Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Flashoptions.com??

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flashoptions.com??

Hey guys i was wondering if anyone here has bought anything from http://www.flashoptions.com are they lagit? any problems with the motor? ...They have a JDM Gsr front clip for sale for only $2850..shipped. Do u think its too good to be true??
Old 07-19-2003, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Flashoptions.com?? (Eg6hybrid92)

I would find out where they're located first. Their telephone number doesn't look like a US number, and I can't find a postal address anywhere.
Old 07-19-2003, 09:23 PM

Default Re: Flashoptions.com?? (Daniel)

They are located in malasia...they say they get the motors from japan then ship them to malaysia and keep them there tell someone orders them...that what i read at there site under "about us" I really hope someone has purchased from them and has positive things to say about them.....
Old 07-19-2003, 10:04 PM

I haven't heard of anyone buying anything from them. I wouldn't trust anybody outside the US.
Old 07-19-2003, 10:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Flashoptions.com?? (uncle)

alot of people have had bad experiences, mostly because they are in malaysia.
Old 07-20-2003, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Flashoptions.com?? (Kamin)

What kind of bad experiences...did the shipping take too long because they're in malaysia...or bad communication...or Bad as in the motor being a poor quality.. Somebody told me that this web site has a big thread about different places to buy motors...i cant find that thread what is it under??
Old 07-20-2003, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

all of the above...

dont let the cheap prices fool you. i would never order from them just to save a buck.
Old 07-20-2003, 05:15 PM

man.....that kinda pisses me off... i thought i had found a good deal and free shipping...well thats for the info im glad i found out about them before it was too late. Was the bad expierence along time ago? Was it just one bad expierences or everybody who order from them got screwed...and also do u know the thread about places to get a motor?
Old 07-20-2003, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">all of the above...

dont let the cheap prices fool you. i would never order from them just to save a buck.</TD></TR></TABLE>

that's what I seen so far from the past archieves if you search for flashoptions.com. I would rather deal with a company in the US then dealing with a company you don't know about that's outside the US. there's no consumer protection once you make that transaction, you're pretty much on your own. just my .02
Old 07-20-2003, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Flashoptions.com?? (sleeperciv)

what web sites do u guys suggest that have front clips or complete swaps for very cheap....cuz im broke.....
Old 07-20-2003, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eg6hybrid92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what web sites do u guys suggest that have front clips or complete swaps for very cheap....cuz im broke..... </TD></TR></TABLE>
im gonna say this again
DO NOT CHEAP OUT

if you are broke save more. the only places i would ever buy engines for a honda are http://www.hmotorsonline.com http://www.jdmhondaparts.com

if you try to get a cheap engine you will end up being screwed. if it seems too good to be true it probably is.
Old 07-20-2003, 06:57 PM

Ok i found a different site with a Jdm gsr front clip for sale its at http://www.jdmshit.com and they want $3300. Does anyone know if they are lagit? 3300 is alittle more then 2850 but i'd rather pay a little more and get quality motor also ....since its JDM that means its RHD ..correct? will i need any special part for the motor to work on a LHD 92 hatch?
Old 07-20-2003, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eg6hybrid92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok i found a different site with a Jdm gsr front clip for sale its at http://www.jdmshit.com and they want $3300. </TD></TR></TABLE>

JDM **** is run by H-T member Newman. I hear he's reputable.
Old 07-20-2003, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Flashoptions.com?? (Daniel)

I hear lots of bad things about flashoptions.com First off, that business is ran by a bunch of bad "Engrish" FOBs who hides behind a reputable looking website. I've read threads after threads on Nissan Forums discussing what a rip off those FO.com is. Here's a quote I took from NICO (Nissan Infiniti Car Owners) member:

"Between the broken english, the horrible shipping time and customs, and them sending the wrong engine, I dont recommend them at all.

I guess my friend must be the only one with horrible experience with flash options. He ordered an S14 front clip (with all the goodies, digital AC, triple cluster, no panals) a couple months ago. Got to Long Beach, had to ship it up to Seattle. Then the port wouldnt release it without approval of the EPA, then the importer in Seattle wouldnt release it until one of the shipping companies in LB released it. So finally we get it back to his house today (after a couple weeks and $200 dollars to get it out). Looks a little small to hold a front clip so we figure must just be cause of no body panals nor wheels. Open it up and here is what we find...

S13 black top engine, transmission, ic and piping, random parts from an S13 clip such as the front axle, a bunch of cylinders (clutch brake etc.), the ecu, cluster, what appears to be a complete harness, two sets of 1989-1994 180SX taillights (WTF), and about 20 floor mats from random cars. NO radiator, and of course NO S14 front clip.

Condition: The brakes connected to the axle are absolutely useless, they look like they were recovered from the Titanic. Engine is dirty as hell and had rat sht all over it. Compressor is very hard to turn and the seals are probably goners. Engine mounts are gone. Oil pan will definately need replacing as the stock one is bent heavily. Thats what I remember from memory.

Needless to say after the trouble importing and the lackluster engine we recieved, FA better send us alot of free crap (such as a turbo that works and a radiator) or else I wouldnt recommend them to anyone.

Edit: Appearantly FA sent us the wrong engine (duh) and they say they will send us an S14 clip through GA to avoid customs. However it wont arrive for 2 months. The engine they sent us was 'supposedly' going to Japan to be fixed because I guess its messed up. This is still too bad for my friend since he will be out of a car for a couple more months."

and if they do get their motors, they look like this:

http://forums.northwestnissans...79453
http://forums.northwestnissans...79457

My advice, DON'T BUY A MOTOR THAT YOU CAN'T PHYSICALLY INSPECT.

FLASHOPTIONS