Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

foglights in eg stopped working... in car now... help me!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default foglights in eg stopped working... in car now... help me!

Hey guys... I am out in my yard with my laptop in the pass. seat so I can access the forum for help.

I have a 93 si with factory fogs... recently reinstalled a new alarm, and now the factory fogs aren't working.

I am checking all connectors under the dash, and all looks good... so now I am thinking FUSES...

BUT... what fuse would be the one for the factory fogs??

This might be a really stupid question, but I am running on 1.5 hours of sleep, and I can't think straight.

I am literally in the car working now... so any FAST help would be much appreciated.... I can even pm my cell if someone wants to talk me through this.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: foglights in eg stopped working... in car now... help me! (R1_Owner)

Follow the wires from the fuse box and see if you can find the relay or fuse.

I would think it ties into the factory headlight wiring also, do they work? If not, check the headlight fuses in the fuse box.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: foglights in eg stopped working... in car now... help me! (R1_Owner)

there should be a relay switch some where under the hood for the lights, as well as a fuse. also check the the connections behind the light, maybe water damage, or corroded wires. doen't hurt to check the switch as well, a faulty switch will cause this.

i have provided a link on the bottom. it's more for installation, but it's straight from the dealer and should show you where everything should be sitting.

http://www.hondaautomotivepart....html
this is for the 2/3door civic.

also did you install the alarm or had someone do it? maybe they unplugged something and forgot to replug it.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:01 PM

Default Re: foglights in eg stopped working... in car now... help me! (philosofy1)

they both were working fine, and then both stopped... if it was corroded wires, wouldn't it have been an foreseeable *did I spell that right?* issue??

The headlights, signals, brake lights, and interior lights are all working fine... not a single problem. Just suddenly fog lights no workie.

I am trying to follow all wires and traces them to a fuse... somewhere.

KINDA tight being upide down in my seat with my head under the dash. HAHA!

Old 09-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it does sound like a realy/fuse problem, but you want to cross out all the possibilites. click on the link i sent you, it should help to loocate the relays and fuses.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:46 PM

I ******* GIVE UP!!!!!

Old 09-27-2006, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by R1_Owner &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I ******* GIVE UP!!!!!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

relax, one who masters patients, masters life.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:47 PM

oh... wait... think I found a fried fuse... it looks like the jumper fuse in the diagram... damn thing is almost melted. Bet that can't be working anymore.

Guess I am off to pep boys for a 15a... maybe that will work.

Old 09-27-2006, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by R1_Owner &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh... wait... think I found a fried fuse... it looks like the jumper fuse in the diagram... damn thing is almost melted. Bet that can't be working anymore.

Guess I am off to pep boys for a 15a... maybe that will work.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

before you replace it, double check for shorts, or you're just going to be working twice.

with a voltage meter.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:51 PM

Default Re: foglights in eg stopped working... in car now... help me! (philosofy1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

before you replace it, double check for shorts, or you're just going to be working twice.

with a voltage meter.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks...

... I'll post again when I get back with the results of my finding...

Old 09-27-2006, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">relax, one who masters patients, masters life. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I am doomed then.....
Old 09-27-2006, 03:44 PM

Default Re: foglights in eg stopped working... in car now... help me! (HondaJack)

and I think you meant... one who masters patience *as in the trait* vs patients *as in people seeking medical or psychological help*.

However, I think the ***-clown that did my alarm either clipped something or misran a wire. I changed every fuse, checked all connections, etc.

It is just not going to happen tonight.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Old 09-28-2006, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This is worse case scenario but you could just pull out the wirirng and start over.

I did this with a set of depo fog (OEM looking) lights. There was a brass "C" clip that held all the wires together at one point in the harness. That damn "C" clip over time frayed all the wires. I had sooooo many fog light headaches I finally said *** it and pulled all the wiring, and then made a harenss myself.

Its not that hard, hell, even vatozone sells a fog light wiriing kit seperately if you want to go that route. I just soldered all my own **** together. NEVER had a problem again.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: foglights in eg stopped working... in car now... help me! (mike1114)

no to jack the thread or anything but should the inline fuse always have power even if the car is off? my fogs work but if i leave them connected, my battery goes dead after a few hours.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: foglights in eg stopped working... in car now... help me! (93civicsedan)

no, it shouldn't have constant power. that's why your battery dies.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:21 PM

my friend got a EG hatch....and he just order some jdm fog light from passwordjdm.com and its not fitting right....how much do he have to cut off to make it fit?
Old 09-28-2006, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (snsamotors)

http://www.hondaautomotivepart....html

click on the link above ^^^ it's directions on how to install it, it should show you.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:29 PM

with the oem foglights no matter where you buy them in the wiring harness for the fogs it comes with a relay and a fuse check both.

also there are two grounds one inside the car and one outside closer to the lights them selfs.

also if the foglights are not fitting properly you need to angle the lens properly so the covers will fit on. and if thats not working then apperently somthing in the bumper was not cut right