Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Finished my swap. Thanks H-T for all pf the help. Yea.....

Old 04-18-2005, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finished my swap. Thanks H-T for all pf the help. Yea.....

It is done, and I am thrilled. I have finished swapping a b18b1 engine/ gsr transmission in my 95 civic dx. I have posted my swap... but photobucket.com, yhea they want money from me to keep the pics up, oh well, sorry no pics.
Here is the run down of the final day.

Final day

I recieved the rear bracket at 4:32 pm. I had it in by 6:00, kinda a bitch. Had to remove the downpipe, heater core hoses and valve, yea.. kinda a bitch. But yea. By the time I got the bracket, I had the car looking mint.

I woke up at 8:30. I jacked the car up and made a "makeshift" exhaust out of a 2 dollar autozone exhaust extender and a couple of clamps. Still a bit raspley but should hold me over till I get a high flow cat. I then went to autozone and advanced to return a million things that I had laying around that didn't get used (belts and seals). I got enough money back to put toward and actually afford my new tires. I went to Townfair Tire, and what a wonderful place__NOT. I told the manager-looking guy there that My car only had two mounts holding that engine in, and to be very very carfull when bringing it in and out of the garage.
The car went in and I followed. I watched while sitting on a near by curb, them allighn my car and throw those UNDER-RATED geostar tires on. I watch as the finish and torque down the wheel nuts. Then, this black fellow steps in my car. He starts it up and starts reving it. I was thinking to my self "who does this guy think he is, does he know I am here?" He backs out of the garage slowly, reving the **** out of the motor burning my BRAND NEW clutch to hell! Now I stood up only in time to cringe at the unthinkable act of this *******. He got it going pretty good in reverse, dumps it in first at a hefty role and lets the clutch out "fierce." The wheels chirp, and a very unsettleing "THUMP" comes from the engine bay. He takes off, driving as if he owns the thing, burnig my clutch even more as he shifts to second gear. He drives to the front of the building and parks the car. The wise guy even used teh F$%^ blinker to pull into the space! I walk up, knock on my window. He gets out, "can I help you?" I said "yea, This is my car, and I hope you have a good excuse for how you just handled it." I dont even know where I went off, but moments later, I was screaming at the top of my lounges at this fool. He was getting back in my face, so I went in and talked to the manager. He was in the same Idiotic catagory as this black dude. I just left. I paid my 168.92 and got the F%#$ out of that place, never to return.... But now i have to, they kinda made my allighnment , well allighned with whatever is to my immediate left. Whatever, I have the reciept, Im going back, and this time, with a bad attitude.

Well anyways, After I got al situated with that, I went ahead and finished some of things I wanted to do. I vaccumed, I washed, I waxed, I hung a scented tree from my mirror. I got inder my car, Torgued down everything, threw some cotter pins in a few placed, Put the little knotch in my hub nuts.

It rides better than great. I love the torque. Highway is wonderfull. I remember in the dx, I had to downshift to 4th gear to get over tiny hills. Now, I just glide over them without even thinking about it. The car pull very nice. The gears are very optimal and spaced to my liking. A small downshift on the high way really brings the car to a decent speed, quick. Between the old z6 engine and this, wow... Night and day. Whole new ball league. I got on it once for an rsx-s....yea, those are kinda fast, but less that 2 car lengths on me. I was happy.

Ok, well, Just wanted to thank everyone on H-T for all their help. I couldn't have done it with out these people, well, at least not in the amount of time It took me. I will keep posting with any "worthy" updates on the car. Part two, turbo charging... coming soon.

Thanks
Old 04-18-2005, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Finished my swap. Thanks H-T for all pf the help. Yea..... (Jwbetley)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jwbetley &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ok, well, Just wanted to thank everyone on H-T for all their help. I couldn't have done it with out these people, well, at least not in the amount of time It took me. I will keep posting with any "worthy" updates on the car. Part two, turbo charging... coming soon.

Thanks </TD></TR></TABLE>

Sucks about the manhandling on the car you got.. Good to hear its done and your happy though.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Finished my swap. Thanks H-T for all pf the help. Yea..... (Jwbetley)

Glad you got her done. Mines halfway there and I can't wait. Hopefully it'll be a go this weekend. How you got help from these HT people is beyond me but all I gotta say is thank god for others searching that found useful info elsewhere.

Way to go, enjoy!
Old 04-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good **** dood...**** those doods that were ******* with your car...i would have been ******* pissed,,,and if the manager was any kind of business person he would have gotten in the employees face...i would have told those ******* to **** off and just lost my business
Old 04-18-2005, 11:47 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Yea man, I work at Pep Boys, and even there, I see that **** all of the time. Just don't sip their Haterade, man. Enjoy the tq the b18 brings.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:31 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Finished my swap. Thanks H-T for all pf the help. Yea..... (jeef84)

An HT success story! Congrats man!