Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ever had that loving feeling?....then its gone...gone...gone....

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2002, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ever had that loving feeling?....then its gone...gone...gone....

ok...i was beginning to like my hatch again after i got my stern rims, and made a deal to get gsr leather seats for it. now im starting to hate it again. i'm having too many probs maintaining this car.
ok..here's the prob....just recently a friend of mine installed a fuel filter for me. saturday afternoon to be exact. it ran fine until yesterday. i had a bad time starting it. after the car started...it almost shut down..i had to keep hitting the gas just to get it back to its normal state. then today...i start the car..drive it for one block..and the car shuts down on me. then when i try to start...it wouldn't untill like after a few tries. could this be the fuel filter problem? i mean..how could he possibly mess up the install? it was only two bolts. i tried checking w/ a flashlight...its too dark right now...it looks fine to me. could it be a bad fuel pump? i tried using the search on symptoms of a bad fuel pump but nothing showed. somebody please help. i want to love my car again.....

btw...i have tranny probs too....but i wont get into that....
Old 10-01-2002, 06:43 PM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ever had that loving feeling?....then its gone...gone...gone.... (krazn)

a fuel filter can cause that, but its not hard at all to hookup so i think that problem may be more complicated than you think or may have looked into..

a couple other things to check out while your doing maintience to the car is your plugs and wires.. my civic was running like total **** then i thought i needed a new alternator at first cause of the problems it was doing, but after replacing the fuel filter, plugs, wires, and a some fuel treatment. the car ran fine w/ no problems at all and has been doing good since..
Old 10-01-2002, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ever had that loving feeling?....then its gone...gone...gone.... (95CivicEX)

thanks for the reply.....but i did all of that already. the only thing left was the fuel filter..so i asked my boy to do it...since i was working on exchaning the rims. im' hoping he messed up and didn't tighten the bolt....but why would i have problems now if the bolts weren't tighten? shouldn't i have had problems on saturday instead of monday then? wish i had a garage...this is buggin me. cars suck when its not working right....i have a test tomorrow too...i hope i make it to school.
Old 10-01-2002, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ever had that loving feeling?....then its gone...gone...gone.... (krazn)

my car
Old 10-01-2002, 07:24 PM
jus f0 dekarayshunZ

i hate my car sometimes to....if i race then i lose to someone i usually smoke ...i get pissed(needs 2 quarts of oil) or when my car lags like hell and it just sucks i want to get out of this car thing...i think its just a phase...dont give up
Old 10-01-2002, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ever had that loving feeling?....then its gone...gone...gone.... (CiRcUiTsi)

thanks for the encouragement....anyone else lose that loving feeling??
Old 10-01-2002, 07:46 PM
dAng!

that loving feeling? yeah, she moved to texas.

as far as your car, check your distributor and rotor button.
Old 10-01-2002, 07:50 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: ever had that loving feeling?....then its gone...gone...gone.... (Black Light)

Cars are up and down...just like a relationship, work hard for your car and treat it right, understand when stuff breaks-cause it is just metal...and be there to listen(a joke on this one). But I go through the same thing, stuff sucks
Old 10-01-2002, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ever had that loving feeling?....then its gone...gone...gone.... (Black Light)

that loving feeling? yeah, she moved to texas.
mine is gone too.... for u.... for me...
Old 10-01-2002, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

relationships with our cars is give and take.
Old 10-01-2002, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ever had that loving feeling?....then its gone...gone...gone.... (bretx0r)

Nothing but love for my car ! I've been through 3 trannies, my motor just seized up a few weeks ago, still trying to figure out what happened, my turbo is having problems, my timing is way off! but I still love my car. I devote to much to my car to just let it die. Yeah it acts up but when it runs, it runs!