Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

F22 in a 94 hatch

Old 10-07-2005, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F22 in a 94 hatch

hey folks. name is chris. i heard hondatech is one of the best places to get advice for swaps and stuff. i got an F22 off of my brother from a 91 accord. i'd love to shove it in my civic for the torque and boost it. right now i got a 1.5 sohc vtec.. yes. 1.5 vtec. my last run was 15.6 at 86 mph and i get anywhere from 30-47 mpg depending of if i'm running the car into vtec or what wheels i got on it. anyway, anybody know what mounts to use? axles? all that good crap. any help is appreciated.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: F22 in a 94 hatch (sleeperbeauty)

search!
Old 10-08-2005, 03:17 AM

Default Re: F22 in a 94 hatch (sleeperbeauty)

dont do that swap unless you want headaches...
you could probably use hasports H22 swap mounts.
theres already issues with h22 swaps and it may be worse trying to do a less popular f22 swap.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:26 AM
Farts in the shower

Default Re: F22 in a 94 hatch (croolies)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by croolies &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">search!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Instead of being a typical n00b dick how about you provide him with some links...jackass.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1083169
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=792406
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=650329

pm TouringAccord, he knows his **** when it comes to f22's and eg's .
Old 10-08-2005, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: F22 in a 94 hatch (n-line4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by n-line4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dont do that swap unless you want headaches...
you could probably use hasports H22 swap mounts.
theres already issues with h22 swaps and it may be worse trying to do a less popular f22 swap.</TD></TR></TABLE>shakes head, why post when you dont know ****.

The F22 like the H is not that hard @ all. In the Hybrid forum there is a sticky with the info you need. Its mainly for the H22 however 95% of that info applies to your particular swap.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:58 PM

thanks man, i appreciate it. now, would you recommend the accord 5 speed tranny, or the prelude h22/h23 5 speed tranny?
Old 10-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Farts in the shower

Default Re: (sleeperbeauty)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sleeperbeauty &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks man, i appreciate it. now, would you recommend the accord 5 speed tranny, or the prelude h22/h23 5 speed tranny?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Depends on what you want to get out of it...if you want NA I would say h22 if you are boosting go with either the h23 or f22 tranny.

Old 10-10-2005, 04:26 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: F22 in a 94 hatch (.ken)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .ken &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
pm TouringAccord, he knows his **** when it comes to f22's and eg's .</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha, thanks for the vote of convidence. I haven't done my swap yet but I have done a lot of research on it. My plans have been halted for now due to my hatch being totalled. I still have it and drive it but the back is a bit messed up from the person that rearended me. I was looking for another hatch (92-95 Si) but since people are dicks where I live I've decided I'm not buying another car until I move into a house with a garage.

The last link that .ken listed is a great thread. It gives you tons of info. Most of the info is for the H series but as someone stated, a lot of it is the same for the F series.

Don't listen to people who say not to do the swap either. Some people just can't get past the B series swap and if you try something different they think it's a bad idea. Not saying all Civic people are like that, not trying to start an arguement. Just when I first mentioned I was thinking of the swap I had many people telling me not to and to just do a B swap.

The motor you got is a F22A? correct, since it came from a 91 Accord. I'm not exactly sure but I do believe those motors have good flow in the head. I'm not real familar with that year motor since mine is a 95 EX motor (F22B1). Even though the motors are different on the inside, they all mount up the same. A Hasport mount kit for the H series will work. Just like the axles Hasport sells for the H series will work, you just have to buy a Prelude intermediate shaft. I thought there was a stock axle from like an early Integra or something that could be used instead of custom axles but I can't seem to find that info, but I could of sworn I read that somewhere. Don't take that as gold though because I can't find that info right now.

You can use either an F series or H series tranny. Either will bolt right up to a F series motor. Like .ken said, depending on what your plans are will determine what tranny you'll want to use.

Me personally, I'm going to be using a D series tranny from a D16Y8. I believe they came in Civic EX's from 96-00. The tranny has good gearing, and strong shift forks. I currently have a D16Y8 in my hatch and I love the gearing. With the torque from the F series and the gearing of the D series tranny it should a strong low and mid range and it should pull very nicely in the light body of a Civic.

For wiring, your best bet would be to get a Helms for the year Civic you have and for the year Accord motor you have. Because there aren't a lot of people with F swaps into Civics there isn't going to much info on the wiring. You can use the link with all the H series info as a guide to get you started and help understand what you'll be doing but it won't be the same.

F series motor have been known to take well to boost. So if boost is your plan then you have a good motor to build on. Me though, I'll probably just be building an all-motor F22B1 and seeing how good it does. I'm not looking for mad amounts of horsepower, just something nice and fun to drive. I figure with the torque the F series put out, an all-motor setup should still pull nicely.

I can't think of anything else right now. You have a bunch of reading to do since that thread in the Hybrid forum has 62 pages. Hell, I should go back and catch up. I don't think I've read that thread since it was back at 40 something pages. In addition to that link, the Hasport website has a small article describing how to mount the motor into the chassis. Just go to the Instructions link under the Technical Support drop down menu.