Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

energy suspension bushings

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 04:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default energy suspension bushings

black or red? i know what the differece is but what have you guys used? which do you like better and why? thanks
Old 06-16-2007, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: energy suspension bushings (jonnydbagz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jonnydbagz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">black or red? i know what the differece is but what have you guys used? which do you like better and why? thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Color

Energy Suspension makes parts in 2 colors. Red and Black.

How are these two colors different?

The only difference between the red and black parts is that most Black Energy Suspension parts are Graphite Impregnated. This serves to help self lubricate the bushings. The Red parts do not have this characteristic. Aside from the actual color and the lack of being Graphite Impregnated - the red parts are essentially the same as the black.

I thought that the RED parts were harder and more performance oriented?

This is a common misconception. The red parts have the same durometer (hardness) as the Black parts and differ only in their actual appearance (color) and the fact that they're NOT graphite impregnated like the Black parts.

Why do people buy the red parts when they're not Graphite Impregnated like the Black parts?

In the end this is really because some people simplylike the color Red more than Black.</TD></TR></TABLE>