Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Engine just turns off....

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine just turns off....

I need some help I have a 92 civic cx hatchback
and for some reason sometimes it just turns whether its idling of not. and when you leaving there for like an hour it turns back on and runs fine for a few days then it comes back and it restarts its cycle all over again what might be the problem?
Old 04-16-2008, 10:04 AM

Default Re: Engine just turns off.... (crazyeg6)

possible ignition switch failure. need more info. does all the lights in the gauge cluster go out too? or just motor dies? etc etc. more details you give, better and more help can be provided
Old 04-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Engine just turns off.... (crazyeg6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crazyeg6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I need some help I have a 92 civic cx hatchback
and for some reason sometimes it just turns whether its idling of not. and when you leaving there for like an hour it turns back on and runs fine for a few days then it comes back and it restarts its cycle all over again what might be the problem?</TD></TR></TABLE>

In order to get proper help you really need to restructure this sentence, it is really hard to understand your question. Here is what I assumed you were trying to say:

"I need some help on a '92 Civic CX hatchback. For some reason the car turns off while driving. When the car sits for an hour or so I can turn it on, everything seems fine but then it eventually turns off again."

Can you please give us some history about the car? Something that you or someone else has done is more than likely causing the problem. For example, I had my car broken into, in the process of trying to steal the car the thief somehow fried my car alarm brain which caused the car to die while I was driving. I had no idea what the problem was at first, I checked the distributor, ignition, alternator, battery, and so on, but until I sat back and thought about the recent current events I would have never thought my car alarm was the problem.