Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Erebuni M3 mirror install (96 Civic Sdn) - Review and Howto

NOPI Part numbers:
875+1073 = 3 Wire M3 Power Mirrors
892+0034 = Mirror bracket Civic 4dr 96-00

First off let me say that if I wouldn't buy these again because:
1. They didn't even come close to fitting the car correctly out of the box
2. One of the mirrors was internally wired in reverse so U=D and D=U
3. The screws they included were so cheap they actually broke off when I tried to UNSCREW it from the plastic..

Ok, so now on to the install. I only had time to list the modification steps, so you'll have to fill in the blanks to figure out all the steps.

1. Remove your old factory mirrors and cut the white connector off leaving as much wiring hanging off as possible. Make sure you unscrew the connector from the old mirror first. You may also need to adjust the wire inside the housing with a long thin screw driver to get more slack.

2. drill the 3 mount holes a bit in your car door to make the holes more oblong shaped.

3. Trim the 3 pegs in the mirror bracket to make the 2 lower pegs about 1.6cm and the top peg about 1.3cm. You may need to carefully drill into the hole to get some extra depth.

4. Cut the lower ridge off one side of the triangular seal that came off the factory mirror. This will help it fit the new mirror bracket.

5. Using the 3 bolts from the old mirror, screw them into the 3 pegs in the new mounting bracket. Screw the new mirrors into their mounting brackets and test fit the entire assembly on the car including the triangular seal.

6. If you're satisfied with the fitment, fill the mounting pegs with epoxy and screw the bolts into the holes. Make sure you put them in all the way, but don't overtighten.

7. Take a multimeter with a DC voltage settting and figure out which wires control the U+D and L+R on your car. The ground wires were grey on the drivers side and pink on the passengers side for me. You should see +12 or -12 on the mutlimeter when you have it hooked up correctly while moving the mirror control pad in the car. Make sure you solder these wires together correctly with the new mirror according to the instructions that came with the mirror. (using the white connector, don't just solder them right to the car wiring...) I also recommend using electrical tape to keep everything insulated from each other.

8. After the epoxy has set, assemble all the pieces and attach it to the car.

Expect your new mirrors to vibrate much more than the OEM mirrors and also give you a much narrower field of vision.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Erebuni M3 mirror install (96 Civic Sdn) - Review and Howto (hondapwr)

this a useless how to thread

98 is calling and wants its mirrors back for a bmw

Old 12-17-2006, 10:19 AM
NMZ
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Erebuni M3 mirror install (Turbo_y8)

M3 mirrors????
Old 12-18-2006, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Erebuni M3 mirror install (Turbo_y8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo_y8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this a useless how to thread
98 is calling and wants its mirrors back for a bmw
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I needed a new mirror because the original mirror was broken off while the car was parked on the street. These mirrors had anti-glare coating so I bought them, not realizing they were such a pain to install.

You've asked this forum for alot of help with your D16Y8 this past June, so I'm surprized to see you rip into someone just for posting some technical information.

By the way, I don't think anyone wants appearance advice from someone that drives an Oldsmobile..
Old 12-18-2006, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damnit, did i go to apc forum again, NOPE, this is TECH.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:57 PM

Default Re: (schardbody)

A quick search of the 92-00 Civic/Del Sol forums returns the following:
1. paint prep questions
2. fixing a cracked cf hood??
3. White or yellow fogs for rain?
4. pic request: white 99-00 si clones or repaints

Yet I'm the guy you want to pick on?
Old 12-18-2006, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (hondapwr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondapwr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A quick search of the 92-00 Civic/Del Sol forums returns the following:
1. paint prep questions
2. fixing a cracked cf hood??
3. White or yellow fogs for rain?
4. pic request: white 99-00 si clones or repaints

Yet I'm the guy you want to pick on?</TD></TR></TABLE>

no, i would really like for all these NON-tech questions to be moved, but im not the person to do that. not really picking on you by the way, just messing around, wasting time to daylight.