Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Fog Light installation

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog Light installation

hey, I'm looking to get these fog lights (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW )
and I was wondering how easy it is to install these lights. would I have to dremal out the grill that is in the holes where the lights go or is there an easier way???
thanks!
Old 11-24-2004, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Fog Light installation (ewn1603)

it an easy install, the only thing is i would power the fog light off of one of the extra power leads at the fuse box that way you can use them any time the car is on and not have to worry about them turning off with the high beams. With this setupo you can also leave them on all the time and they will shut off when the key is turned off.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:11 PM

i ordered a pair simliar to those, it was DEPO brand it came with a nice OEM switch, and a harness to plug into my fusebox so it turns on when lights are on...and by the fender u have to cut out that section..im guessin a hacksaw is easiest i had to use a flathead screwdriver and hobby knife..but installtion is pretty easy the only hard part for me was getting the stock bumper off and cutting out the fog light holes..

BTW they come clear, u mgiht wanna picj up a kan of krylon stained glass paint in yellow at ur local micheals for 6.99..give it 3 light coats and a clear coat then just return the paint since ur using a minimal amount and get ur money back
Old 12-01-2004, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (vg7z)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vg7z &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i ordered a pair simliar to those, it was DEPO brand it came with a nice OEM switch, and a harness to plug into my fusebox so it turns on when lights are on...and by the fender u have to cut out that section..im guessin a hacksaw is easiest i had to use a flathead screwdriver and hobby knife..but installtion is pretty easy the only hard part for me was getting the stock bumper off and cutting out the fog light holes..

BTW they come clear, u mgiht wanna picj up a kan of krylon stained glass paint in yellow at ur local micheals for 6.99..give it 3 light coats and a clear coat then just return the paint since ur using a minimal amount and get ur money back
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have the DEPO foglights too. although they didn't come with instructions. so i got the instructions for the OEM honda ones. The harnesses are obviously different on the 2 so the instructions weren't very helpful. Can you help me out with these? any help you can offer with the wiring install? Where does everything plug in?

s
Old 12-01-2004, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (stevel)

i can't help you with the fog install right now, as my instructions are a pretty far distance away. i can tell you that the switch should have a wire that goes to teh relay which will be in the engine area. this activates the relay. also, there's a ground and a positive from the switch. the positive will attach to the fuse box, you will see a few open pins that match the connector(later on this). ground the switch. on the relay for the fogs, you will see a +12v, and a ground. ground the ground, and put the +12 on the pos. battery terminal. there will be 1 more wire which goes to the fogs. also, the fogs will have a ground on them.

the switch's positive wire goes to a conenctor on the fuse box. i cannot say which one it is, so hook everything else up and turn on your parking lights, make sure the switch is depressed, and test until you find one. make sure they turn on/off with your parking/head lights.

to cut the bumper, i used a dremel, fast and easy