Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

finished h22 swap today, already for sale, disapointed

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finished h22 swap today, already for sale, disapointed

ok about 2 weeks ago i posted my h22 swap that i was putting into my ek, i just finished it today. what a waste of time. car has perfect compression and tranny is smooth, no axle binding but what a pathetic waste of time. i posted the car on craigslist already for 5250.00 everyone put the h22 on such a high pedistool but i beg to differ, for the last 2 years i have been running ls/vtecs at the track and then a boosted ls/vtec. everyone said that the h22 will put me in the 13's. i cant see the car running 15's. unless its just me, i have no check engine lights, timing is perfect, engine is quiet and perfect compression. and that thing is pathetic. i feel like ive wasted 2 months i want to drive it into a wall! h22=
Old 02-01-2008, 02:54 PM

Default Re: finished h22 swap today, already for sale, disapointed (boosted92hatch)

Coming from a boosted LS/Vtec I could see it feeling slow, but damn, it should still pull decently.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

WTF?????!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (yekah)

wow man that sux, r u pulling a semi behind the car? or it could just b that its a honda............
Old 02-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Ditto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: finished h22 swap today, already for sale, disapointed (boosted92hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted92hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok about 2 weeks ago i posted my h22 swap that i was putting into my ek, i just finished it today. what a waste of time. car has perfect compression and tranny is smooth, no axle binding but what a pathetic waste of time. i posted the car on craigslist already for 5250.00 everyone put the h22 on such a high pedistool but i beg to differ, for the last 2 years i have been running ls/vtecs at the track and then a boosted ls/vtec. everyone said that the h22 will put me in the 13's. i cant see the car running 15's. unless its just me, i have no check engine lights, timing is perfect, engine is quiet and perfect compression. and that thing is pathetic. i feel like ive wasted 2 months i want to drive it into a wall! h22= </TD></TR></TABLE>

Something is seriously wrong with your setup, or you, because the H22A is easily capable of 13's in a Civic. I'm on my 2nd H22 Civic.

What kind of "EK" are you?
Old 02-01-2008, 03:22 PM

H2B convert that bitch!
Old 02-01-2008, 04:49 PM

Default Re: (JDM_CRX_PLEASE)

a hatchback, ej6. everything checks out. compression, timing, everything, its just a dog. i want to get it tuned, maybe it will help
Old 02-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted92hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok about 2 weeks ago i posted my h22 swap that i was putting into my ek, i just finished it today. what a waste of time. car has perfect compression and tranny is smooth, no axle binding but what a pathetic waste of time. i posted the car on craigslist already for 5250.00 everyone put the h22 on such a high pedistool but i beg to differ, for the last 2 years i have been running ls/vtecs at the track and then a boosted ls/vtec. everyone said that the h22 will put me in the 13's. i cant see the car running 15's. unless its just me, i have no check engine lights, timing is perfect, engine is quiet and perfect compression. and that thing is pathetic. i feel like ive wasted 2 months i want to drive it into a wall! h22= </TD></TR></TABLE>

Dude how dare you diss on the H like that. You're on crack if you think a stock LSV is gonna pull on a stock H series. I used to **** on LSV's all the time with my H series in a 97 coupe. You did something wrong for sure
Old 02-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Maybe you just need the ryt ecu for the job.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:00 PM

Default Re: finished h22 swap today, already for sale, disapointed (h-duced)

well im telling u my ls/vtec would not have gotten **** on by no all motor h and to me it is pathetic, im bout to trade this crap for a gsr swap
Old 02-01-2008, 07:04 PM

I can't seem to fathom how you would give the H22 such a bad review in a CIVIC, if everything was working properly. Could it possibly be, you just set the bar to high for a stock motor n/a motor? After driving boost, you have to bring yourself back and re-evaluate the situation. With this being said, stock H-series will feel nothing like boosted Ls/Vtec, but it should still pull quite decently and not be compared to "driving into a brick wall". I don't really know why this thread was even posted to tell you the truth...
Old 02-01-2008, 07:12 PM

Default Re: (.PLUMMM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .PLUMMM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I can't seem to fathom how you would give the H22 such a bad review in a CIVIC, if everything was working properly. Could it possibly be, you just set the bar to high for a stock motor n/a motor? After driving boost, you have to bring yourself back and re-evaluate the situation. With this being said, stock H-series will feel nothing like boosted Ls/Vtec, but it should still pull quite decently and not be compared to "driving into a brick wall". I don't really know why this thread was even posted to tell you the truth...</TD></TR></TABLE>

dude your probably right! i am gonna give it a chance and if not satisfeid then ilkl just boost it, i think it may be the fact that i been rideing a street bike for the last year, wich makes everything feel slow. but i posted it cause i am soo disapointed, frustrated, ya know
Old 02-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (boosted92hatch)

it's the gears.. my cousin has an h22 swap with b16 tranny...get the b16 tranny
Old 02-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dApEkLuV)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dApEkLuV &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it's the gears.. my cousin has an h22 swap with b16 tranny...get the b16 tranny</TD></TR></TABLE>

that would be wise...but then you have to get the h2b adapter...its like $1200.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:52 PM

Default Re: (slo_hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slo_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

that would be wise...but then you have to get the h2b adapter...its like $1200. </TD></TR></TABLE>

not really worth it, just use that $1200 towards building the motor, then boost it
Old 02-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont kno...my buddy had a h22a in a 95 civic hatch, had I.H.E and WEBB cams...Ran rediculously fast, it was also on a chipped P13...should easily....easily be capable of 13's in the 1/4, on a good tire and driver high 12's "i've seen it done"
Old 02-02-2008, 01:20 PM

Default Re: (2literCR-X)

yea I think you need to look over what YOU did, before you start ******* on the H
why is it everyone BUT you is fine with it? must be your problem.
and 15s?????? ahhahahah I ran a 13.8 with my lightly modded h22 ek hatch.

go check your work before you rant about the motor itself
Old 02-02-2008, 01:44 PM

Default Re: (h22ek9forme)

i figured it out, the a-hole who chipped my p28 did a horeinds horrible job, i went to my freinds house and we had a dude come over witha h22 running of a virgin p72. i plugged it in my car and i can say that the h is definitly the best engine ive ever had. all motor it pulls hard as hell. so now i need a ecu. does anyone know if i use a p13 do i have to plug up the egr. will it mess with the performance. i dont care about a cel light, just performance
Old 02-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

And this is tech related how?

Old 02-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Ditto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted92hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a hatchback, ej6. everything checks out. compression, timing, everything, its just a dog. i want to get it tuned, maybe it will help</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, something is wrong. The H22A is a powerful motor.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted92hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well im telling u my ls/vtec would not have gotten **** on by no all motor h and to me it is pathetic, im bout to trade this crap for a gsr swap</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're dumb.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slo_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

that would be wise...but then you have to get the h2b adapter...its like $1200. </TD></TR></TABLE>

It costs less than that.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h22ek9forme &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea I think you need to look over what YOU did, before you start ******* on the H
why is it everyone BUT you is fine with it? must be your problem.
and 15s?????? ahhahahah I ran a 13.8 with my lightly modded h22 ek hatch.

go check your work before you rant about the motor itself</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha, thats what I'm saying.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted92hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i figured it out, the a-hole who chipped my p28 did a horeinds horrible job, i went to my freinds house and we had a dude come over witha h22 running of a virgin p72. i plugged it in my car and i can say that the h is definitly the best engine ive ever had. all motor it pulls hard as hell. so now i need a ecu. does anyone know if i use a p13 do i have to plug up the egr. will it mess with the performance. i dont care about a cel light, just performance</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahahaha, man o man.... I hope you feel stupid for making this thread. Glad you fixed it though. H22 FTW!
Old 02-02-2008, 09:10 PM

Default Re: (RotiEatter)

and i hope u feel stupid for talking alot but not saying ****, what a loser
Old 02-02-2008, 10:02 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted92hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and i hope u feel stupid for talking alot but not saying ****, what a loser</TD></TR></TABLE>

who should feel stupid? dude your a god damn idiot! read your stupid *** posts, your completly shiting on a h22, and saying an ls/vtec can even stand a chance against it. boosted, fine. but all motor, your a moron. the displacement alone should tell you something. your just an idiot who did the swap wrong, then your going to come in here and start **** with someone. go ahead crash your toilet into a wall, just do us a favor and dont wear your seatbelt.

its a well known fact that a stock h22 in a hatch will get you well into the 13's. an lsv? i think not.

Landon
Old 02-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you can run a p13, you dont have to wire up egr, no egr will not put the car in limp mode, i have an h2b right now and my egr isnt hooked up, and the car pulls great, but everything else has to be running, which means if you dont already u need to wire up a knock
Old 02-03-2008, 02:40 PM

Default Re: (Dr. *****)

I ran a p13 on mine, but I had no knock sensor, it ran greta minus no vtec,
I also didnt run a egr,
I got a jdm p30, and chipped it (from phearable GREAT chip!)
and being jdm it doesntsearch for a egr, disabled the knock, temp, ect. ect.
the car runs amazing ( as I posted before 13.8 )
Old 02-03-2008, 02:42 PM

Default Re: (boosted_dc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted_dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

who should feel stupid? dude your a god damn idiot! read your stupid *** posts, your completly shiting on a h22, and saying an ls/vtec can even stand a chance against it. boosted, fine. but all motor, your a moron. the displacement alone should tell you something. your just an idiot who did the swap wrong, then your going to come in here and start **** with someone. go ahead crash your toilet into a wall, just do us a favor and dont wear your seatbelt.

its a well known fact that a stock h22 in a hatch will get you well into the 13's. an lsv? i think not.

Landon</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea seriously,
you are sooo quick to just think the motor is a turd,
when EVERYONE with a H thinks the exact oposite of you.
thats obvious that you have a problem.
seems like your kinda stupid to me...

Quick Reply: finished h22 swap today, already for sale, disapointed