, lil bit of rust by the bumper, asside from that, it was mint, in any event that was a real big head turner, everybody loved that, I was too busy looking at the skylines, RX-7's and Supras, but all the Japanese were in love with the challenger, I found it kind of funny - but asside from the muscle car classics which just as much turn heads in the US, they don't give a crap about US models :-\

I do think JDM is overrated :-\ - people obey to it like it's a god and it's rediculous...
Old 07-20-2006, 02:44 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmcivicsi522 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">t i live in pa so no one "respects" jdm except me and some others i know and i hate bodykits </TD></TR></TABLE>

ugh