Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EMERGENCY Some 1 Please Help ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EMERGENCY Some 1 Please Help ASAP!

Let me start off by saying . . . my car was boosted, but the kit has been off my car for about a month now. We recently compression checked my motor since it has 146k on it and it was about 187 across the board.

Yesterday we were just cruising . . . decided to go into Jamba Juice and get something to drink, came back out started the car and it stalled right after it started. I waited a minute and started it back up to it sounding funny . . . . it is idling weird, it just doesn't sound right.

The idle will sometimes drop really ridiculously low like 400 ish and you can kinda hear a little squeek and it will either die out or just rough idle. The car runs perefectly fine when driving it, but it's overall sound, and performance sucks. I would say yesterday it must have stalled out about 20 times within just a couple hours.

Today we went out and just were cruisng again . . . my friend decided to drive the car at a moderate pace then he slowly sped up to about 100mph and the CEL kicked in . . . we were pulling over to check the code when the car felt like it was in serious limp mode! I watched as he was trying to keep the car alive by hitting the gas but the motor seemed like it was not getting fuel at all . . . I was watching my vafc as he hit the throttle and it just sputtered as we crawled over to the far lane and pulled over. He turned off the car and I was going to check the code but when I turned the car back on the CEL Light was gone . . .

\we gave it a rest for about 10 minutes and drove the car really light all the way home and are now trouble shooting what it could be.

I have:

1992 Honda Civic EX 4 Door
D16z6
VAFC
my injectors are still in and have been in since I was boosted, but I have not had any problems with them until yesterday

DSM 450's (Resistor Box) as well
the motor has 146k it has been trowing a CEL every now and then #43 Fuel System

My Walboro 255LPH is still in . . . . Fuel filter is some what new maybe 6-7k on it, just recently changed the oil . . . . . if you guys have any suggestions please let me know . . . I need some serious HELP!

Thanks Everyone
Old 02-19-2004, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

those injectors seen a little large for a all moter d16, maby the injectors are shot, i would try throwing the stock inj back in, its worth a shot if you still have them.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:35 PM

Default Re: EMERGENCY Some 1 Please Help ASAP! (Vtec92Civic)

pull the code.
Just because the cel went off doesn't mean the code is gone. The ecu will store the code until it's reset. Sounds like it could be the o2 sensor. My are did the same thing, and it ended up being my o2 sensor.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (vtekthis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtekthis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">those injectors seen a little large for a all moter d16, maby the injectors are shot, i would try throwing the stock inj back in, its worth a shot if you still have them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Before that, check your battery and alternator.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:45 PM

I agree with "vtekthis" The injectors are too big. You might be dumping too much fuel and be flooding the motor and that could be the reason for are car getting sluggish power. Also check for any loose vacuum lines. See if your spark plugs are still good also. Good luck man.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea, try putting the stock injectors back in.........good luck though
Old 02-19-2004, 06:53 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you all would of been paying attention you would of read that he said he had a vafc also which means he can turn all of that fuel down.

I'm thinking the injectors could just be shot.

Pull the code (even if it isnt blinking)
and come back and give us the info.

goodluck bro
Old 02-19-2004, 06:57 PM

Default Re: (USDMDC2)

i am an alternator fan, check and see if the system is charging, if the battery is goodn, then change the injectors.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:59 PM
local hippie

also, check your plugs & wires.
im having problem with my car right now, i noticed it was kinda hesitating a bit but nothing too noticeable (couple of weeks ago)

last night the car just sputtered like crazy, i couldnt accelerate, eventually at idle as well. i ended up replacing the spark plugs,and turns out the wire from cylinder #2 was corroded on the distributor side. i couldnt get my hands on wires for my sohc so i put a wire from a b16 temporarily. then today i bought mine and on the way home before putting them on the car got worse and threw a CEL (dont know what though) maybe some random misfiring code?... so i replaced the plugs, wires, $cap all in all. hopefully thats all it was... but this just happened so i gotta see tomorrow.

check that stuff out too... wont hurt
good luck
Old 02-19-2004, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EMERGENCY Some 1 Please Help ASAP! (8200RPM)

Alright here's the deal . . . . the code that is threw today and has been throwing for a while is # 43 Fuel Supply System. THe motor has about 145k on it and the o2 sensor I believe is still the stock one.

We did however poor some Sea Foam into the motor as directed to help clean things up and we did a compression check again tonight. I did notice that the white part of the spark plug that connects to the spark plug wires was wet and smelled like the sea foam, but how that part of the plug would have gotten wet I don't know. We poored the sea foam in lastnight or yesterday evening, and tonight when we checked the compression it's reading about 193 across the board and on cylinder one and only cylinder one it's reading 197 . . . . so I know my motor is healthy for the most part, maybe I need to lean it out a bit more or something.

Can anyone suggest some settings for me that just might maybe help a little bit. I would just take out the 450's but I was going to be boosting soon, and if I remove the 450's then I gota take off the resistor box to right? That would only make more work in reconecting all the wires and everything.

Anymore feed back? Thanks for all the great help tonight guy. . . . . it's very much appreciated.