Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Engine Swap Questions. Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Swap Questions. Please Help!

Well i have a few questions. First off my friend has a 94 del sol si w/a d16z6 automatic. He just bought a b16a1 w/ a 5 speed tranny. We have had a few problems with installing it and nobody can seem to give us a straight answer so thats why im here now asking you guys.

First question would be about the motor mounts. What motor mounts do we need to use other then the Hasport kit. Like what year, car, engine, etc... ??

Second of all , what shift linkages do we need to use??(what car, year, etc...)

And last, since its auto now and we're makin it 5 speed, what all do we need to get?? will it have to be hydro or cable tranny? where can we get the pedal assembly? what all will be included in the assembly??

i guess thats it, im sorry for all of the questions that everyone on here probably knows but im just gettin really frustrated with all of this and just want to get it all figured out. If anyone has anyhign to add then that would be great. Thanks
Old 07-28-2003, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i believe the b16a1 has a cable tranny. you should be able to find the extra parts (clutch and brake pedal assembly, cable lines, etc.) from a junk/salvage yard.
Old 07-28-2003, 09:53 PM
ninjaMONKEY

Default Re: (S8P-tuner)

Its probably better to sell the tranny and get a hydraulic one. Go to salvage yards and honda/acura dismantlers and get the clutch master cylinder from a manual del sol, as well as the clutch lines and a manual pedal assembly from a del sol. I know you can buy universal ones that can be shaped and cut if you can't get factory ones. Not only will it be better in the long run but you can set up all the motor mounts as they should be in that car and can use stock del sol mounts.

Also you should fix the positioning of the tranny side motor mount.
On my friends auto EG the tranny mount is farther back then it is on a manual. This should be true for the del sols as well. Better to cut off the tranny side mount and re-weld a 5 spd one, you can purchase it from a honda dealer. If you don't you will go through a lot of trannys after blowing the syncros due to the fact that the motor doesn't sit right. My friend has gone through 4 trannys in the past 2 years.

Or you can just hook up the cable tranny but ur going to need crx pedals for that. and wont be able to hook up the vibration mounts on the front of the motor.

Modified by ninjaMONKEY at 11:15 PM 7/28/2003