Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

f22ablock/d16z6head? searched

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 12:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f22ablock/d16z6head? searched

does anyone have any info on this setup. like pros and cons,dynos,write ups,etc...
i used the search engin on hear i didnt find to much info. I typed in f-series,f-series hybrid,f22a,f22a/d16,etc and nothing came.thanks in advance.
-gabe
Old 12-21-2005, 02:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: f22ablock/d16z6head? searched (theredegg)

Eh I never heard of that. Im going to hop on google right now and find the f22a block specs, I dont even think the cylinders are spread apart the same distance as the combustion chambers, and doubt the head studs the same either.

EDIT:: I'm right, it will not fit, or bolt up easily. The bore on a f22 is 85mm and common sense theres no way the chambers on the head can support that, the champers are too close together.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: f22ablock/d16z6head? searched (Br1anPham)

D series head wont fit, but H series will with some modification.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: f22ablock/d16z6head? searched (Slopoke)

i almost have enough money for a turbo build up.I'm debating on boring my d16z6 to 1.8 liters.I am not sure if boring the engine will shorten the life of the motor.my car will be daily driven on 91 octane. I plan to run 10psi daily.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by theredegg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i almost have enough money for a turbo build up.I'm debating on boring my d16z6 to 1.8 liters.I am not sure if boring the engine will shorten the life of the motor.my car will be daily driven on 91 octane. I plan to run 10psi daily.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you serious about any of your questions? You start off by asking about a D series head on an F bottom end. Now you want to know about boring to a 1.8l. I know you'll definitely have to resleeve the bottom end, but I'm not sure if you'll be able to get 1.8 litres out of it. And what advantage do you think this will get you? Why not just go GSR?
Old 12-22-2005, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: f22ablock/d16z6head? searched (Specail Ed)

I am very serious. I planned to run f22/d16 but now i know they are not compatible. Boring the motor was my first option. But then i heard of some people doing f22 hybrids and was just curious. Sorry for getting off subject though.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:27 AM

build and boost your d series you can make awesome power from a d series!!!
Old 12-22-2005, 11:41 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: f22ablock/d16z6head? searched (SlowAzEg)

The D series/F22A hybrid set-up you're probably thinking of is Bisi's F22A engine'd Insight drag car with a D series transmission bolted up to it via a custom adapter plate.

Old 12-22-2005, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: f22ablock/d16z6head? searched (B18C5-EH2)

Just to be clear, is the head SOHC VTEC?
Old 12-22-2005, 04:50 PM

The d16z6 is SOHC VTEC
Old 12-22-2005, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SVOboy)

WTF, how did you hear about a d16/f22 hybrid? That's fuckd up! Maybe you were mistaken by the ls-vtec or crv-vtec with b series motors or the mini me swaps between D series but I've never ever heard of a d series head going onto an F series block. Maybe an H series, but still something I really haven't heard much on.

If you are going to bore out ur little d series then the most you can bore it out to is I think 1.7L.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by theredegg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i almost have enough money for a turbo build up.I'm debating on boring my d16z6 to 1.8 liters.I am not sure if boring the engine will shorten the life of the motor.my car will be daily driven on 91 octane. I plan to run 10psi daily.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Now you want to boost it too, do you really know what you want to do? I mean if you really plan on boosting it I highly recommend sleeving it like Special Ed stated. The D series won't be able to handle boosting if you have bored it out that much. You need all the sleeve you can get! Come back and let us know what you really plan on doing, budget, MOTOR, boost or N/A and maybe we can help you

but till then

NO the d16/ F22 will not/ever/NEVER work.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JayDiemB16aCivic)

his next option id to add a S2K tranny to that z6
Old 12-22-2005, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dohcVTECeg2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcVTECeg2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">his next option id to add a S2K tranny to that z6 </TD></TR></TABLE>

bahahahahaha, no, SR20DET red top
Old 12-23-2005, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey i had a legitimate question to ask you guys and now you want talk **** over the internet.your the ediot who has nothing better to do than make complete asses of yourselfs on a good thread.that is b.s. you guys should be banned
Old 12-24-2005, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (theredegg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by theredegg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey i had a legitimate question to ask you guys and now you want talk **** over the internet.your the ediot who has nothing better to do than make complete asses of yourselfs on a good thread.that is b.s. you guys should be banned</TD></TR></TABLE>

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, learn how to type. ediot is spelled Idiot and for being banned, ha, I pump out way to much good information to other people to help them out, but when you come to us with a question like you have, it's just unbarable. I answered your question and then some *******

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JayDiemB16aCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">WTF, how did you hear about a d16/f22 hybrid? That's fuckd up! Maybe you were mistaken by the ls-vtec or crv-vtec with b series motors or the mini me swaps between D series but I've never ever heard of a d series head going onto an F series block. Maybe an H series, but still something I really haven't heard much on.

If you are going to bore out ur little d series then the most you can bore it out to is I think 1.7L.

Now you want to boost it too, do you really know what you want to do? I mean if you really plan on boosting it I highly recommend sleeving it like Special Ed stated. The D series won't be able to handle boosting if you have bored it out that much. You need all the sleeve you can get! Come back and let us know what you really plan on doing, budget, MOTOR, boost or N/A and maybe we can help you

but till then

NO the d16/ F22 will not/ever/NEVER work.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I mean if you can't read all that well, it's not my fault, I put it in easy reading terms. Just before you come to us with a question like that, DO A LITTLE RESEARCHING. HT members will make you feel like a total *** and EDIOT. So that's just my advice to you man. Good luck with the F22a-D16 swap
Old 12-24-2005, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you can get 1.8l out of a d-series, just ask, well me, just have to bore it out to 78mm with aftermarket sleeves of course. As for some of your other questions i'll have to agree with some of the other guys here and do a little research before just thinking stuff up
Old 12-24-2005, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Soccerking3000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Soccerking3000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you can get 1.8l out of a d-series, just ask, well me, just have to bore it out to 78mm with aftermarket sleeves of course. As for some of your other questions i'll have to agree with some of the other guys here and do a little research before just thinking stuff up</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually if you bore it out to 78mm it'll be 1720cc...so that's more of a 1.7l, just being technical.

If you wanna boost it, don't bother boring it out, you can make 300+whp on stock sleeves, stock bore, w/forged internals, etc. If you want more than that, I'd recommend not going d-series (for you that is).

You need to know what you want to obtain, power-wise.

You say you want to run 10 psi daily...On what kind of turbo. 10 psi on a t25 won't be too far over like 200is whp, but on an sc61 it'll be close to 300 (I'm just making a point)

If you just want to run like 200is whp (Give or take depending on management/tune) than just stick with the stock z6, it can handle it fine.

Hope that helps some.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

uuuhh...i think the f22 is a 2.2 liter engine....
Old 12-24-2005, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: f22ablock/d16z6head? searched (trooper0641)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by trooper0641 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">uuuhh...i think the f22 is a 2.2 liter engine....</TD></TR></TABLE>

congrat's! How exactly did you figyure that one out?

If you're not aware the numbers after the D.B.H.F.K. would be how many liter's the motor is.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: f22ablock/d16z6head? searched (JayDiemB16aCivic)

Get the hell of this thread IDIOT^^. You think by using my typing error you think you can walk all over me. You say you give helpful info, well the only info i get from you is that your the *******. Your saying that all the other h-t members will make me feel like an ***. You got it all wrong. No other h-t member on this thread made me feel like an idiot And they never will, including you. Never talk **** unless you know exactly what your talking about.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I did do reseach before i opened up this thread and i found none of the answers i was looking for. I'm going to be using the t3 thunderbird turbo .48a/r/60. I'm getting it machined and sleeved by exospeed. I'm looking to get between 200-220whp after tuning on 91 octane using Hondata s200 . I want to sleeve the block because i want a reliable and strong engine and i MIGHT choose in the future to run more boost with a bigger turbo.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:39 AM

If your getting sleeved, I'd stick with stock bore or STD oversize bore so pistons will be cheaper.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:20 AM
I'm a Jackass

Default Re: f22ablock/d16z6head? searched (Br1anPham)

fantasy tunner... you sleeving a block for 200whp.. lol.. get a real dream kid, like a nice set of apc tail lights...
Old 12-25-2005, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: f22ablock/d16z6head? searched (Stars)

lol what a loser.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: f22ablock/d16z6head? searched (Sleepy_Red_hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stars &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">fantasy tunner... you sleeving a block for 200whp.. lol.. get a real dream kid, like a nice set of apc tail lights...</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea seriously, I told him what he should do, now he wants to sleeve a D series block for 200whp, what a joke, kid get a ****** blockguard and you'll be just fine, the only reason you need to sleeve a ****** block is if you plan on running well over 25 psi and plan to drive it hard and turn up the boost. Sleeves just make your motor virtually bulletproof.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by theredegg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Get the hell of this thread IDIOT^^. You think by using my typing error you think you can walk all over me. You say you give helpful info, well the only info i get from you is that your the *******. Your saying that all the other h-t members will make me feel like an ***. You got it all wrong. No other h-t member on this thread made me feel like an idiot And they never will, including you. Never talk **** unless you know exactly what your talking about.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

And you're not a moderator, if anything, I'm trying to help your ***, so by you telling me to "get outta this thread IDIOT", is kind of a childish act on your part buddy, either get some ***** and deal with what is said to you or get the fu*k off H-T. You're here for a reason, to LEARN and SHARE. I told you that a damn F series and D series WILL NOT WORK. And as for your turbo setup, if you plan to get upgrade a turbo in the future why not just get it now and wait and just build it, why do **** twice???

How much boost do you really plan on running? I mean 200whp is like 8 psi I think and you plan to sleeve it? WTF is the purpose. Your STOCK motor can handle all of 8 lbs. If you really plan on running a little more I suggest low comp pistons and forged rods so you don't fu(k it up bad. A blockguard is sufficient enough and a hell of a lot cheaper than sleeving, especially when you're not going to exceed 20 psi. Blockguards help with flexing.

Now stop being a whinny bitch and deal with it like a man, listen to what people have to tell you.

Quick Reply: f22ablock/d16z6head? searched