Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Fake C west front bumper... should I consider?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fake C west front bumper... should I consider?

Yo... im toying with the idea of buying a fake C-west front bumper for my 1998 Civ... Im not sure if I should or not... the C-west is the only bumper that looks good and is also very, very expensive... but this faky is not so expensive.

Anyway the price is $351.00 US shipped or $469.99 CDN shipped.
Im not sure how bodykits work either... do they mount up somewhat like stock? or not like stock at all?

AND... i dont plan on getting a rear bumper... Because I simply wouldn't like it... you think it would look stupid? a C-west style front bumper and a stock rear bumper? anyway... gimme some feedback im just thinking here

I mean... if it fits decently and looks close to this... with 98 headlights and stuff ofcourse, i'd be really happy

thanks !
Old 10-26-2003, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Fake C west front bumper... should I consider? (Si Arn)

most people are gonna say get a lip

bodykits mount in the same places as your stock bumper btw

but if you do decide to get the cwest front and least get some type of rear lip or kit
Old 10-26-2003, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fake C west front bumper... should I consider? (ek9mugen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek9mugen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

bodykits mount in the same places as your stock bumper btw

</TD></TR></TABLE>

So i could slap this on at home... and take to a body shop to get painted then eh? only labour costs of this entire endeavour (sp) would be painting is what one might say eh?
Old 10-26-2003, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Si Arn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So i could slap this on at home... and take to a body shop to get painted then eh? only labour costs of this entire endeavour (sp) would be painting is what one might say eh?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Correct. I would get it painted before you put it on. Most body shops will overspray onto your radiator and whatever is behind the bumper if you don't just take them the bumper.
Old 10-26-2003, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fake C west front bumper... should I consider? (Ricey McRicerton)

thanks for the help you two guys...
Old 10-26-2003, 05:40 PM

when i had mine done i put the body kit on and got all the fitment right...then took it to the paint shop. they then took the kit off, painted it, and put it back on for me.

depends if the kit is urethane or fiberglass...if fiberglass you, or the shop might have to do some sanding to get the fitment perfect.
Old 10-26-2003, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fake C west front bumper... should I consider? (phreakmang)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by phreakmang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">when i had mine done i put the body kit on and got all the fitment right...then took it to the paint shop. they then took the kit off, painted it, and put it back on for me.

depends if the kit is urethane or fiberglass...if fiberglass you, or the shop might have to do some sanding to get the fitment perfect.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is a good point, but I think it has more to do with being an aftermarket part rather than what it is made of. A test fit is always a good idea! Test fit it before you go get it painted!!
Old 10-26-2003, 05:46 PM

paint shops down here won't paint it unless it's on the car. dunno why
Old 10-26-2003, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MrIllegalX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MrIllegalX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">paint shops down here won't paint it unless it's on the car. dunno why</TD></TR></TABLE>

Could have to do with the fact that if it is not on the car, you can inspect it better before you pay them. Or it could have to do with the fact that they do not have the tools necessary to paint parts off of a car (the turns or whatever they call them)
Old 10-26-2003, 05:52 PM

Default Re: (MrIllegalX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MrIllegalX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">paint shops down here won't paint it unless it's on the car. dunno why</TD></TR></TABLE>

when i wanted to get my car painted..... the guy asked me any body kits or lips? and i said yeah i want lips....... the guy told me to get them done before i come in, and i asked him why, his answer: we don't have the tools to make them come out right so we just save ourselves from the hassle and trouble of unsatisfied customers.....
Old 10-26-2003, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Ricey McRicerton)

had a kit or worked on a few,
id put it on and see where it exactly lines up and see where it doesnt. just like the guy above said, mark it with a perm. marker since it is going to get sprayed. then when you take it to the body/paint guy pull off your stock bumper again and put it up there and show him, hey this is where i need it extended/shortened. get him to work on it off of the car,keep on putting it back on for exact fitment and then spray another reason to do this is that he wont jip your *** by saying it needed exreme body work, when in reality you kno it didnt,
thats that
pEace
Old 10-26-2003, 10:58 PM
tangb2023

Default Re: (Navid OG)

i like it looks like s2000 bumper.. i personally would not get it had some back then they always chip and crack..