Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

fastest swap time

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fastest swap time

Who has the fastest swap time from removing the motor to placing the new motor in in working condition. State how long it took you,how many guys it took and how you did it.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:28 AM

Default Re: fastest swap time (rocco)

Took me about 20min to swap out the motor in my little cousins big wheel, made some mods and them swapped if back in.

Just one person, But he did get me a glass of water and a sandwich
Old 11-26-2003, 08:31 AM

Default Re: fastest swap time (Blacklightning)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Blacklightning &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Took me about 20min to swap out the motor in my little cousins big wheel, made some mods and them swapped if back in.

Just one person, But he did get me a glass of water and a sandwich </TD></TR></TABLE>hahahah get back to work walter
Old 11-26-2003, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

took 3 of us about 5 hours to swap/bolt/trouble shoot 2 motors from 2 cars and then swap them into the other viceverca car. we had the swap in and out pretty quick, it was just the trouble shooting that was long
Old 11-26-2003, 08:46 AM

Default Re: fastest swap time (pennies_hatchie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pennies_hatchie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">took 3 of us about 5 hours to swap/bolt/trouble shoot 2 motors from 2 cars and then swap them into the other viceverca car. we had the swap in and out pretty quick, it was just the trouble shooting that was long</TD></TR></TABLE>what kinda problems did u run into with your troubleshooting?
Old 11-26-2003, 08:49 AM

if you ignore the time that the car was ignored during the swap then it was probably about 6 hours total

old engine out was probably about an hour
swapping the wiring harness from old engine to new engine 3 hours (I'm slow)
puting the new engine back in and getting everything hooked up and running was about 2 hours
but the whole process took almost 2 weeks cause it wasn't a high priority
Old 11-26-2003, 08:51 AM

Default Re: fastest swap time (seannabend)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by seannabend &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you ignore the time that the car was ignored during the swap then it was probably about 6 hours total

old engine out was probably about an hour
swapping the wiring harness from old engine to new engine 3 hours (I'm slow)
puting the new engine back in and getting everything hooked up and running was about 2 hours
but the whole process took almost 2 weeks cause it wasn't a high priority</TD></TR></TABLE>you did this by yourself?
Old 11-26-2003, 08:52 AM

about 10 hours from running to running d16z6 to b18c1 swap. would have gone a lot quicker but i was doing it myself and had to wait on my frined to help me drop the new motor in and mount it up.

i bet i could do one in about 4-5 hours if i had one other person who knew what they were doing to help out.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I pulled 2 motors and installed one in less than 24 hours. I started at 5:00pm in the afternoon on Saturday, Finished Sunday at 3:00pm. I had to go to sleep otherwise it would have been faster.
Old 11-26-2003, 09:05 AM

bump
Old 11-26-2003, 09:09 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Chris Miller - NRG Tech - Deer Park LI, - 23 Minutes with no cutting, to pull a GSR.

Thats Fast, and no joke!
Old 11-26-2003, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

auto to manual swap EXACTLY= 6 days 4 hours 21 minutes

this is a PAIN if you do not know how to do it
Old 11-26-2003, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

IF you have everything you think you will need and the tools, a swap can go by super quick. I havent swapped a Honda....yet but I swapped my 240sx with an RB20. It took me and a friedn about 23 hours spread over 3 days and that was some serious slacking too. We goofed off, took hella long breaks and I photographed alot of it. We had both motors pulled in 4 hours. I would venture to say that if you are prepared, a swap can be done in a weekend. With alot of slacking in between.
Old 11-26-2003, 09:17 AM

Default Re: fastest swap time (NoLimitMotorsports)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NoLimitMotorsports &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Chris Miller - NRG Tech - Deer Park LI, - 23 Minutes with no cutting, to pull a GSR.

Thats Fast, and no joke!</TD></TR></TABLE>that everything,pullin/dropping the motor.i wouldnt be surprise if that time is the fastest in the world
Old 11-26-2003, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If I remember correctly on one of the import shows on Spike TV they pulled a motor and swapped a new one in in like 4 hours or something like that. Of course that was a crew of guys who had done it quite a bit before, but still..that's fast.
Old 11-26-2003, 09:47 AM

Default Re: fastest swap time (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If I remember correctly on one of the import shows on Spike TV they pulled a motor and swapped a new one in in like 4 hours or something like that. Of course that was a crew of guys who had done it quite a bit before, but still..that's fast.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Was this the Dudes from Pann Auto in San Diego? If I remember correctly they brought a stock civic to a car show and put together a Show and Go car during the car show.
Old 11-26-2003, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

a friend of mine pulled a blown b16 from a 88 civic hatch and put a new one in in 45 min. Thats from start to finish with the car running afterwards. Keep in mind that this was the fourth time puting a motor in this car.He tends to be hard on his cars and he uses lots of nitrous
Old 11-26-2003, 10:09 AM

Default Re: (second edition)

I watched Peter Cunningham's team at Real Time racing swap B18c5's in his ITR in 58 mins flat. Of course it was only the shortblock, not the whole swap, but that's pretty quick in my book.
Old 11-26-2003, 10:11 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by second edition &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a friend of mine pulled a blown b16 from a 88 civic hatch and put a new one in in 45 min. Thats from start to finish with the car running afterwards. Keep in mind that this was the fourth time puting a motor in this car.He tends to be hard on his cars and he uses lots of nitrous</TD></TR></TABLE>**** that sounds insanely fast
Old 11-26-2003, 10:12 AM

Default Re: (BMac86)

chad can chime in any time with his current record

my record is about 4 hours for two of us
Old 11-26-2003, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I pulled the b16a1 out of my 91 civic hb in 47 mins! By myself! That was running to the motor sitting on the ground! Fluid everywhere!
Old 11-26-2003, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by second edition &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a friend of mine pulled a blown b16 from a 88 civic hatch and put a new one in in 45 min. Thats from start to finish with the car running afterwards. Keep in mind that this was the fourth time puting a motor in this car.He tends to be hard on his cars and he uses lots of nitrous</TD></TR></TABLE>
I don't believe this! Maybe taking it out, but not putting a new one in! Thats ridiculas~,
Old 11-26-2003, 10:18 AM

Default Re: (mattssi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mattssi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I don't believe this! Maybe taking it out, but not putting a new one in! Thats ridiculas~, </TD></TR></TABLE>your spelling is ridiculous
Old 11-26-2003, 10:21 AM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: fastest swap time (mattssi)

Gravedigger's car: drove in garage with D16, drove out with B16 in like 4 hours. That was with us messin around and me going outside every 20 minutes to check on my dog

My car: pull d16, swap out bottom ends, flywheel, clutch, botom end gasket set, everything to a new short block, 4.5 hours on the ground running

2 cars: B16 out of my car, D16Z6 out of another car+ turbo kit+new clutch in, both cars running and leaving....5 hours from the time the first car pulled in.

Me and one friend pulled an engine in 40 minutes a few weeks ago. NO fluids on the ground, NO fluids on ourselves, and my garage looked just as clean afterward

And this is a little one car garage

yes, this roomy place

Old 11-26-2003, 10:24 AM

Default Re: fastest swap time (Emerika)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Emerika &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Gravedigger's car: drove in garage with D16, drove out with B16 in like 4 hours. That was with us messin around and me going outside every 20 minutes to check on my dog

My car: pull d16, swap out bottom ends, flywheel, clutch, botom end gasket set, everything to a new short block, 4.5 hours on the ground running

2 cars: B16 out of my car, D16Z6 out of another car+ turbo kit+new clutch in, both cars running and leaving....5 hours from the time the first car pulled in.

Me and one friend pulled an engine in 40 minutes a few weeks ago. NO fluids on the ground, NO fluids on ourselves, and my garage looked just as clean afterward

And this is a little one car garage

yes, this roomy place

</TD></TR></TABLE>nice,thats pretty good man,is there stairs in your garage cause i am boggled on how you took that pic

Quick Reply: fastest swap time