Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

FAQ: Integra Dash Into EG

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: FAQ: Integra Dash Into EG (jr_istheman)

ooh thanks. but im in a bit of a dilemma, where litterbox said
"Now, to get your turn signals to work you will need to splice the YEL/BLK wire that was on the Integra grey plug, to the YEL wire on the big green plug. Here is a pic of mine, sorry, bad pic and I used like 3 wires to get the correct length: http://www.we-todd-did-racing....D.jpg"

i dont have a YEL/BLK wire on the grey plug, and i dont have a YEL wire on the green plug. i DO have a YEL/BLK wire on the green plug and a YEL wire on the grey plug.... what do i do?

im using the integra harness.

also... lol i have the extra wires:
RED/BLUE
BLUE/RED
LIME GREEN
YELLOW
but... i also have an extra WHT/BLUE wire.. ?

Modified by ner0x at 2:44 PM 4/18/2005
Old 04-18-2005, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FAQ: Integra Dash Into EG (ner0x)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ner0x &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ooh thanks. but im in a bit of a dilemma, where litterbox said
"Now, to get your turn signals to work you will need to splice the YEL/BLK wire that was on the Integra grey plug, to the YEL wire on the big green plug. Here is a pic of mine, sorry, bad pic and I used like 3 wires to get the correct length: http://www.we-todd-did-racing....D.jpg"

i dont have a YEL/BLK wire on the grey plug, and i dont have a YEL wire on the green plug. i DO have a YEL/BLK wire on the green plug and a YEL wire on the grey plug.... what do i do?

im using the integra harness.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Link didn't work.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FAQ: Integra Dash Into EG (BS 22)

try now..
Old 04-19-2005, 12:21 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ner0x &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont have a YEL/BLK wire on the grey plug, and i dont have a YEL wire on the green plug. i DO have a YEL/BLK wire on the green plug and a YEL wire on the grey plug.... what do i do?

im using the integra harness.

also... lol i have the extra wires:
RED/BLUE
BLUE/RED
LIME GREEN
YELLOW
but... i also have an extra WHT/BLUE wire.. ?
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Ok, you will have a yellow wire on the teg harness that would've gone to the teg gray plug. You're not gonna use it. You should also have a yel/blk wire that would've gone to the gray plug but since you cut it off, the wire is now loose. And you have to have a yel wire in the middle of the teg green plug. You have to. That's power to the entire gauge cluster. The power wire that's YEL that I'm talking about has no white dots on it. It might be a little bigger than the other wires. Find that wire and tap yel/blk to it. See what happens.

I forgot about the wht/blue wire, lemme go check my car.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FAQ: Integra Dash Into EG (litterbox)

good job shitbox...I mean litterbox!!
Old 04-19-2005, 03:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok, you will have a yellow wire on the teg harness that would've gone to the teg gray plug. You're not gonna use it. You should also have a yel/blk wire that would've gone to the gray plug but since you cut it off, the wire is now loose. And you have to have a yel wire in the middle of the teg green plug. You have to. That's power to the entire gauge cluster. The power wire that's YEL that I'm talking about has no white dots on it. It might be a little bigger than the other wires. Find that wire and tap yel/blk to it. See what happens.

I forgot about the wht/blue wire, lemme go check my car.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i see the yellow wire that was on my teg harness that goes to the grey plug, there is no yel/blk wire that goes or would have gone to the grey plug, and theres not one loose... there is only a yel/blk wire on the green plug, there is no yellow wire. could it be my teg harness is diff or something? should i just do what you said but splice the yel wire from the grey plug into the yel/blk on the green?
Old 04-19-2005, 04:35 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ner0x &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i see the yellow wire that was on my teg harness that goes to the grey plug, there is no yel/blk wire that goes or would have gone to the grey plug, and theres not one loose... there is only a yel/blk wire on the green plug, there is no yellow wire. could it be my teg harness is diff or something? should i just do what you said but splice the yel wire from the grey plug into the yel/blk on the green?</TD></TR></TABLE>You might have an OBD2 underdash harness. Although I'm not sure if there are differences between obd1 and 2 underdash harnesses, it seems like you don't have the one that I used.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:46 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ELMO! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">good job shitbox...I mean litterbox!! </TD></TR></TABLE>Go back to GDD where you belong Elmo.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i did have the obd2 harness, but now i have an obd1 harness... i just twisted all the wires together, everything matched like you said =] im going to wire them together tommorow... its late now. but the obd2 harness would of prolly of worked, since the wires that needed to go from the grey plug to the green on the odb1 harness were already there. but i didnt want to be brave and find out the hard way. i also have the integra blower =] i should be putting everything together tommorow and the dash should be in by this weekend. yay. thanks litterbox
Old 04-19-2005, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Go back to GDD where you belong Elmo. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Na, cant. Working on my post count!
Old 04-20-2005, 07:25 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: FAQ: Integra Dash Into EG (ELMO!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ner0x &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i did have the obd2 harness, but now i have an obd1 harness... i just twisted all the wires together, everything matched like you said =] im going to wire them together tommorow... its late now. but the obd2 harness would of prolly of worked, since the wires that needed to go from the grey plug to the green on the odb1 harness were already there. but i didnt want to be brave and find out the hard way. i also have the integra blower =] i should be putting everything together tommorow and the dash should be in by this weekend. yay. thanks litterbox </TD></TR></TABLE>So the obd1 and obd2 harnesses are completely different? Hmm. So let it be known that you need an obd1 harness to use my wiring diagrams.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Great write-up, I cant wait to see it in person
Old 04-20-2005, 11:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: FAQ: Integra Dash Into EG (civic duty)

Awesome write up...

However, your hazards aren't working? Those should work from the get go. I will verify the plug and wires you mentioned to make sure.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:10 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: FAQ: Integra Dash Into EG (poison)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by poison &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Awesome write up...

However, your hazards aren't working? Those should work from the get go. I will verify the plug and wires you mentioned to make sure.</TD></TR></TABLE>No, my hazards work because I used the Integra harness. I don't think the Integra Hazard switch would work if you used the civic harness though, you'd have to just tuck the Civic hazard switch somewhere under the dash.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No, my hazards work because I used the Integra harness. I don't think the Integra Hazard switch would work if you used the civic harness though, you'd have to just tuck the Civic hazard switch somewhere under the dash.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nah, there is a way to make it work. It's a matter of getting the right pins to the correct locations on the integra dash switch.

With wiring anything is possible.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:23 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: FAQ: Integra Dash Into EG (poison)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by poison &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Nah, there is a way to make it work. It's a matter of getting the right pins to the correct locations on the integra dash switch.

With wiring anything is possible. </TD></TR></TABLE>Ahhh soooo, but I am still a young grasshopper
Old 04-21-2005, 04:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah im sure we can get it to work, i half to rewire the grey plug and the harness for my system with the civic plug, then im going to mess with the hazards... hopefully i get them working.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:26 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ner0x &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah im sure we can get it to work, i half to rewire the grey plug and the harness for my system with the civic plug, then im going to mess with the hazards... hopefully i get them working. </TD></TR></TABLE>You're not gonna have to mess with the hazards, they'll work when you use the Teg harness.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ooh yeah, because i used the teg harness.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

okay, well i have had 2 blue wires, one with dots and one with silver lines. but it matched with the civic plug so its all good. also i have an extra yel/green wire from the harness that connects to my reciever, what is that about? doesnt match up w/anything...
Old 04-21-2005, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just one more thing... how do you take the two buttons out of the vin plate without breaking the plastic or bending the metal? what are they called?
Old 04-25-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Re: (ner0x)

i took the whole plastic piece from the civic dash and connected it to the teg dash with glue and zip ties.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B18Cej1)

well. i got frustrated and took a dremel to the bottom on the rivets, it worked out well... the heat from the rivets melted the plastic just a little so i can slip it out, then i took my civic vin plate and stuck it in its place, it doesnt look like it was tampered with at all. will take pix soon =]
Old 04-30-2005, 06:11 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: (ner0x)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ner0x &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well. i got frustrated and took a dremel to the bottom on the rivets, it worked out well... the heat from the rivets melted the plastic just a little so i can slip it out, then i took my civic vin plate and stuck it in its place, it doesnt look like it was tampered with at all. will take pix soon =]</TD></TR></TABLE>Cool, so is your entire dash in place and fully functional? Take pics!!!
Old 04-30-2005, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

akludiabdb... im trying to mount it now, its not working =/ its not lineing up or clearing on the sides... i cut some of the plastic, guess i gotta shave off some more

Quick Reply: FAQ: Integra Dash Into EG