Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

FET quick release ...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FET quick release ...

hmmm... i wasnt sure exactly where i should've posted this. but eh, whateva.

has anyone here ever experienced or have the FET quick release?

if you've ever experienced one or own one, how do you like them?

dislikes?

thanks.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FET quick release ... (diLLy :])

bump.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:31 PM

Default Re: FET quick release ... (diLLy :])

i have FET and i like it. ONly problem i have is the button that locks it in place broke but you dont really need it
Old 07-18-2007, 12:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

FET makes pretty good parts, though for the price i'd go with a NRG setup.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bmoua)

thanks for the replies.

the reason why i want to go for the FET is because its a short quick release, and i dont want to bother to buy a short hub and buy a regular quick release when i can save my momo hub and buy a short quick release.

i am aware that NRG makes a short quick release as well... or at least thats what i think. haha. i've heard that NRG is pretty heavy too.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (diLLy :])

anyone else?
Old 07-19-2007, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one, I wouldnt buy it again if i needed it to.

I believe b/c I bought the momo Hub, fet qr used. and the threads on the hub were all Stripped. I eventually used a bolt and a nut to tighted it down.

The problem I had w/ the quick release was that when I tightened it down to the hub, For some reason the detachable part that connects to the steering wheel doesnt snug all the way in the quick release, so i had to grind down some metal. TOOOk me a while to figure **** out. I messed up my wrist b/c i couldnt tight down the lock, you know the swivel part, b/c it was too tight.

But I am happy with it.

If you have the money I would get the works bell, my man has it on his evo. Its not just "cool lookin" but when you can put the wheel on any dirrection, and it will correct its self.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (h8ted ek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h8ted ek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have one, I wouldnt buy it again if i needed it to.

I believe b/c I bought the momo Hub, fet qr used. and the threads on the hub were all Stripped. I eventually used a bolt and a nut to tighted it down.

The problem I had w/ the quick release was that when I tightened it down to the hub, For some reason the detachable part that connects to the steering wheel doesnt snug all the way in the quick release, so i had to grind down some metal. TOOOk me a while to figure **** out. I messed up my wrist b/c i couldnt tight down the lock, you know the swivel part, b/c it was too tight.

But I am happy with it.

If you have the money I would get the works bell, my man has it on his evo. Its not just "cool lookin" but when you can put the wheel on any dirrection, and it will correct its self.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks for the good info. helped a lot.

when you said that it didnt snug in all the way, do you mean it has some play in it? if yes, is it a lot or a little?

the works bell one is awesome, but the thing is i want a short quick release. thats pretty cool that the works bell will correct itself when put on in any direction, very cool. i never knew that.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by diLLy : &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">]

when you said that it didnt snug in all the way, do you mean it has some play in it? if yes, is it a lot or a little?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

what i mean is that, The FET QR has two parts right, one part bolted up the hub and the other bolted up to the steering wheel.

Well, when i bolted up and had it aligned and wat not. when i tried to put the steering wheel on, It seemed like it didnt fit/snug itself in all the way into the quick release. and when i tried to turn the swivel lock/unlock the qr to the steering wheel it was Hard as HECK, wouldnt budge at all. dont remember what i used but when i got the swivel to lock the steering wheel, it really stripped out the threads on the hub and at it messed up wrist. and lol, the qr that connects to the hub was loose now. so wtf.

later I took some time and did it right, nut and bolt the qr and hub together since its all stripped on the hub, and grind the inside of the detachable part of the QR thats together with the steering wheel. so now it goes in and out easily. so it all came down to that cuz i wanted to save some money. it was worth it, i hate paying the asking price, i wished i done that from the beginning.

by the way i will price it out for you.

fet 70
momo hub 30
nardi steering 60
Old 07-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ahhh...

i get what you're saying now.

thanks for the offer, but i dont need an extra hub and wheel. i've already got a momo hub and a sparco wheel. just need a neat quick release.

Old 07-28-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: (bmoua)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bmoua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">FET makes pretty good parts, though for the price i'd go with a NRG setup.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have the FET QR on two of my cars. one broke so switching to Works Bell (Splash) QR. FET is discontinued. They were made by Works Bell. Now they have a different QR. IMO, NRG isn't that good. Tried it out on a few cars and there is significant play. I'm not saying that NRG is junk, just saying that if you want quality, don't go NRG.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Sicarius82)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sicarius82 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I have the FET QR on two of my cars. one broke so switching to Works Bell (Splash) QR. FET is discontinued. They were made by Works Bell. Now they have a different QR. IMO, NRG isn't that good. Tried it out on a few cars and there is significant play. I'm not saying that NRG is junk, just saying that if you want quality, don't go NRG.</TD></TR></TABLE>

my uncle is running the NRG hub,2.5 quick release w/lock. I drove it and it feels pretty nice, there was no play what so ever.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Sicarius82)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sicarius82 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I have the FET QR on two of my cars. one broke so switching to Works Bell (Splash) QR. FET is discontinued. They were made by Works Bell. Now they have a different QR. IMO, NRG isn't that good. Tried it out on a few cars and there is significant play. I'm not saying that NRG is junk, just saying that if you want quality, don't go NRG.</TD></TR></TABLE>

how long did you have the FET before it broke?
Old 08-24-2007, 06:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h8ted ek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have one, I wouldnt buy it again if i needed it to.

But I am happy with it.

If you have the money I would get the works bell, my man has it on his evo. Its not just "cool lookin" but when you can put the wheel on any dirrection, and it will correct its self.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Guess you had a defective FET adapter. I owned 5 sets of FET's and the only problem those have is in the beginning, these are hard to lock since the rubber stoppers need to be broken in.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Evo Dan)

any one want to sell the fet qr?