Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Engine Swap Parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Swap Parts

Common motor swaps that require more than just a direct bolt on installation, this is a list of things needed in order to have your car correspond with the new motor.

Transmission, ECU, axles, half shaft, and shift linkage.

H22A
Transmission, ECU, shift linkage, 94+ Integra axles, Motor Mount kit, and 94+ Integra GS-R wiring harness.

Transmission, ECU, axles, half shaft, and shift linkage.

H22A
Transmission, ECU, OBD2 to OBD1 wiring jumper harness, shift linkage, 94+ Integra axles, Motor Mount kit, and 94+ Integra GS-R wiring harness.

Transmission, ECU, OBD2 to OBD1 wiring jumper harness, axles, half shaft, shift linkage, and 99-00 Civic SI rear engine mount.

Transmission, ECU, OBD2 to OBD1 wiring jumper harness, axles, half shaft, shift linkage, and 99-00 Civic SI rear engine mount.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Engine Swap Parts

on the first one your missing the rear t bracket
and why do you have to have a gsr wiring harness? for the h22?
and for the 96+ why do you have to convert to obd1, some of those like the b16 came obd2...
in my opinion this thread is going to give some false info, some stuff people might take to heart, i would either
A be a whole hell of alot more detailed in your post,
or
B dont post till you know exactly what your talking about..
Old 06-02-2010, 12:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Completely WRONG! I agree with freeagent on B
Old 06-03-2010, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im definately missing the T bracket, that slipped my mind, thanks for pointing it out, as far as the gsr wireing harness, its a lot easier to work with (keep in mind its also for integras, not just civics) and yeah i was planning on going a lot more in detail but quite frankly i was tired as hell and didnt have the time to do so at that perticular time, dont worry it will be fixed/more info added soon!
Old 06-03-2010, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

pretty sure an h22 harness would be alot easier then a GSR harness for an h22 engine.

and if you want ease put in the wiring harness too. yes you could cut and solder your old one but its way easier to just use the new one on any of the bseries.

next time don't post til its done and done right, cuz someone might just pop on see this grab all that and made it that much harder for himself.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah idk wtf u were thinking (ur right u wernt thinking) when u decided to post this.....especially when theres a sticky already covering this info....the correct info
Old 06-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TylerWestPwnz
im definately missing the T bracket, that slipped my mind, thanks for pointing it out, as far as the gsr wireing harness, its a lot easier to work with (keep in mind its also for integras, not just civics) and yeah i was planning on going a lot more in detail but quite frankly i was tired as hell and didnt have the time to do so at that perticular time, dont worry it will be fixed/more info added soon!
Even if you go into detail your still wrong.. almost everything you put down doesn't really help at all.

1. You don't necessary have to use a Gsr harness for your swap. Its an option and not mandatory. Its always recommended to reuse your original harness for the swap. Just modify the sensor plugs. Even if you use a Gsr harness for the h22 swap, your still going to need to modify the plugs like extended alot of the wires, replace the oil switch plugs, replace the reverse light plugs and etc..

2. You can't use 94+ axles on an h22 swap. You need to use the other 93 Integra axles as well as the intermediate shaft in order to make it work if you plan on keeping it oem. Otherwise you need to go aftermarket.

3. You don't necessarily have to convert your 96-00 motor to obd1. You can keep it obd2 and there are a variety of ways to do so.

4. You don't necessarily have to use an h22 ecu for an h22 swap. You can use a Gsr ecu as well since it has the IAB option and it doesn't look for an EGR valve which is easier for wiring.

5. Then you placed 98-00 Civics in same model year which is completely wrong. Its 96-98 Civics and 99-00 Civics. Then there are different models which are also important considering you might have a Civic si which doesn't require a wire harness and then there are Non Civic Si which do require either from a Civic Ex or Civic Si.

*I can go on and on how your information is false but I don't want to sound like a dick. Everyone else just ignore this information and do some real research. But hey, at least you tried to help out but make sure you know what your talking about before you post something up.

*Anyone with any questions regarding a swap or engine harness wiring just PM and Ill be happy to try and help out.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by raidacaipo
Even if you go into detail your still wrong.. almost everything you put down doesn't really help at all.

1. You don't necessary have to use a Gsr harness for your swap. Its an option and not mandatory. Its always recommended to reuse your original harness for the swap. Just modify the sensor plugs. Even if you use a Gsr harness for the h22 swap, your still going to need to modify the plugs like extended alot of the wires, replace the oil switch plugs, replace the reverse light plugs and etc..

2. You can't use 94+ axles on an h22 swap. You need to use the other 93 Integra axles as well as the intermediate shaft in order to make it work if you plan on keeping it oem. Otherwise you need to go aftermarket.

3. You don't necessarily have to convert your 96-00 motor to obd1. You can keep it obd2 and there are a variety of ways to do so.

4. You don't necessarily have to use an h22 ecu for an h22 swap. You can use a Gsr ecu as well since it has the IAB option and it doesn't look for an EGR valve which is easier for wiring.

5. Then you placed 98-00 Civics in same model year which is completely wrong. Its 96-98 Civics and 99-00 Civics. Then there are different models which are also important considering you might have a Civic si which doesn't require a wire harness and then there are Non Civic Si which do require either from a Civic Ex or Civic Si.

*I can go on and on how your information is false but I don't want to sound like a dick. Everyone else just ignore this information and do some real research. But hey, at least you tried to help out but make sure you know what your talking about before you post something up.

*Anyone with any questions regarding a swap or engine harness wiring just PM and Ill be happy to try and help out.
YOUR my HERO..lol i didnt have the patience to write all that