Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

exhaust ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust ?

this is dumb i know, but i thought ide ask just for the hell of it.

i love burnouts, i know its a waist of rubber and hard on your engine but i love to see the smoke roll past my window and the smell of burnt rubber. then looking back at 2 15ft long black streaks on the pavment. i removed the fart can from my car and just have the catback and stock muffler on, i like the low quiet sound of just the cat without a big fat fart can screaming over the sound of the engine. however now that ive replaced the can i cant seem to get a good burnout to save my life. itll still spin but i just cant smoke up the intersection like i had been.

i didnt think a muffler would make that much of a difference, i really hate the angry bumble bee sound on most hondas but i want my smokng tires back. would a header make much of a difference and what are the differences between 4-2-1 and 4-1 and why that change of muffler makes much of a difference when the car still runs just as fast as it did with the big fart can

spare me the flames for liking to burn up my tires, itss my car ill spin them if i want
Old 09-29-2006, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: exhaust ? (o0Jash0o)

The proposed 4-5HP gain from the "Fart can" would not be enough to kill your "Burnout machine" - It's quite possible that you've killed your clutch with some convenient timing, other than that...I doubt your stock muffler/cat is holding back enough to make a noteable diffrence, unless the stock cat is broken apart inside and holding back flow.

...Or, could it possibly be the ricer gods telling you to stop doing burnouts through intersections unless you have a deafening high pitched grapefruit shooter sticking out the back of your car?
Old 09-29-2006, 06:57 PM

Default Re: exhaust ? (o0Jash0o)

It shouldn't of made that much of a difference...what size is your exhaust piping? The stock muffler is a downgrade but only a few ponies which is worth it too most people, rather being loud and obnoxious. Even if you get a header you will still have that restriction at the end of your exhaust...not to mention you need a good header to gain decent hp ($$$). 4-1 is for top end...4-2-1 is for mid-range to top end. With a cheap header like off Ebay you can actually lose hp...if you're looking for a reaonsable solution try and find a es oval, ws2, or exmag muffler that flows better then stock but still retains it's "quietness."
Old 09-30-2006, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: exhaust ? (Froth)

well my catback did snap at the flange i had it re welded back together, it was roken off right behind the catalidic converter. what that make any difference?

clutch still shifting just fine
and gods hate me

2inch piping i beleive
Old 09-30-2006, 09:31 AM

how much is left on your clutch plate has jack sh*t to do with shifting just fine, shifts might actually start feeling smoother.

If you took it to a shitty welder its posible they penetrated too deep, and now you have bigass piles of weld along the inside of the exhaust, maybe making your 2 inch pipe 1.75 inch at taht point..... not to mention the air turbulance created by inner penetration on shitty welds
Old 09-30-2006, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You just *** fucked your clutch. You don't think there's anything wrong - it doesn't slip or anything..but you can't burnout worth of ****. Happend to me 'n my probe. You probably won't be able to chirp the tires anymore either...but civics usually don't chirp the tires....