Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Fact or just a trend 99-00

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fact or just a trend 99-00

So I've been doing some research and I'm coming up short. On the 99-00 Coupe is there a rear fog light on the edm or Jdm version. I've seen some pictures of 4 doors with it and I know the Ctr has them in the tail light it self. So to my question does the edm coupe have one? Also do the 99-00 coupes have the headlight sprayers or is that just a 96-98 thing like the sir style bumpers.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fact or just a trend 99-00

About 99-00 EDM's i did some research saying it's integrated into the tail light itself.

Here's a LHD EDM Stanley 99-00 tail light set
http://excoboard.com/exco/archive.ph...11&t=1818362-1

And from the link i posted below (96-98 USDM vs EDM)
a RHD EDM Stanley 99-00 tail light set
Originally Posted by Amed Irizarry
I Know My Thread Is A Year Old. But Just Wanted To Let You Guys Know That I Got The Rear RHD Fog Light.

About the 96-98 tail lights (USDM vs EDM)
https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/difference-between-00-coupe-usdm-taillights-edm-taillights-fog-lights-2852975/
Originally Posted by NOFX
Okay, I have a set of both of these ('96-'98 coupe though), so I'll try to explain.

The set I have are LHD taillights, so the rear foglight is behind the left side (it's always on the driver side).

USDM Coupe Taillights

EDM Coupe Taillights

There's not a lot of obvious differences between the two, as you can see from the pics.

The EDM lights don't have the reflectors in the upper corners (the red section) that the US lights have.

The EDM lights don't light in the inner section of the red part EXCEPT for the rear foglight when it's on. This rear foglight is VERY bright btw. It's like a brake light, except it directs the light out to the rear.

The rear foglight will need to be wired in btw. If you just put them on the car the inner red sections just plain won't turn on when you turn the lights on. IIRC we swapped the wiring around a bit to get them to light at all, but this causes the rear foglight to be on all the time. We've just not gotten around to fixing it on mine.

There should be a switch you'll need for the rear foglight too.

Turn signals, backup lights and brake lights all work the same on these lights except that the inner red section will not light with the brakes.

The inner red section doesn't even have a hole for the bulb.

About the foglight:
Originally Posted by cgpEJ6
1.) usdm.ehtu, they aren't hard to find at all, they are everywhere online
2.) BseriesEG, they actually don't come in the bumper on JDM models except for EF's, people just put them there. 5th gens, 6th gens, and probably other gens/models have them too but they are built into the taillight.
Originally Posted by NOFX
I figured out that some that were on a car on Honda-Tech were actually parts for a Honda Capa. He got them off some popular JDM website.

But yes, these are originally for other models like 4th gen Civics, EDM Integra Type Rs (all EDM Integra coupes are ITRs and don't have the normal legal rear foglight), Honda Capas and other European and Japanese models.

A rear foglight, when required to be on a vehicle by law, usually is either behind the driver, in the middle or on both sides. Hondas usually opt either for one on each side or for one on the driver's side.

Audis, Mercedes-Benzes and Volvos often have stock rear foglights in the US. Some Mini Coopers also have them (in the middle on that model).
Or this page from ICB makes me wonder otherwise
(pictures are linked on the pages)
Left fog: http://www.icbmotorsport.com/jdmrefogliki.html
Right Fog: http://www.icbmotorsport.com/rajdmrefogli.html

Headlight washers only came on 96-98
Find more info here:
https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/%5Bfaq%5D-civic-eg-eh-92-95-jdm-headlight-washer-rear-wiper-trunk-light-install-diy-2490480/
and a bit of this
Originally Posted by deschlong
Rare OEM EDM Headlight Washers Kit for 96-98 6G EK/EJ (also currently FS -- check link in sig). A very, VERY rare item (and I've NEVER seen one for sale before). Should also fit 99-00.

A proper retrofit kit will include all the items you see in the pictures here: switch, relay, special headlight washer bottle, pump, tubing, valves & nozzles, nozzle clips and of course all wiring pigtails.

Here is what the headlight washers looks like mounted on the front bumper of a 96-98 Civic:

Old 09-26-2013, 09:46 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I never understood what a rear fog was for.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey thanks for the reply. So it's like the Ctr where it's integrated in the tail lights. Don't by chance Know where the one in the bumper comes from? Maybe Australia? I know they have there own market as well.

I kinda figured that was a 96-98 kinda deal on the washers.

So only difference on non edm Ctr/sir on the front is clear corners lights on headlight assembly and the grill?
Old 09-26-2013, 11:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dc2ladd
Hey thanks for the reply. So it's like the Ctr where it's integrated in the tail lights. Don't by chance Know where the one in the bumper comes from? Maybe Australia? I know they have there own market as well.

I kinda figured that was a 96-98 kinda deal on the washers.

So only difference on non edm Ctr/sir on the front is clear corners lights on headlight assembly and the grill?

Referring to this post:

Originally Posted by cgpEJ6 View Post
1.) usdm.ehtu, they aren't hard to find at all, they are everywhere online
2.) BseriesEG, they actually don't come in the bumper on JDM models except for EF's, people just put them there. 5th gens, 6th gens, and probably other gens/models have them too but they are built into the taillight.

I'm assuming that it's true and that they weren't stock at all in 6th gens.

Whatcha mean about the EDM CTR/SIR headlights/grill concern?
Old 09-27-2013, 12:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The non Ctr n sir have an h in the middle of them. It's not circled just an h. And I believe from what I found the vti and other model came with an all silver( no yellow/orange )marker and reflector.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay wait... so
EDM Grill

*(i don't believe the EDM SiR's came with mesh grills, only CTR, Si (EM1), and SiR's from Canada and Philippines + some parts of asia)

CTR mesh grill

SI (Em1) grill

SiR PI

What do you mean by marker and reflector? Are you referring to sidemarkers or headlights?

96-98 SiR & 99-00 had clear corners in their headlights

CTR Headlights:
Old 09-27-2013, 01:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The turn signals light in the head light. As far as I know USDm have amber and edm and JDM where just clear. I thought the Ctr where all black housing. Looks like the sir is clear/ silver housing tho. And the grill is what I was trying to explain. The honda h isn't the USDm style with the circle around it. It's just the h On the edm.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

We're saying the same thing I just can't explain things real well.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dc2ladd
The turn signals light in the head light. As far as I know USDm have amber and edm and JDM where just clear. I thought the Ctr where all black housing. Looks like the sir is clear/ silver housing tho. And the grill is what I was trying to explain. The honda h isn't the USDm style with the circle around it. It's just the h On the edm.
Yeah. USDM have Amber on the corner, whereas SiR were clear like I posted above.
CTR isn't black, it's gunmetal actually the black housings are all aftermarket or DIY.
The grill yeah, there's USDM with the square around the H, EDM with just an H, and mesh grill. the first photo I posted were the EDM's
Old 09-27-2013, 10:05 AM
Oh look, I can change this

Received 131 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by CO671

Headlight washers only came on 96-98
Find more info here:
https://honda-tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2490480
and a bit of this
Not accurate. Have sold a set of 99-00 Headlight Washers before. My ad you quoted, though, was for the 96-98 bumper only.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by deschlong
Not accurate. Have sold a set of 99-00 Headlight Washers before. My ad you quoted, though, was for the 96-98 bumper only.
ahhh thanks for clarification
i even just noticed this
Name:  uYPzBaK.png
Views: 75
Size:  29.7 KB
Old 10-06-2013, 08:20 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

To clarify a minor detail, that Si grille is modified. Stock it would have a Honda H badge in the middle. The Si badge isn't supposed to be there.