Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Finally...

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 03:59 PM
egizzle8

Default Finally...

I've had this turbo kit since last spring but never put it on. Well I finally bit the bullet and with it being so nice out today in WI I decided to put it on. The kit consisted of a wrx turbo connected to a hf mani and dsm smic and vortech fmu. Pretty simple for now just to get started. But I started at 10 am and finished at 6pm. Okay, so first test drive I cruise down the street and pull into the gas station at the end of the street and didn't feel any different. What hell. Pop the hood and check to see whats up. Hah hah. The charge pipe blow off the throttle body. Okay second run. Feels better but still don't feel as fast as it should be. Pull it back into the garage and check everything out again. **** I crushed the side of the actuator on the lower front driver side engine mount. I couldn't barely open the wastegate. Well I guess it's time to go hit up the Subaru dealership and pick up another actuator. It's nice spinning them while shifting into 3rd but then bogs kinda. Well the funs begins with tuning the thing now. Just incase it blows I always got the d15b I just picked up that I was intended for a N/A setup. I'll post some pics tomorrow of my ghetto setup. Power to the homemade turbo!
Old 02-29-2004, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Finally... (egizzle6)

good **** man but why'd you wait so long? last spring? what did you do all summer? good luck getting it all working and tuned
Old 02-29-2004, 05:26 PM
egizzle8

Default Re: Finally... (Jonas99)

I couldn't afford any downtime with my car and I drove 70 mile round trip to work everyday and now work closer and it's alittle easier to put on the eg than the ef cause the eg doesn't have that front tranny mount in the way for the downpipe. Someone hook me up with a wrx actuator so I can get the whole package from this turbo. God I'm retarded!
Old 02-29-2004, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Finally... (egizzle6)

the onyl reason your retarded is for waitin that long to put it on while it collected dust i coulda enjoyed the power on my eg