experiences with DC Sports headers

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2001, 10:42 PM
kit
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default experiences with DC Sports headers

Hi
I have a 98 EK4, it is mechanically very similar to the US Si, but it is a hatchback.
engine is a b16a2.

I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with DC Sports headers for the b16a engine.

and what sort of power gains are we talking about?

my power mods are only a custom CAI, and a straight through muffler

thanks
Chris
Old 09-10-2001, 04:32 AM

Default Re: experiences with DC Sports headers (kit)

Well, they seem to be the most popular for N/A engines, but that does not mean they are the best. I have not experienced any problems with mine, but then again I have only had them on for 3 months. There was a topic on this not too long ago about the reliability and they have been known to crack around some of the welds.

As far as hp, don't expect anything too significant. Maybe 5-11, but I'm sure closer to 5.
Old 09-10-2001, 08:42 AM
New User

Default Re: experiences with DC Sports headers (maxim_force)

yah dont bother goin with the dc b16a ones...just get the b18c1's...they will fit and the header is alot bigger....
Old 09-10-2001, 09:01 AM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go for the stainless if you can afford them, there have been a few reports of the ceramic coated ones cracking... an added bonus is that the stainless look better .

Old 09-10-2001, 11:10 AM
New User

Default Re: experiences with DC Sports headers (spyder)

I've had my CC DC 4-1 for 15 months now and I've had ZERO problems. Gains are not noticable until about 4400, but there was also no loss down low(thanx god, christ there's nothing down low to begin with, but you already knew that).
Old 09-10-2001, 11:30 AM
New User

Default Re: experiences with DC Sports headers (INeedBoost)

I've had my CC DC 4-1 for 15 months now and I've had ZERO problems. Gains are not noticable until about 4400, but there was also no loss down low(thanx god, christ there's nothing down low to begin with, but you already knew that).
Yes, the vast majority of people with CC headers have no problems whatsoever. But I said there have been a FEW reports. I haven't heard any reports about the SS headers cracking. Just letting him know all possibilities, no matter how remote.

Old 09-10-2001, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: experiences with DC Sports headers (spyder)

DC SUCKS!!!!!! every one that I have had broke, friends'---broke, neighbor's---broke, rice boy's in town--- broke.... They suck . <-- PERIOD!
Old 09-10-2001, 11:50 AM
New User

Default Re: experiences with DC Sports headers (advanracing62)

DC SUCKS!!!!!! every one that I have had broke, friends'---broke, neighbor's---broke, rice boy's in town--- broke.... They suck . <-- PERIOD!
Don't have a heart attack there man... it's not worth it just to get a point across.

Old 09-10-2001, 04:02 PM
kit
New User

Hi Guys,
thanks for your replies..
I'm stuck in a bit of a dilemma now.
cos I actually found a 2nd hand set of the DC headers for sale. now I dont know whether to get them or not! hehehe
not sure how much they are going for though.

Advan: I am actually quite suprised your headers broke, and all of the other guys you knew had broken headers too... did you try and chase it up with DC?
and also, did you make sure your exhaust systems had a flexi joint in it?

Chris
Old 09-10-2001, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

none of em had flex joints, I had a JG header and it didn't break, and when everyon else got rid of their headers they kept the same set up and so far no probs... none of us have a flex joint now either... been about 2 years for me... less for others... We did call DC and they told us that the would look into the problem if we sent our headers in... some did and others didn't the one's who did got a new header that did the same thing so they said hell with it... If you can get the DC for like 40 bucks and need something now and will change it later go for ****...
Old 09-10-2001, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

best header for the money... shell out an extra 100 bucks and get an apexi, or shell out an extra 400 bucks and get a spoon...

if all motor is your route save all money and go with the spoon... you wont regret the purchase, and no its not the best cause its by spoon or any bullshit jdm crap like that its because its dyno proven to make the most power.

there are better jdm headers like the feels or the rsr type r header (you will never hear of one in the states as they are rare as **** not that bs racing beat used to sell)

I would stay away from dc though...
Old 09-10-2001, 05:24 PM
Banned

Default Re: experiences with DC Sports headers (137)

DC sucks. Anything that is CARB Legal is not worth getting. Save a little more and go with JDM Integra Type R headers.
Old 09-11-2001, 04:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: experiences with DC Sports headers (FastxCivic)

I wanted to get the feels header too. Either that or the backyard special or if I had a choice I would have gotten fujitsubo or some jdm header but there hard as hell to find. I'm going to japan on feburary and probably buy one there..... otherwise I'll go with DC cuz the price is just to good to pass up. 4-1 SS for $295 is what I can get it for.. since its such a good deal.. I migh end up getting that instead of paying 600 or 700 for a nicer jdm IMO.