Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Foam behind bumper loose...Is this bad???

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foam behind bumper loose...Is this bad???

I took off my bumper for CTR grille blah blah, and when I took it off, I found out the foam for impact was loose...is this bad? Should I get it checked out?

And also, I couldn't get the mesh to stay in place for the grille, do you just put it in between the trim and bezel? Or do you glue it somehow? Thanks
Old 12-18-2004, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Foam behind bumper loose...Is this bad??? (Hazem)

I did my friends, sorta. Anyway he didnt even have the foam. Its not that big of a deal as long as you have the support beam there. You dont really need the foam, it just protects the bumper.

When i did my friends i just made the grill a little bigger then the trim and sandwiched it together and it holds.
Old 12-18-2004, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I dunno my cars foam was loose too, i'm not sure it's ever attached, I woudl try to figure out a way to glue it in some how though becuase otherwise i'm pretty sure it rattles.
Old 12-18-2004, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Foam behind bumper loose...Is this bad??? (red91sit)

well it cant be good
Old 12-18-2004, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Foam behind bumper loose...Is this bad??? (newevo4me)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by newevo4me &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well it cant be good</TD></TR></TABLE>

you think? or are you just making an assumption? I'm wondering if this will hinder the safety in the event of an accident.

Thanks.
Old 12-18-2004, 07:39 PM

ok for real think about it... if you hit a telephone pole or a car hit you head on do you think a peice of foam will really save your life? its really there just for fender benders and small hits where the bumper might bend and the foam help it from popping in or bend. The foam can be removed. and i believe that it might actually be glued on for factory purposes, but 100 to 1 it comes undone. So its not a big deal. and foam will not make any sound if its loose. not like a bolt or somehting metal. its soft for the sake of man kind. try throwing it against a wall and see how much effort it takes to make sound ( let me help you by skipping that idea... it won't make much at all!!!!. ) Its pretty tightly packed up in your bumper. When we replace bumpers at where i worked customing cars some times we had to take it out to make the bumper fit! So to recap:::: Its ok for it to be out. and it won't make any sound (in the case of it being non-glued) unless your engine, tires, and exhaust are really really super quiet!

Holla
Old 12-18-2004, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

oh geez. Its just foam...in an accident its not going to do much of anything except crush and break.
Mine is duct taped on so it doesnt fall off when I remove my bumper. Its not all that special.

If you try to glue your mesh on, use an epoxy...but it still wont work all that well.
Old 12-18-2004, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Foam behind bumper loose...Is this bad??? (xCIVICx)

Yeah.. xCIVICx is right..

It's only there as part of the 5mph bumper. If it wasnt there, and you bumped something.. it MAY dimple the bumper. Thats the only thing its there for.. over 5mph and the foam will just smash in.. so.. just dont rear end someone. Or if you do.. make sure you wack them really good and get your whole bumper replaced.

Old 12-18-2004, 08:06 PM

Default Re: Foam behind bumper loose...Is this bad??? (spdweb.net)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spdweb.net &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah.. xCIVICx is right..

It's only there as part of the 5mph bumper. If it wasnt there, and you bumped something.. it MAY dimple the bumper. Thats the only thing its there for.. over 5mph and the foam will just smash in.. so.. just dont rear end someone. Or if you do.. make sure you wack them really good and get your whole bumper replaced.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the help but may I ask why your sideskirts are white? If you like it then
but IMO, I don't like it...