Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Everyone who has had car stolen answer please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Everyone who has had car stolen answer please!!!

I got my car jacked over a month ago in charlotte uncc area, it was found about 4 days after it was stolen. My question is how long has it taken you guys to get your car back and fixed, (If it has been recovered obviously) I still don't have mine fixed and it's really screwing me over when it comes to work,etc. I think this is wayyyyy to long but just wanted to check with you guys too. I've been bitching there heads off and still no results, state farm sucks! If this needs to be moved then do so, just didn't know where to post cause I am not on here often. Thanks
Old 09-19-2005, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Everyone who has had car stolen answer please!!! (carolinahondaboy)

mine got recovered the same night. it wasn't the amount of stuff that they stole it was amount of damage that they cause to the car. so i said **** this, even if i do fix it, i'll be paranoid as hell each time i leave it unsupervised. i dunno, just a thought. i just feel if your is worth it for someone to steal it in the first place, they or someone else will try to again. even in this forum, i'm constantly hearing/ reading about some car that just got stolen... it's just depressing.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My car was stolen last week, they found it 2 days later, thank god they only stole ecu and my cluster. Cops found it on the interstate abandoned
Old 09-19-2005, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RonMexic07)

mine got stolen a while back... i got it back put everything back to stock and sold it... everytime i looked at it i was afraid to leave it anywhere.. so i just sold it
Old 09-19-2005, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EeeJayEight)

my girls 240 was stolen and she recovered it like 2 months later...all in one piece no damage just her stereo was took thats all but it was 2 MONTHS
Old 09-19-2005, 04:13 PM

My car has been stolen twice.
The first time it was found 8 days later and took 4 1/2 weeks to get fixed.
I actually made about $800 extra from the insurance company, so i bought an alarm and special lugnuts.
Three weeks later it got stolen again. took 4 days to recover, 3 weeks to repair.
they couldn't get my rims off that time. made about $400 extra from insurance.
Both times they took my intake, stereo, tach, and shift ****, and the first time they got my rims.
After that i wired a "fuel pump cutoff switch".
My car hasn't been touched by thiefs in over two years now.
Of course, they probably just realized that i have the stock motor in a EK hatch and it was a waste of time.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:32 PM

if ur ignition is fucked... it will take longer... by the way which insurance company is helping?
Old 09-19-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Everyone who has had car stolen answer please!!! (milton)

He said State Farm in his first post. Sorry if I'm steppin on toes.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My wife (GF at the time) has her civic stolen and recovered the same day. We went through hell with the ins co becasue they tried to put an 80k plus cluster in her car that only had 52k miles. Plus the dealer put a bunch of used plastics back on the int and even replaced the SI boot and shiftknob that was in it (that was not stolen) with a stock TORN and ripped boot and ****. Needless to say I was kinda pissed. I think Ins is a big scam anyway. You pay and pay and pay but when you need it, you are treated like a criminal.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:35 AM

Default Re: (upgraded)

Whodat very depressing my friend. I don't know what to do. They will be giving me enough money for quite a bit more mods but I'm scared to do anything more. Yeah the ignition was bigtime FUCKED!!! I guess that is why dude, but state farm has really been of no help, just slowing it down as much as possible basically. Thanks for all the replies, advice sell or keep??? Anybody got it jacked again after keeping it? That is my main concern obviously. And yeah man absolutely right about insurance, total waste I would literally be hardly better off without it ahah.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:45 AM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Default Re: (RonMexic07)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RonMexic07 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My car was stolen last week, they found it 2 days later, thank god they only stole ecu and my cluster. Cops found it on the interstate abandoned </TD></TR></TABLE>

You're lucky.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:51 AM

My Civic got stole Sunday night and recovered a few hours later in a residental neighborhood completly stripped..They took everything but the seats,motor,shell. Everything else was gone. They almost had the motor out..either it got to dark to finish or they saw the cop coming and took off..Took my hood,fenders,front bumper cover,etc..everything but what I stated above.