Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Failed theft/break in attempt on my eg....

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 03:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Failed theft/break in attempt on my eg....

I made my way over there to the Paseo on Colorado Saturday Night to chill out for a bit. I parked my car in the Green st./Los Robles ave.? parking structure. I was only gone for at least 30 minutes only to come back to find that my car was broken into using a key... The thieves tried to steal my in dash dvd player (bad to have when i dont have an alarm yet...) but those ****ers just broke it and cracked my faceplate open.

I'm suspecting they were lame *** teenagers because they stole small things like my broadway mirror, cd case and probably some other small stuff but if they were some real thieves they would have tried to take my car (****er would have paid for my parking). I think I may know who it is, because I saw a blue eg hatch parked not too far down from me, and I suspect that when they saw my car they just got in real quick to see what they could get before leaving the structure. It's a small world... and I know it will be easy to spot that car/color anywhere in the future...

All in all, I'm glad I didnt have my car stolen because it easily could have, and the fact that my dvd player is still there and still works is a small blessing. I just cant get over the fact that thieves are everywhere and will hit anywhere. Especially in parking structures... I have heard that people get their cars stolen a lot at pcc as well... sad deal.. this is why to parking in structures... I feel that is the most vulnerable spot to leave your car parked... I'm gonna start cutting fingers off.. I wish a mother****er would try to steal my car in front of me.

Be careful out there folks,
and to you thieves on h-t choke on something and fall down a flight of stairs you bitch!

Last edited by pinks11; 12-22-2008 at 06:17 AM.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Failed theft/break in attempt on my eg....

They broke into your car using a KEY? Uhh, where did they get the key? If this is a legit claim, you need to call the police and have them find out who cut a key for your car (provided it's a 96 or newer) since law states you have to prove ownership before getting a key cut with a code and not another key. If your car is older, sounds a little fishy to me.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ive gotten keys made for multiple cars that aren't mine. They never check to see if I own it. Sucks.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah they broke in using a key. It is a quite common method of breaking cars these days that are used by thieves here in California and maybe all over the states. That's why Civic's and Integras are synonymous with being the most stolen cars in America. Most commonly with older model civics. Generally thieves can use any Honda key to break into another car. The key just has to be filed down enough to where it will conform to the locking mechanism inside your door. Since Honda's locks are cheap as crap it is quite easy to turn a key to get the lock to pop open. The keys can be copied from a so-called "Master Key" which can open virtually any car of the same model, or they can simply be made at home. It will make it easy to slide in and jiggle thus making the lock pop open. This is for a 93 and if you know Honda's you are aware that thieves aim for these cars the most..

When you go to a key maker, or ace hardware to get a spare made, they usually do not ask you for proof of ownership.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i know my ej key works in my buddy's dc2
he locked his keys in his car at a show, i walked over and tried it and it worked.
then i proceeded to start it and drive it around
Old 12-22-2008, 06:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah, there are times where the keys even starts... looks like im going to have to do keyless door handles and keyless entry =P... Still doesnt deter the fact that it will still get touched, but at least it'll give me some peace of mind.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 95d16turbo
i know my ej key works in my buddy's dc2
he locked his keys in his car at a show, i walked over and tried it and it worked.
then i proceeded to start it and drive it around
Yah alot of honda keys pre 2001 work with other hondas, they are almost universal.

my 1998 key worked on my friends del sol but it wouldnt work to start it just to unlock the door.

i hear 1995 and lower years they are even worse with the keys tho ,
Old 12-22-2008, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its called a shaved key... basically fit in any old honda..
Old 12-22-2008, 07:44 AM

that sucks , i would definitely report that to the po and also maybe just look into other anti theft devices ..........oh ya and f*@! thieves
Old 12-22-2008, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hondafab19
that sucks , i would definitely report that to the po and also maybe just look into other anti theft devices ..........oh ya and f*@! thieves
Should I still report anything to the po's even though they didnt really steal that much or anything? Or for the simple fact they broke into my car should be enough? I know this is small **** but they did manage to do some damage to my head unit, and I'm looking to get a new one from the manufacturer with the one year warranty.

I have nothing else better do do this week beisdes xmas, i think im gonna go park my car in the same structure and just sit nearby to see if anyone wants to **** with it again. Im gonna have a switchblade to cut off their fingers and some hollowpoints to show their kneecaps some cali luv. real talk.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my key opens my friends EG and my friends dc2 starts it, while their keys open my car and my keys can open their car, check your homies LOL
Old 12-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i know. i seen some suspicious cats where i was at, blue eg w/ black rims, youre guilty before proven innocent. i'll find them, the 8 degrees of separation has been proving itself so im sure we'll cross paths sooner or later. i really want to get a dummy car out there and bust some fools. we should get the "trunk monkey" involved in something like this.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i guess most parking structures suck... unless they have security going up and down which is far and few

i've always heard parking structures were good for thieves trying to steal your car.. cuz theres always a witness to the tow truck and there's only one exit.

bump sucks.. i dunno why thieves steal headunits.. stupid kids broke my faceplace too and ruined the radio.. would can they sell a broken unit to
Old 12-22-2008, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it's a good thing they weren't able to take it for a joyride... you almost hope to not get it back because you don't know how badly the car might have been abused while in their hands... that was a close call
Old 12-22-2008, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah I'm totally against parking in structures. That's why I never chose pcc as my place for my "studies" for the simple fact that their whole parking system is in a structure, and their security are some lame ****s who just sit around all day on the bottom floor. Yeah I dont know why they broke it, damn morons

It really was a close call cbdx, I'm glad they didn't take my car, I would have been even more pissed than getting frustrated over some broken **** and small stuff that got jacked. Good thing they didn't steal my treal t.v. haha **** was between the seats, and I had a nice blunt in the ash tray lol... Now I know that it can be touched anywhere and by anyone, I'm gonna have to be on my toes from now on...
Im going to do keyless handles as soon as I am able...
Old 12-22-2008, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL you guys... you do not need a key to get into , or start a honda... a jiggler works. Get an alarm with a starter/ FI kill
Old 12-22-2008, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a jiggler? Ive seen ppl who open cars with even normal keys no shaving necessary and they jiggle then voila. I plan on getting a viper or us security alarm with just that. its much needed these days.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

are you sure its the key their using. because its really easy to flex the windows on hondas. iam not saying that because i steal cars, but just did it once because i locked my keys in the car...
Old 12-22-2008, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah im sure, the window should have been messed up, or showed signs of forced entry. i didnt notice anything when i got to the car, then got inside and found the head unit had the hard time comming out. then i was like wtf? then it hit me that my car got broken into.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Wheres my titleeeee!

A buddy of mine is an EX theif who pretty much did it cuz he was hooke in with the wrong crowd. (he never stole cars but just little stuff lik ipods and etc) BUT he has a key made from a GM key that isshaved down known as a wiggler. All you have to do is put it in the lock cylinder and wiggle it around and it will open the lock. He showed me on my Hatch. Trust me theives are getting smarter. I think everyone should invest in computrack like i did. Best 400 Bucks i have ever spent!
Old 12-22-2008, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by nemisish20
A buddy of mine is an EX theif who pretty much did it cuz he was hooke in with the wrong crowd. (he never stole cars but just little stuff lik ipods and etc) BUT he has a key made from a GM key that isshaved down known as a wiggler. All you have to do is put it in the lock cylinder and wiggle it around and it will open the lock. He showed me on my Hatch. Trust me theives are getting smarter. I think everyone should invest in computrack like i did. Best 400 Bucks i have ever spent!
Thats something I plan to get asap
Old 12-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I always have a back up device and use my club.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

have you ever hard of a slim jim they are a quick way to get in any car. never heard of this jiggle trick
Old 12-23-2008, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah ive heard of a slim jim. that's what tow truck drivers use when they help you get your keys out of your car after you had locked them in. this key thing works quick, and sometimes it starts the car. even makes it look like you are trying to open your own car...
Old 12-23-2008, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

get the rear door handles from a 4 door...get rid of that rod inside of the door and do a keyless entry/alarm/power lock conversion...ive done everything but the rear door handles cuz i havent had the time to get them painted frost white

Quick Reply: Failed theft/break in attempt on my eg....