Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Fixing stuff under the hood.

Old 09-22-2005, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixing stuff under the hood.

Hey everyone whats going on. Anyways my fiancee recently purchased a 92' civic hatchback with a d15. Its a work in progress, anyways the first day we got it we noticed the aftermarket intake *its just a red tube thing like short ram* it had a huge hole in it, so being on a budget we didn't want any dirt engine bay dust getting in through there so we just duct taped it up for now, next to the hole some tube was sticking out and they just covered it up with a screw. Another thing we noticed is that the two lines coming from the valve cover weren't connected anywhere. Well one is but either way its ripped right at the valve cover. A friend said get a breather valve but ive done research and heard its a rice thing and they shorten the motors life. Can you all post pictures of where that valve cover line is supposed to connect to? Im very new to hondas and most my friends drive v8s so they dont know either. Also the two bolts on the valve cover have ground wires connecting to the frame...are these neccessary? The guys we bought it from were weird people so we want to get the car back to "Stock" before we drop the H22. Sorry the post is a novel, i just wanna be detailed to get the most help. Thank you
Old 09-22-2005, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fixing stuff under the hood. (Carnage86)

that tube off the valve cover is supposed to go to the intake arm. and yes those grounds are very important and they are there stock.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Fixing stuff under the hood. (Carnage86)

how r u gonna drop in an h22 if u can't solve this problem?
Old 09-22-2005, 01:45 PM

umf.

Modified by C2daIzZle at 6:32 PM 9/24/2005
Old 09-22-2005, 03:06 PM

Default Re: (C2daIzZle)

hahahahha
Old 09-22-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Fixing stuff under the hood. (Civicse)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Civicse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how r u gonna drop in an h22 if u can't solve this problem?</TD></TR></TABLE>
exactly what I was thinking
Old 09-22-2005, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slowredcivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slowredcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hahahahha</TD></TR></TABLE>

Whats the point of this post? If you cant help this guy you need to go away.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: (MikeD718)

Were trying to help him by finding out how the hell he expects to do a H22 swap if he cant figure out where a few simple hoses go. I hope hes not trying to do it himself.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey mike thanx for the help, and to Civicse,C2daIzZle,slowredcivic,TurboCoop- the hell with you guys. Sorry i dont know everything there is to know about dropping in a motor like you guys. Ive never worked on a honda or any kind of import before, sorry for posting and asking for help, you wonder why honda-tech gets such a bad rep? instead of not posting and trying to help a new fellow import enthusiast out you just make him feel like a moron and make things seem like the import community are just bunch of know it all ******.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Re: (TurboCoop)

Like mike said the hose is supposed to go to the intake arm, but you can get away with using a little filter until you get a good intake with the inlet. As far as the wires leave them alone. They are supposed to be there. As far as the crap talkers don't let them bother you, people tend to forget where they started out.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboCoop &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Were trying to help him by finding out how the hell he expects to do a H22 swap if he cant figure out where a few simple hoses go. I hope hes not trying to do it himself.</TD></TR></TABLE>

not answering his question and being jerks is not helping.

Old 09-22-2005, 06:34 PM

Default Re: (jgalaz1)

**** you **** then, I didnt say anything mean until now. All you noobs think HT has a bad rep cause you are the idiots who post stupid **** like this. You didnt even get it as bad as most of the noobs do, you are lucky. I got flamed when I was new, and now you do, just like hazing. You might not think its a stupid question, but thats cause youre stupid.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jgalaz1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the hose is supposed to go to the intake arm, but you can get away with using a little filter until you get a good intake with the inlet.</TD></TR></TABLE>
You want some help, here you go-- put a breather filter on it instead of running the hose back to the intake. All it does is spray hot *** oil and gas straight into your intake tube. Or you could listen to the other noobs and have a peice of **** car. Good luck paying someone to finish the swap after you start and figure out you have no idea how to get past bolting it in.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:55 AM

I always thought HT had a good rep since it IS the biggest honda site on the net anyhow...
Old 09-23-2005, 05:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (Vado-Ieiunium)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vado-Ieiunium &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I always thought HT had a good rep since it IS the biggest honda site on the net anyhow...</TD></TR></TABLE>

You only have 2 posts, you'll undoubtedly get flamed for something stupid soon, then you'll understand.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:13 AM

Default Re: (Vado-Ieiunium)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vado-Ieiunium &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I always thought HT had a good rep since it IS the biggest honda site on the net anyhow...</TD></TR></TABLE>

SHUT THE **** UP NOOB!!! I'm playing.

TO: What I would do with your valve cover is either get a breather filter (it'll keep dirt from the engine bay from getting into your motor, much like a filter being on your CAI. It's essentially a vacuum that leaks oil into your intake.

If you can find the correct sized rubber hose to go over the hole, buy a foot or so of it. Put one end over the hole on your VC and then drill a hole in the cheap CAI and put the other end of the hose in there.

If you want to know what I mean by vacuum, start the car with the hood open. Place your finger over the hole and then press the throttle on the intake manifold. You should feel it start to suck on your finger.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nota-eg)

I did searches on the breather filter thing, all ive gotten is that its for ricers and apparently cuts down the engine life becuase its supposed to recycle those gasses that the hose lets out into the intake. Anyways we fixed most the stuff under there, suspension problems too. We're having a friend help us with the swap- hes been working on honda motors for 15 years or more and has done all the successful swaps where im at, pretty cool guy too. Hes running a eg with a built gsr motor and a turbo, selling that setup and dropping in a h22 as well as us at the same time. Anyways id like your opinion on the breather filter. its that mini air filter right? just to be sure im thinking of the right thing. And ok i guess getting flamed online is the new thing o well
Old 09-23-2005, 06:34 AM

Default Re: (Carnage86)

you'll be fine with a breather filter. That's where the valve cover sucks in air for idle when the throttle plate is closed. There is vacuum in the head while the car is running, so it only sucks in air from that hole, it doesn't push anything out. That's what the pcv valve is for.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:36 AM

Default Re: (Carnage86)

Yes, the breather filter is the mini-filter thing.

I don't think it cuts down on engine life, it doesn't let the excess oil and **** get into the intake, which will actually keep you intake cleaner. Or maybe that's just when you're boosted.

Either way, a lot of boosted guys are using them and they haven't been having problems.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (IHateJDM)

keep the ground wires. just put a breather until you do the swap.
good luck with the swap. h22's are difficult to swap if you are new to them, but there's alway H-T to help you along the way.

why not swap a b series engine? it's a lot easier(just in & out really) and save on the mounts and the headaches... just my opinion!
Old 09-23-2005, 10:52 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboCoop &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">**** you **** then, I didnt say anything mean until now. All you noobs think HT has a bad rep cause you are the idiots who post stupid **** like this. You didnt even get it as bad as most of the noobs do, you are lucky. I got flamed when I was new, and now you do, just like hazing. You might not think its a stupid question, but thats cause youre stupid.

You want some help, here you go-- put a breather filter on it instead of running the hose back to the intake. All it does is spray hot *** oil and gas straight into your intake tube. Or you could listen to the other noobs and have a peice of **** car. Good luck paying someone to finish the swap after you start and figure out you have no idea how to get past bolting it in. </TD></TR></TABLE>

don't be mad at us because your an ***.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:58 AM

Default Re: (jgalaz1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jgalaz1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">don't be mad at us because your an ***. </TD></TR></TABLE> youre just mad cause you got punked out by everyone cause you gave shitty advice about the breather filter, dipshit
Old 09-23-2005, 11:03 AM

ok, everyone, take two fingers and pull your vagina open to let all the sand out. Quit bitching about stupid ****. This thread should be dead by now.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:03 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboCoop &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> youre just mad cause you got punked out by everyone cause you gave shitty advice about the breather filter, dipshit </TD></TR></TABLE>

He gave shitty advice?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jgalaz1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Like mike said the hose is supposed to go to the intake arm, but you can get away with using a little filter until you get a good intake with the inlet. As far as the wires leave them alone. They are supposed to be there. As far as the crap talkers don't let them bother you, people tend to forget where they started out.

not answering his question and being jerks is not helping. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Doesn't sound like his answer was any worse than what anyone else had to say.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IHateJDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok, everyone, take two fingers and pull your vagina open to let all the sand out. Quit bitching about stupid ****. This thread should be dead by now.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That won't work. Time to break out the firehoses and drill bits
Old 09-24-2005, 03:25 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboCoop &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> youre just mad cause you got punked out by everyone cause you gave shitty advice about the breather filter, dipshit </TD></TR></TABLE>

Can you even read....LOL
Old 09-24-2005, 04:13 PM

Intakes arent that expensive these days though. just look for a decent one doesnt ahve to be a big name brand one
Old 09-24-2005, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DaZDiLI)

How do the breather filters lower engine life?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fixing stuff under the hood.