Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

FAQ: Integra Dash Into EG

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i got it in, kindof... its bolted on with one screw, my cluster lights up, the high beam light works, and thats it.. i think? the turn signals dont. and my car isn't running so i dont know if the rpms and speedo work. the clock works, i half to cut part of the steering colum underneath the airbag so it can sit right, um... headunit works and other than that, i cant get it to sit far back enough so i can put a screw behind the clock... more fabricating, work, frustration... seems like its going to be worth it. i will take pix when done. =/
Old 05-05-2005, 01:55 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (ner0x)

Post Pics.!!
Old 05-05-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Re: FAQ: Integra Dash Into EG (litterbox)

Lots of info, good job.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry. i'll have pictures up as soon as i get the hazard and defrost buttons. someone broke all the windows on my car. http://www.crave-host.net/ner0x/bitch/ so i've been dealing with that. i'll have em' up soon though
Old 05-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this is exactly what i needed. good info man.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:15 PM

my ******* dash doesnt line up wtf. cut a **** load of the plastic behind the gauge cluster and even tried to put it in with no mounting bracket and steering colomn on driver side...it has a big *** gap like 2 inches wtF ! the passenger lines up perfect. what the hellllll
Old 05-09-2005, 06:29 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: (sadangryboi)

The dash will never line up perfectly or even close to perfect on the sides. Cut your dash to make it fit really snug on the top near the windshield. You really don't need the dash mount holes to line up, you don't even need to bolt it in there.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:13 AM

oh so the sides will look like ****? my passenger side looks stock but the drive has a big gap...should i even it out and have gaps on both sides??? soo frustrating!!!

also...my obd1 integra harness doesnt have a deep blue for srs! wth...

and the cable going into the engine bay radiator swivel does not move as much as the civic one did. what gives?

Modified by sadangryboi at 7:25 AM 5/10/2005
Old 05-10-2005, 06:32 AM

damn i thought it would fit at least close to perfect....its what looks like in ur pics...but now ilook at it, i see the big *** gap i have in ur pics.. that is nasty man...o well guess i got to deal with it.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

swap doesnt seem to hard
Old 05-13-2005, 08:02 AM

Default Re: FAQ: Integra Dash Into EG (93hondaboy)

NIce write up. to you
Old 05-13-2005, 08:41 AM

just depends if u can deal with the gap by the door it leaves or not. otherwise..pretty good info!
Old 05-15-2005, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sadangryboi)

Excellent write up. I just have a few simple questions

1) The climate control: are you saying that the civic harness plugs straight up with the integra climate control unit?
2) Simple question but its been bugging me..the defog on the FRONT windows. Is there an issue with making the vents line up to get it to work properly

i plan on doing this swap..i have already put in an integra cluster by hard wiring and it worked 100%..then i took it out for a VTi cluster..now im going for the whole dash...

other than that looks great
Old 05-15-2005, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GSRconvert)

OH and 1 more

the passenger Air Bag, i notice the integra dash you put in has one..so is there any problems lining up the civic airbag..or did yours not have one originally (if so i guess ill have to figure that out myself )
Old 05-15-2005, 04:53 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: (GSRconvert)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GSRconvert &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Excellent write up. I just have a few simple questions

1) The climate control: are you saying that the civic harness plugs straight up with the integra climate control unit?
2) Simple question but its been bugging me..the defog on the FRONT windows. Is there an issue with making the vents line up to get it to work properly

i plan on doing this swap..i have already put in an integra cluster by hard wiring and it worked 100%..then i took it out for a VTi cluster..now im going for the whole dash...

other than that looks great </TD></TR></TABLE>
1) The climate control is controlled by a separate harness. It does not connect to the underdash harness that runs your gauge cluster at all. You can use the civic climate control harness with the integra climate control, heater core and fan blower, all sensors except for one plug in. The one that doesn't plug in is for the ac. I don't have ac so I didn't bother. But to get it to work, all you'll need to do is splice the wires onto an integra plug because the plugs are different.
2)My vents line perfectly and my front defrost works fine. The air flow is not constricted or blocked by anything.

About the airbag, my dash came with the integra air bag installed. It fit fine.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:29 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: (litterbox)

Sadangryboi, what happened with yours? Did you get it in? Any problems that I can help with?
Old 05-19-2005, 12:10 PM

Default Re: (litterbox)

i found out it left a gap, everything was operational..didnt get why the heater cable thing didnt allow full extention like the civic one did. otherwise it was perfect. took it out and am selling it due to the fact it left gaps at the side

please pm me or check my posts for the thread on it forsale. very cheap

Modified by sadangryboi at 8:14 PM 5/19/2005
Old 05-29-2005, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CTU litterbox)

Good right up. Still don't like the idea of cutting the steering column support.

Do you have a "before" pic?
Old 05-30-2005, 11:22 PM

Default Re: FAQ: Integra Dash Into EG (CTU litterbox)

need some help please..... ok, i've done everything about the wiring part. everything works fine but the thing is that when i turn on my lights the hazards lights are on, it's not blinking but the lights are on dim, and when i turn the highbeams on, my rpm drops and doesn't work, but when the car is warmed up the rpm is fine. could it be the ground? oh yeah and about the signals, my don't work. HELP
Old 05-31-2005, 04:10 AM

Default Re: FAQ: Integra Dash Into EG (Sille98)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sille98 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">NIce write up. to you</TD></TR></TABLE>

can you guys that have completed the swap, can you post up pics of the gaps that you have the on the passenger side and the driver side. thanks in advance.

mine will be done soon, i have a problem, my radio doesnt come on and the lights to the radio only come on with the switch of the parking lights. i also used the entire wiring from my integra that i had. but im not done yet.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:45 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: FAQ: Integra Dash Into EG (emmy20000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrlegoman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Good right up. Still don't like the idea of cutting the steering column support.

Do you have a "before" pic?</TD></TR></TABLE>You don't need to cut the steering column brace at all actually. Just cut the plastic of the dash where it comes into contact with the column brace. Sorry, I don't have a pic.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:46 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: FAQ: Integra Dash Into EG (emmy20000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by emmy20000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">need some help please..... ok, i've done everything about the wiring part. everything works fine but the thing is that when i turn on my lights the hazards lights are on, it's not blinking but the lights are on dim, and when i turn the highbeams on, my rpm drops and doesn't work, but when the car is warmed up the rpm is fine. could it be the ground? oh yeah and about the signals, my don't work. HELP</TD></TR></TABLE>Did you tap your hazards to the YEL wire on the green plug by mistake?
Old 05-31-2005, 04:47 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: FAQ: Integra Dash Into EG (1993sir05)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1993sir05 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

can you guys that have completed the swap, can you post up pics of the gaps that you have the on the passenger side and the driver side. thanks in advance.

mine will be done soon, i have a problem, my radio doesnt come on and the lights to the radio only come on with the switch of the parking lights. i also used the entire wiring from my integra that i had. but im not done yet.</TD></TR></TABLE>Ya gimmie one sec.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:17 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1993sir05 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mine will be done soon, i have a problem, my radio doesnt come on and the lights to the radio only come on with the switch of the parking lights. i also used the entire wiring from my integra that i had. but im not done yet.</TD></TR></TABLE>There's definitely something wrong with your wiring. Also, your radio won't turn on if your underdash harness is not grounded.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:18 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Gap pics edited in my first post.

Quick Reply: FAQ: Integra Dash Into EG