Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

f@#$ing cops

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f@#$ing cops

hey. i just got pulled by a cop 4 my exhaust being 2 loud and i've been looking around the city 2 find a shop that sells silencers. I was wondering if neone knew of a place online that sold them separately rather than me having 2 by a whole new tip that comes w/ a silencer. thx
Old 07-01-2005, 07:42 PM

Default Re: f@#$ing cops (norice137)

if i knew which exhaust you had i might me able to help you
Old 07-01-2005, 07:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: f@#$ing cops (CaponeGotti)

yea cuz i have one for sale
Old 07-01-2005, 07:46 PM

thats the thing...i bought the 93 si with an exhaust and intake (low miles so i had 2). but the guy that owned it be4 me didnt buy a name brand exhaust...so i dont know what it is... ive jacked it up and looked 4 a name but i cant find it...i was just wondering if there were any general sites that sold them...
Old 07-01-2005, 07:48 PM

what size is the tip, i have one for sale bra
Old 07-01-2005, 07:48 PM

lol everyone says "@##@@#$ cops" and **** when they get pulled over. You know its not legal so dont bitch when he does his job. I have exhaust on my car too and if i get pulled over for that, i know its my fault. Either pay for it or take it out, its that simple. People hate on cops untill their **** gets jacked, then OMG officer please find my car. Thats just how i see it, thansk for listening
Old 07-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: f@#$ing cops (GS-Rcivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GS-Rcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol everyone says "@##@@#$ cops" and **** when they get pulled over. You know its not legal so dont bitch when he does his job. I have exhaust on my car too and if i get pulled over for that, i know its my fault. Either pay for it or take it out, its that simple. People hate on cops untill their **** gets jacked, then OMG officer please find my car. Thats just how i see it, thansk for listening </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL
Old 07-01-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Re: f@#$ing cops (93ejay1)

i'll check...i think it 3.5 inch but im not sure...ill measure
Old 07-01-2005, 07:54 PM

well let me know cuz mine is 3.5"
Old 07-01-2005, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by norice137 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey. i just got pulled by a cop 4 my exhaust being 2 loud and i've been looking around the city 2 find a shop that sells silencers. I was wondering if neone knew of a place online that sold them separately rather than me having 2 by a whole new tip that comes w/ a silencer. thx </TD></TR></TABLE>

How bout addin a resonator to the b pipe ?
Old 07-01-2005, 08:03 PM

Default Re: f@#$ing cops (DELSOLEMITE)

resonator should help out quite a bit also
Old 07-01-2005, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ebay has them.....sorry if we give you tickets, but you know what you have is illegal so you should expect it sometime.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: f@#$ing cops (cnyej1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cnyej1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ebay has them.....sorry if we give you tickets, but you know what you have is illegal so you should expect it sometime.</TD></TR></TABLE>

fo sho... show some respect, police officers put their lives on the line for your ***, its your fault for having to loud of an exhaust, suck it up and pay the ticket. As to try and answer your shitty question, get a resonator/silencer and stop bad mouthing the people that protect you.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:12 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: f@#$ing cops (Soccerking3000)

Soccerking, I must say that the officers that go around and write-up tickets for stupid petty things like "too loud of an exhaust", are not out to protect the citizens. There are people getting killed all around you that whole day, cars getting stolen, people getting robbed, stores getting held up, and if that officer was out on patrol instead of pulling people over for the stupidest fix-it-tickets, then maybe, just maybe one less honda would get stolen each day. That to me, would be justice- CASE CLOSED.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: f@#$ing cops (Equilibrium)

they cant be everywhere all the time....
Old 07-02-2005, 09:15 AM

cops dont pick and choose what laws they enforce. The government passes the laws, cops have the responsabiity to enforce whatever laws the gov't puts in place. Let's not frget where the gov't comes from; thats right, they are elected by us.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:22 AM

Sometimes, depending on your local laws, they give you a certain amount of time to fix the problem, and then all you have to do is prove that you got it fixed in court and you might not have to pay the ticket at all
Old 07-02-2005, 11:41 AM
Mr. Indecisive

Default Re: f@#$ing cops (Traymack1)

Here is the deal, if you had a name brand exhaust that didnt sound all ricey n raspy w/ a resonator you would be stright. I have a full greddy evo 2 exhaust n cops dont even turn their heads unless im WOT of course. If u dont want a ticket go stock or a good brand w/ a resonator n a cat n dont bother w/ a silencer, it will only make it a little bit quieter n it will make it even more ricey.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: f@#$ing cops (EJ8VTEC)

check my sig... find an OE CTR catback, u will not be dissapointed. its a 2.38" from the cat back with a 2.5" for the cat/collector.

i picked mine up from a user via the classifieds for $250 if i'm remembering correctly.

EDIT: the only problem is you might need to hack it up a bit to get it to fit your EG.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:50 AM

thanks 4 the WONDERFUL input 2 my SHITTY question Soccerking3000...u tell my the justice in giving all the japanese cars tickets when harleys and choppers come by with stright pipes that are 3 times as loud as mine? i understand that the police to put their lives on the line 4 us...but its not like they're perfect...a warning would have been sufficient and i would have done something about it...
Old 07-08-2005, 08:14 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by norice137 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">u tell my the justice in giving all the japanese cars tickets when harleys and choppers come by with stright pipes that are 3 times as loud as mine?</TD></TR></TABLE>
God damn boy, you made sense with that one. I have to agree with the fact that if you have something illegal on your car, you have to realize you may get fined... however, I do agree that I have never heard about anyone with a Harley get a ticket for being just as loud and obnoxious.

BTW, I got a Skunk2 catback and it's quiet enough to be legal, yet loud enough to enjoy.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: f@#$ing cops (wagonis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wagonis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
God damn boy, you made sense with that one. I have to agree with the fact that if you have something illegal on your car, you have to realize you may get fined... however, I do agree that I have never heard about anyone with a Harley get a ticket for being just as loud and obnoxious.

BTW, I got a Skunk2 catback and it's quiet enough to be legal, yet loud enough to enjoy.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i agree that i enjoy my evo2 rumble much more than the stock exhaust, but they are right by putting it on you run the chance of getting a ticket plain and simple. so if you have the money or patience to get pulled over for you exhaust then more power to you!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by norice137 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks 4 the WONDERFUL input 2 my SHITTY question Soccerking3000...u tell my the justice in giving all the japanese cars tickets when harleys and choppers come by with stright pipes that are 3 times as loud as mine? i understand that the police to put their lives on the line 4 us...but its not like they're perfect...a warning would have been sufficient and i would have done something about it...</TD></TR></TABLE>
now to move on to this i will tell you what the courts will tell you seeing as i was with my cousin when he went to court over his exhaust ticket. they will tell you that since the harley came from the factory like that then it is legal like that. and since our honda's dont come with our way quieter and less annoying exhaust that it is illegal to modify it. some of you might also ask about why trucks can put a full 4in exhaust in and not get pulled over. the courts reasoning is that trucks are meant to pull things there for they need the extra power that the exhaust gives them.
now please dont argue with me this stuff came straight from a judges mouth and i think that it is a gay as you think it is but we just have to deal we it!
Old 07-08-2005, 08:51 AM

Default Re: f@#$ing cops (JDMSiGuy17)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMSiGuy17 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">now to move on to this i will tell you what the courts will tell you seeing as i was with my cousin when he went to court over his exhaust ticket. they will tell you that since the harley came from the factory like that then it is legal like that. and since our honda's dont come with our way quieter and less annoying exhaust that it is illegal to modify it. some of you might also ask about why trucks can put a full 4in exhaust in and not get pulled over. the courts reasoning is that trucks are meant to pull things there for they need the extra power that the exhaust gives them.
now please dont argue with me this stuff came straight from a judges mouth and i think that it is a gay as you think it is but we just have to deal we it!</TD></TR></TABLE>
Wow, and there is nothing you can say to the judge that would be a valid argument against his reasoning. Ain't that a bitch?
Old 07-08-2005, 09:05 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks 4 the WONDERFUL input 2 my SHITTY question Soccerking3000...u tell my the justice in giving all the japanese cars tickets when harleys and choppers come by with stright pipes that are 3 times as loud as mine? i understand that the police to put their lives on the line 4 us...but its not like they're perfect...a warning would have been sufficient and i would have done something about it...</TD></TR></TABLE>

man that was what i was JUST gonna SAY..nicely worded, except about the guy who wrote about how the cops dont pick and choose the law and all that other shiz nitz!!! its all a lie, i think you must drive blind folded or some shizz, man open your eyes once in awhile. How is it that ONLY imports get pulled over for loud exhaust?? Hmm makes me wonder, where are the cops when old school muscles cars are around REVING thier a$$es off on the streets, to where you can practically hear it practically a mile away (kinda over exagerating). Another thing, we the imports get pulled over for lowered cars but trucks that are raised higher then me (im 5'6', kinda short but still) get away with it. MAN WTF are you guys talking about. Or how about when cops are speeding on a 35 mph road, to where?? no where probably, or when the cops turn thier siren on and put everyone's lives in danger JUST because they dont feel like staying another 30 seconds at the stop light!! I am guessing that its okay for cops/troopers to go 10-15 mph over the speed limit but WE the citizens cant right? going over the speed limit DOES NOT and i mean DOES NOT protect us! come on ppl, I dont care who or what they are, they musy OBEY the laws just like us. They (the PIGS) are citizens too, arent they? or are they GOD, living on earth! I am also guessing that it is OK for them to break the law but not us correct?? Why do they get "special" privaleges with things EVEN though they know that they are putting thier lives in danger going into that career!! DON'T USE THAT LAME EXCUSE WITH ME HERE BUDDY! THAT MEANS CRAP TO ME! (by the way my bro is a peace officer too, we ARGUE about things like this everyday, but he wont dare pull me over for my exhasut because he has a FAT one on his car too,hahahah)

AS you can see how much I hate cops, but see my point is if you are a good cop, you should be EQUAL with the laws and TREAT everyone/everyhting just as equal! (as in cars and thier exhaust) WOW like my mini book i just wrote! thanks for reading it!! COPS (pigs)
Old 07-08-2005, 09:11 AM

Default Re: f@#$ing cops (wagonis)

LOL that a GAY reason, for me saying that I can back that up. Remember those are "american" cars. NOT imports, I betcha 110% that if a Tacoma had that 4" exhaust AND raised, man he would get pulled over in a SEC! Judge, man Judge my a$$, he is with the law, gotta remember that too! Ok, so what about this, my bro has an Evo 8, and you know how loud thier "stock" exhaust is when idling?? Yup, he got pulled over eventually, at a stop light, a FREAKIN stop light, and again its STOCK! now how fair is that?? so if you are all going with this law crap, explain WHY my bro still had to pay for is exhaust ticket when it was STOCK! Pigs , cant beat'em, so join them and start handing out tickets to the freakin muscle cars, LOL that what my bro does....hahahahaha..got'cha back ya american cars!!

Quick Reply: f@#$ing cops