Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

finishing up swap NEED INFO ASAP (b18c into 94' EX)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finishing up swap NEED INFO ASAP (b18c into 94' EX)

so i'm dropping in the engine and see that the rear coolant hose fits but the ABS crap is kinda in the way and it just doesn't fit smooth like it probly should, but i'm just wondering if i should get a different hose or something? or just keep tryin to make this one fit as nice as it should?

also the throttle cable.... is it very hard to keep the stock throttle cable on this swap?

living here where i do it's not like i can drive to the honda dealership or pep boys or autozone, anything like that is a good 65 miles away. so please take that into consideration too... thanks for any help
Old 07-06-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: finishing up swap NEED INFO ASAP (j0nptw)

also my fuel return line fits but it just seems kinda tight....
Old 07-06-2005, 06:19 PM

bump it up
Old 07-06-2005, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea u need yo get an integra thorttle cable but there ways of making it work and far as the abs being in the way i got an ex wit a dohc vtec motor havent had a prob wit that no abs and the fuel line is goin to fit a lil tight use a screw clamp and wat kind of rad hose are u using for upper and lower
Old 07-07-2005, 12:03 PM

Default Re: finishing up swap NEED INFO ASAP (REEMB18C1)

i got the radiator hoses from the GSR, the hose i'm talking about is a water hose or something in the back, it comes outta the firewall and connects under the intake mani, i got a connector and some more tubing that will work for now but i don't know
Old 07-07-2005, 12:13 PM
TSPeed Factory

connect that hose in the back, it goes to your heater core. also, don't forget to bleed your coolant once you get it up and running.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: finishing up swap NEED INFO ASAP (AzntaggeR)

full b18c swap into EG

http://www.c-speedracing.com/h...p.php
Old 07-07-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Re: finishing up swap NEED INFO ASAP (jdmsiR20)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmsiR20 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">full b18c swap into EG

http://www.c-speedracing.com/h...p.php</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i've looked at that one before, i'm using some connector pieces and hose clamps to get the back hose to work
Old 07-09-2005, 11:38 AM

ok well i got it in and it runs w/o any CELs but there's a few problem areas....

first i have no speedometer, so i'll just try pullin out the VSS and puttin it back and see what happens..

second there's a small winny noise that comes from my tranny i think when i get going some, not in 1st gear but from 2nd on it usually wines some under a little bit of acceleration

third the idle is kinda wild, it jumps close to 2k at start and at normally operating temp it's still around 1,100 but it jumps up and down some so i'm thinkin i need to clean my fast idle valve, i'm using the stock civic throttle cable right now if that matters at all. also could the idle adjustment screw on the throttle body affect the idle enough to lower it like 400 rpms or so?

any help is appreciated a lot... thanks
Old 07-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if you get a gsr throttle cable. i have the bracket to secure it down if your interested. its brand new from honda.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you are using the stock thorttle cable you basically have to take the thorttle cable mount from the stock sohc, and just ***** rig it on there...

and yes the fuel line will be tight
Old 07-09-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Re: (mugenhatch92)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugenhatch92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you are using the stock thorttle cable you basically have to take the thorttle cable mount from the stock sohc, and just ***** rig it on there...

and yes the fuel line will be tight </TD></TR></TABLE>

yes, the throttle cable is ***** rigged on there and it works fine, but the idle is a little high i'm thinkin, at normal operating temp aren't most manuals around 700 rpms or so? cause i'm around 1100 - 1400 or so, it bounces back and forth but i think that's due to the fast idle valve or IACV? any imput on this from anyone?
Old 07-09-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: (j0nptw)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by j0nptw &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes, the throttle cable is ***** rigged on there and it works fine, but the idle is a little high i'm thinkin, at normal operating temp aren't most manuals around 700 rpms or so? cause i'm around 1100 - 1400 or so, it bounces back and forth but i think that's due to the fast idle valve or IACV? any imput on this from anyone?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No CEL's??
Old 07-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i mean my GSR did that for a long time, and for the longest time, i had two plugs backwards
Old 07-10-2005, 10:03 AM

Default Re: (mugenhatch92)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Above6K &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No CEL's??
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have no CEL's

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugenhatch92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i mean my GSR did that for a long time, and for the longest time, i had two plugs backwards</TD></TR></TABLE>

2 of the spark plug wires were switched around?
Old 07-13-2005, 10:30 PM

Default Re: (j0nptw)

ok the speedometer is fixed

i took the FITV off and made sure the little white disc thing was all the way in and i cleaned it with carb cleaner and i cleaned the IACV with carb cleaner and i adjusted the TPS.

the problem is that my idle sticks way up there, when you turn it over it still kinda bounces some but only a couple houdred and not for very long, but then when i start driving and i push in the clutch it sits way up at like 2300 rpms....??? anyone help me with this?
Old 07-14-2005, 12:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by j0nptw &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
second there's a small winny noise that comes from my tranny i think when i get going some, not in 1st gear but from 2nd on it usually wines some under a little bit of acceleration
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, thats the infamous gsr whistle. It has something to do with the design of the intake manifold. I dont think anybody on here has pinpointed the cause of this whistle yet. But yea, it only happens at about 10% throttle.

-james
Old 07-14-2005, 12:28 AM

you could have an air leak some were or the FIACV needs to be screwed in. My thottle body was sticking open just a little and that caused my car to not ideal right. If it's not one of those then it could be an air leak at the intake manfold, to find out sprey some card cleanner over the intake manfold gasket. good luck

Old 07-16-2005, 09:02 PM

Default Re: finishing up swap NEED INFO ASAP (lsr12si)

i don't think it's my intake whining, i just don't think that it would make that much noise, it only does it when it's in gear, not in neutral, i just put in a stage 1 clutch and lightened flywheel as i was dropping it in. is there anyway that the tranny would whine if there wasn't quite enough tranny fluid in it? i filled it until it leaked outta the fill hole so i'm sure that's fine. i've heard there's some bearing inside of the tranny on the main shaft i think it was that some people said it would whine when it needed to get replaced or something? i could be mistaken but i'm not sure. i just know that there's a fat whiny noise when i get up to speed and it doesn't happen unless i am in a gear and over like 15 mph or so.

tonight i took it for a little drive to see how it was doin, but before i left i checked coolant levels and it was a little low so i filled it and when i turned it over it idled at like 1500.. so i was like.. hmm... good... and then i started driving and when i pushed in the clutch it did the whole bounce back and forth from 1k to 2k, not sure why it would do this after it warmed up and not when it was cold like it normally does? but then after a little more driving every once in awhile when i pushed in the clutch it would shoot up and idle at 2300 again.... it's pretty frustrating...

the thing that really sucks is the closest honda dealership is 60 miles away and they have some people there that acted like they had no clue honda and acura were practically the same. and the closest acura dealership is probly a 2 1/2 hour drive but i'm not even sure on that. so any help that i could get would be nice. thanks in advance to anyone
Old 07-19-2005, 11:16 AM

anyone have another opinion on the tranny whine?
Old 07-19-2005, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im going thru the same idle problem on my 97 civic w/ 99 jdm gsr in it. i think the t-body gasket may be leaking air and causing the idle surge.....infamous on hondas.....ordered a new gasket today and going to see if that fixes it. i sprayed carb cleaner around it and the idle did calm down but then started back up after it burned up. try that for the idle and see if it helps.

as far as the tranny whine..... i dunno....i know my skunk2 mani whistles at mid throttle...
Old 07-20-2005, 12:13 PM

Default Re: finishing up swap NEED INFO ASAP (hybridej7)

^^^^^

ok, post what happens after you replace your gasket and tell if that does anything. i'm going to check the tps again today.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea, im waiting for the gasket to get here....hopefully before the weekend....
Old 07-21-2005, 12:38 PM

Default Re: finishing up swap NEED INFO ASAP (hybridej7)

i dunno what happened exactly but my idle is fixed, i just took the IACV off again and cleaned it again and hooked it back up and then reset the TPS and now it's golden... hopefully your gasket solves your problem tho
Old 07-21-2005, 12:39 PM

Quick Reply: finishing up swap NEED INFO ASAP (b18c into 94' EX)