Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

FOGLIGHTS!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 01:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FOGLIGHTS!!!!!

just want to know if eg got real and fake foglights. meaning genuine and oem style one.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FOGLIGHTS!!!!! (spintboy)

yes they do have both real and fake foglights.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:40 AM

there's OEM which are Stanley's and OEM replica, if that's what you're asking

they both look the same, but one you're paying more
Old 12-24-2006, 03:13 AM

yeah they got fake & real!.....
Old 12-24-2006, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spintboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just want to know if eg got real and fake foglights. meaning genuine and oem style one.</TD></TR></TABLE>

they have both

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EscaBoi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there's OEM which are Stanley's and OEM replica, if that's what you're asking

they both look the same, but one you're paying more</TD></TR></TABLE>

correct, which the stanley's (oem) are discontinued. best bet to find them would probably be on ebay.

as for the replicas, they are alot cheaper (money wise), and are exactly the same. from the wire harness down to the switches. you can barely even tell the difference.
Old 12-24-2006, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

are those fake ebay ones glass....
Old 12-24-2006, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (airmax)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by airmax &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are those fake ebay ones glass....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, as far as I know
Old 12-24-2006, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FOGLIGHTS!!!!! (philosofy1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

as for the replicas, they are alot cheaper (money wise), and are exactly the same. from the wire harness down to the switches. you can barely even tell the difference.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Cheaper, yes.

Exactly the same, no. 2 most well known OEM style brands, Depo (OEM style foglights) and Esuse (OEM style driving lights) have different wiring harnesses, which in turn are different from the real OEM harness. The lens on a Depo set are like the real OEM set, giving a wider light spread found in foglights. The lens of an Esuse set are different, giving off a narrower light spread like driving lights.

Esuse switches have an amber illumination and Depo switches have a blue illumination. Both switches cannot be controlled by the dash light dimmer, where as the real OEM switch can.
Old 12-24-2006, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the OEM fogs aren't more expensive than fakes, that's a myth from people that don't search and buy their knockoffs at online shops, you can get brand new OEM fogs for the same price as knockoffs.

the quality of OEM is so much better than fakes, the materials, fuses, relays, switches, are much better quality and will last much longer, if you look around on this forum you'll find tons of threads about people with problems with depo fogs, and hardly any with OEM fogs acting up

the bulbs are also better quality

when it comes down to it you either choose if you're ok with knockoff crap that you can find right away, or can wait and search for the real deal and not settle for second best
Old 12-24-2006, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

don't knock the knockoffs just yet...

ANd no way you can find a BRAND new OEM at the same price of a knockoff... are you kidding me

Knockoffs NEW 42 bucks clear - 62 bucks yellow
OEM USED go up to 100+ considering what condition it is in.
NEW is more like 180+!!!!!!

ANd if you are concerned with the bulb - swap it out and it'll still be cheaper than the used oems
Old 12-24-2006, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

When I chipped in some money to buy some OEM fogs for my brother's 94 Civic back in 1995, the entire foglight set cost $399.99. His original H3 bulbs lasted about 6 years before one of them burnt out.

Bought some Esuse driving lights in 1999 for my hatch, went about $180.

Got in an accident and had to get a new set, so in 2000 I bought some Depos for about $189. I still have the original H3 bulbs in them.

Just recently bought some yellow glass Esuse driving lights for my coupe for $69.99

Not sure how much the real OEM sets cost nowadays, but I'm sure they are significantly higher in price compared to the knockoffs.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by airmax &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">don't knock the knockoffs just yet...

ANd no way you can find a BRAND new OEM at the same price of a knockoff... are you kidding me

Knockoffs NEW 42 bucks clear - 62 bucks yellow
OEM USED go up to 100+ considering what condition it is in.
NEW is more like 180+!!!!!!

ANd if you are concerned with the bulb - swap it out and it'll still be cheaper than the used oems</TD></TR></TABLE>

really?
real OEM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem
fake knockoff on password
http://www.passwordjdm.com/pro...D=508

in that case OEM is even CHEAPER than the fake

and even if the price difference is a little more for OEM, it's money well spent
Old 12-25-2006, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

u look for an oem ones in ebay... of course its cheaper than in passwordjdm... y dont u look for fakeones also in ebay...
Old 12-25-2006, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FOGLIGHTS!!!!! (smokerz212)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by smokerz212 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">u look for an oem ones in ebay... of course its cheaper than in passwordjdm... y dont u look for fakeones also in ebay...</TD></TR></TABLE>

because the $20 you save isn't worth it, i don't know why people try so hard to buy a knockoff
Old 12-25-2006, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you knew this was coming.... and your example is the suck...

like I said fake is 42 bucks yellow 62..
OEM is 100 Used 180 + new... you decide buddy

Why do people that claims to buy ALL authentic stuff feel like they need to preach... just simply give a smile and click on to another thread why don't you.

These cosmetics I would Not pay top dollar for just as stated above - I would rather pay for parts that matters. So therefore I love to rock fake and CHEAP (not as in quality but in PRICE) **** - bite me.

And this is coming from a guy that has Sony tv's in my house than some god damn RCA

MERRY CHRISTMAS TOO ALL
Old 12-25-2006, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2coupes)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2coupes &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

really?
real OEM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem
fake knockoff on password
http://www.passwordjdm.com/pro...D=508

in that case OEM is even CHEAPER than the fake

and even if the price difference is a little more for OEM, it's money well spent</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wait a minute...I thought we were all talking about EG foglights here.

At any rate, I'm happy with my knockoffs. They function as well as my brother's real Honda foglights.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by airmax &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OEM is 100 Used 180 + new... you decide buddy</TD></TR></TABLE>

where are you getting this 180 crap? that link is OEM fogs brand new, and it's not $180

i'm fine with you guys buying fakes, but it's kinda sad
Old 12-25-2006, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well FINE ...

62 still beats out your 130 new!!! smart guy

stop fighting a lossing battle with your "sad" remarks

what's sad is that you used a comparison on an ebay oem price to a fake retail price
Old 12-25-2006, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by airmax &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well FINE ...

62 still beats out your 130 new!!! smart guy

stop fighting a lossing battle with your "sad" remarks

what's sad is that you used a comparison on an ebay oem price to a fake retail price </TD></TR></TABLE>

stop typing at me and go buy your fake fogs then, after that go get some rotas too...then later you can put them on your replica civic
Old 12-25-2006, 02:24 PM

who the hell cares if you have rotas or replica fog lights, im about to go put in my replica fogs in a few, if the part you have serves its purpose just fine, and you are a money stricken 18 yo like me, you look for every cent you can to save for the next part, rota's are nice wheels, i have them too! 11 pound wheels with quality tires for 850 shipped, c'mon guys, you can't beat it unless you got the money to blow.....
Old 12-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (young noob)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by young noob &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who the hell cares if you have rotas or replica fog lights, im about to go put in my replica fogs in a few, if the part you have serves its purpose just fine, and you are a money stricken 18 yo like me, you look for every cent you can to save for the next part, rota's are nice wheels, i have them too! 11 pound wheels with quality tires for 850 shipped, c'mon guys, you can't beat it unless you got the money to blow.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

my situation also..
Old 12-25-2006, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by young noob &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> 11 pound wheels with quality tires for 850 shipped, c'mon guys, you can't beat it unless you got the money to blow.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

actually you can, i got buddy club P1's and 205/50/15 dunlop direzzas for $620 shipped, both brand new
Old 12-26-2006, 01:51 PM

they dont weight 11 pounds, and what tires does it come with, and what site is that??? so me the url....
Old 12-26-2006, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by young noob &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they dont weight 11 pounds, and what tires does it come with, and what site is that??? so me the url....</TD></TR></TABLE>

what rota's weigh 11 lbs? not many, and buddy clubs weigh 13 lbs, and you won't find that deal without searching, they were on ebay, and the tires were from http://www.tires.com with free shipping and $50 rebate, but most people don't search anymore so it's not even worth trying to tell people how I get deals like this
Old 12-27-2006, 12:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2coupes &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i'm fine with you guys buying fakes, but it's kinda sad</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is sadder...

/thread.

Quick Reply: FOGLIGHTS!!!!!