Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ever had a van land on your civic? (56k go for it thats what im on)

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 08:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ever had a van land on your civic? (56k go for it thats what im on)

well thursday at around 1:50PM im crusing down rt 30 (a highway locals will know) east in the fast lane minding my own bussiness when apparently a bonnieville (driven by an 84 year old man) BACKED out of a parking lot at "a high rate of speed" according to an eyewitness (remember this is a highway). directly into the front end of a chevy 1/2 ton panel van (traviling at about 40-45 mph). well i just so happened to be in the fast lane next to him. my front bumper was about lined up with his rear bumper but the impact caused the front end of the van to lift off the ground (a couple inches) and gave my car enough time to make its way underneith the drivers side door. so basically the van landed on my fender and hood.

all i heard was a crash and seen the van lift. i had absolutly no time to react but enough to know not to swearve into the oncoming lane. (this is about a 2 mile streach of road that has alot of bussiness nad there was no jersey barrier) turns out both the van and the bonniville were both totaled and i guess i was the lucky one. i just had bad back pain that is starting to subside. the driver of the van was alright but the 84 year old man pioleting the bonniville was taken to the nearest hospital (withing visible range of the scene) and eventually life flighted to pittsburgh. his wife was in the passenger seat and was in shock the whole time and was able to walk but wouldnt say much when i asked her if she wanted help out of the car.

anyhow im the lucky one i guess but im pretty sure the old man was in very bad shape. because he didnt know where he was what his name was or his age. and was very badly brused from his head the whole way down his arm and hand. the seat was sitting at about a 45 degree angle from where it should have been.

anyhow here are the pics:

all the chips and dents you see are frim the rear window of the bonniville

i dont think its totaled but im just hopeing i can get reinbursed for the hood and wheel. im just glad things wernt any worse and hope the old man is alright but this just renforces my thoughts on the elderly and driving
Old 09-11-2004, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

pics dont work. Man thats sucks though.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:17 AM

Default Re: (Luserkid)

yea get those pics working so i can see...
Old 09-11-2004, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hondainspired)

damn i reallly want to see those pics
Old 09-11-2004, 08:48 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (vtec69)

i call bs
Old 09-11-2004, 09:06 AM
Ditto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Yanta)

pictures aren't working
Old 09-11-2004, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RotiEatter)

I can see the pics. You got lucky. Too bad for pops tho....
Old 09-11-2004, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (spyderracing32)

From what you told us your damages are nothing compared to what should have happened.

For everyone that isnt a member to that site, like me, you have to right click - Properties - copy the address and put it in another window. Until someone hosts it
Old 09-11-2004, 09:23 AM

Default Re: ever had a van land on your civic? (88hondahatch)

Sucky, but the car dosent look that bad. If i dident know better i call you a liar. If the van landed on your car like you said i think your hood would be dented up somewhat, And your fenders would be crushed from the top going down rather then like you sideswiped something. But i sapose it would of just barely touched your car on the way down. Either way that sucks
Old 09-11-2004, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ever had a van land on your civic? (steve123)

picy no worky
Old 09-11-2004, 09:47 AM
Economic Upturn, WUT

Default Re: ever had a van land on your civic? (Art In Motion)

worthless host, send them to me and ill host them.
Old 09-11-2004, 09:53 AM
foz

Default Re: ever had a van land on your civic? (Vanquish II)

from the sounds of it I was expecting worse, re-host those pics, 'cuz I was too lazy to right click and re-open....

but from the look of it , still suxs
Old 09-11-2004, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ever had a van land on your civic? (88hondahatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 88hondahatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my front bumper was about lined up with his rear bumper but the impact caused the front end of the van to lift off the ground (a couple inches) and gave my car enough time to make its way underneith the drivers side door. so basically the van landed on my fender and hood.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i dont understand....how did you get under the vans door i thought you were in the lane next to him what did you swerve over under it?, where did the old man hit his van to make it lift? this doesnt make any sense
Old 09-11-2004, 10:06 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Yanta &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i call bs</TD></TR></TABLE>

i was driving next to the van and the impact caused the front end of the van to lift and be pushed into my lane while i was next to it therefore it landed on my car. if it wasnt for me being underneith it the van would have rolled. my car was pushed by the rocker panel of the van coming to rest on my fender the way the top o fmy fender was kinked in 2 places as well as the vertical scraping on the top of the fender verify this

read before you post jackass

yea i got lucky but the glass from the rear window of the bonniville came as a shower and caused the decklid damage as well as some chips in my sunroof and rear passenger side window.

i just dropped it off at the body shop and being that he is a family friend hes going to take care of me, and garenteed that i get what is deserved for the aftermarked parts on my car.

im swapping up the look for JDM headlights/corners and one of those new vis OEM carbon hoods with the full carbon skelton too. the wheel will be replaced no problems.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (88hondahatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 88hondahatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
read before you post jackass</TD></TR></TABLE>
**** you speak english when you post jackass
Old 09-11-2004, 10:13 AM

Default Re: (Art In Motion)

i was refering to yantas post sorry the missunderstanding is fixed now
Old 09-11-2004, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (88hondahatch)