Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Emanage install, help!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emanage install, help!!

Done tye search, i'm installing Ignition and injector harnesses. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:33 AM

Default Re: Emanage install, help!! (Redsun)

You can get the manual from GReddy's site.

Or get one of our PnP harnesses....

Old 08-15-2005, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn, i didn't know about that.
Been on greedy site and can't seem to download the manuals. Links missing.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:42 AM

I can answer all obd1 questions reguarding emanage installation and all additional harnesses. Same with the Profec e-01 electronic boost controller.

1, 2, 3, GO!
Old 08-15-2005, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Pioneer162)

Annnd I can handle a good deal of the OBD2 questions. I'll have to check all of my notes from when I installed all of the **** into my car like 2 years ago first though.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Great!!
OBDI car. Just installed the emanage. I'm stuck on the harness as mentioned before. Don't even know where to start.
All i know is that for ignition, i'm supposed to use the far left (top and bottom pins) on the emanage plug- blue/white wire goes in top and blue/black goes in bottom.
Where on the ecu harness do these join?
Old 08-15-2005, 09:24 AM

Default Re: (Redsun)

A21 and A22 join together for the ignition input to the emanage (C2 if you will), use the emanage output (C1 if you will) and split that into 2 wires again and input those to A21 and A22 on your ecu

should look like this:

|ecu|==>--|emanage|--<==

I think I'm gonna do an OBD1 emanage install write-up when I get some time.

Modified by Pioneer162 at 5:35 AM 8/17/2005

Modified by Pioneer162 at 5:36 AM 8/17/2005
Old 08-16-2005, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

OK i've done it now. I actually installed it like you said but it didn't work. So i had a look at the diagram supplied with the harness and input and out put are the other way around.
Therefore, the input wire joins the two wires from the ecu (input into Emanage) and then output wire joins the two wire to the engine (ignition output to the engine).
So i swapped the wires around and the car still didn't start. Then i remembered about the jumpers on the circuit board. I switched Jumper1 and Jumper2 to 2-3. Car started fine and is running now.
Next is the injector harness!!
I know that the emanage diagram shows the ecu pinouts for the injectors (#1, #2, #3, #4) and i assume the'#E' is for earth. But do i chop these wires going into the ecu or do i just join the emanage harness into the wires? And which color wires do i use of the emanage harness?
Old 08-17-2005, 04:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 08-17-2005, 04:27 AM

check out this link and then this link

you only needed the injector harness if you're running additional injectors. To use it, you would pull the pins/wires out of the harness that came with the emanage and replace them with the wires that came with the injector harness. The only other difference is the wires are longer. So you really only needed the ignition harness. I found that out too. And I should have given you that first link last time, cause it's got the diagram for the ignition harness as well, but it's not drawn for our cars, it's showing for a v6. Let me know how it goes. Oh, and don't 'chop' the injector wires, get some splice clips and just splice into them. I'll grab a picture of mine later and put it up. You're lucky though, all my instructions came in japanese, I had to find all the info online.

Modified by Pioneer162 at 5:38 AM 8/17/2005

Modified by Pioneer162 at 5:39 AM 8/17/2005

Modified by Pioneer162 at 5:41 AM 8/17/2005
Old 08-17-2005, 05:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Cool. So what you're saying is i don't even need to install the injector harness?
Spoke to a friend of mine and he told me that i need different. He also told me how to do it. After reading that link you posted it seems that there is a clash. On the pic that you posted, the inj 4 wire goes to the top left and it's purple/red, but from what he said the inj1 wire (blue/red) goes there.
Which should i go with?
Old 08-17-2005, 05:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I know what you mean now. For hondas you only need to buy the ignition harness cos it has a **** load of extra wires (for skylines maybe?) that you don't need. I was even thinking what a waste. I've already bought the injector harness anyway so may aswell use it.

For future reference to anyone buying the emanage - DO NOT BUY INJECTOR HARNESS UNLESS YOU HAVE ADDITIONAL INJECTORS.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:09 AM

yeah the color of the wires on the ecu tends to differ sometimes....dunno why, but if you look at the pins on the ecu, those don't change, so that's a good refference to use. I still moved my wires from the injector harness over to the clip that comes with the emanage, cause ya never know when I might need em, and I'd hate to have to get back in there and unwire everything just so I can add more wires to the clip.

Off topic sorta, I can't wait to find out more nfo about the new black box emanage, the only info I can find is what greddy has on thier site (which isn't much) and all thier vendors are just copy/pasting that....would like to know if there's a 3-step in there, and the fact that it will plug n' play w/o me having to do any re-wiring is nice, along with limited self tuning....that's pretty pimp.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Checked out Mohd Parts for Ultimate e-Manage info? They do have the instruction, operator, and sofware manuals for download.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:34 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redsun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
For future reference to anyone buying the emanage - DO NOT BUY INJECTOR HARNESS UNLESS YOU HAVE ADDITIONAL INJECTORS.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Um, no.

You need the injector harness if you want to alter the factory ecu injector signals.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:39 AM

Default Re: (boomslang)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boomslang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Um, no.

You need the injector harness if you want to alter the factory ecu injector signals.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Um....no. The harness replaces the wires already in the stock harness and has extras for V6's and additional injectors. The stock harness comes with 4 injector wires already installed; does it not?
Old 08-17-2005, 09:46 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pioneer162 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Um....no. The harness replaces the wires already in the stock harness and has extras for V6's and additional injectors. The stock harness comes with 4 injector wires already installed; does it not?</TD></TR></TABLE>

False.

I've wired up hundreds of e-Manages for just about every import made.

The injector wires in the e-Manage splice into the factory injector wires. They do not replace the factory injector wires. There are provisions for wiring in additional injectors as well.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:48 AM

Default Re: (EE_Chris)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EE_Chris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Checked out Mohd Parts for Ultimate e-Manage info? They do have the instruction, operator, and sofware manuals for download.</TD></TR></TABLE>

They must have just put that up recently, I checked it about a week ago and it wasn't there. I'm pretty dissappointed that there is no 3-step....but the rest of the features look really nice.......

anyone wanna buy a blue emanage?
Old 08-17-2005, 09:56 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boomslang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

False.

I've wired up hundreds of e-Manages for just about every import made.

The injector wires in the e-Manage splice into the factory injector wires. They do not replace the factory injector wires. There are provisions for wiring in additional injectors as well.</TD></TR></TABLE>

They are not supposed to replace the factory injector wires. Go to greddy's website and pull up the wiring schematic for the emanage optional injector harness. Then come back and tell me where it says to replace the factory wires. Per Greddy, they simply splice in......so I don't understand what you're saying.

you can also look at the first link I posted above, that is a blown up shot of the schematic found in the greddy manual.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Um, no.

You need the injector harness if you want to alter the factory ecu injector signals.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What we are trying to say is that the ignition harness has about ten extra wires after we hook up the TWO wires we need. Therefore we can use these extra wires to use for the injectors. Therefore, why waste money on injector harness?!??

I'm not too sure on the Emanage ultimate. I've checked out MOHD parts but not had a proper read yet! I just bought my blue one aswell!! It pays to wait huh?

Thanks for your help Pioneer162 - all is now installed.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:59 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pioneer162 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

They are not supposed to replace the factory injector wires. Go to greddy's website and pull up the wiring schematic for the emanage optional injector harness. Then come back and tell me where it says to replace the factory wires. Per Greddy, they simply splice in......so I don't understand what you're saying. </TD></TR></TABLE>

What in the world? You are the one that mentioned the nonsense of replacing the factory wires. Look at the post you made above!

Here it is AGAIN, for clarification.

Um....no. The harness replaces the wires already in the stock harness and has extras for V6's and additional injectors. The stock harness comes with 4 injector wires already installed; does it not?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 08-18-2005, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

it is really easy just read the instrustions
Old 08-18-2005, 09:41 AM

What in the world? You are the one that mentioned the nonsense of replacing the factory wires. Look at the post you made above!

Here it is AGAIN, for clarification.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I never said replace factory wires, I said stock harness...
by harness I was reffering to the greddy harness/clip....

my mistake for not being uber clear on that.........

but for our cars, you can use the extra wires off the ignition clip for the injector wires.....so he is correct.....you don't HAVE to buy the injector harness....

/too many fookin wires under there anyway.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:08 PM
mike93eh

i just got the ignition and injector harness and have no idea howto hook it up yet. japanese instructions :/
the diagram on mohdparts is unclear as to what wire goes where and where?
anyone have anything real specific? diagrams? instructions?

and do hondas need the injector harness? lets say if i was upgrading to 450's? some fo you said yes some said no??

Modified by mike93eh at 1:43 AM 8/24/2005
Old 08-24-2005, 01:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

be online in 5 hours. When i get of work, i'll guide you through it. Its very easy.
Return the injector harness and get your money back cos you don't need it unless you are running additional injectors.

Quick Reply: Emanage install, help!!