Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EM1 VIN Database

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 02:31 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default EM1 VIN Database

I'm bringing this project to the public in the hopes of help. This has been okayed by a moderator and participation is entirely voluntary.

This is an attempt to collect ALL US EM1 VINs: clean title, stolen, stripped, wrecked, it doesn't matter.

The idea, based upon a similar project that Doespike and nsxtasy worked on for the ITR, is to figure out how many US EM1s were produced, how many were produced with each color, how many clean title cars are left, etc. Any information would be great to have available.

Private information such as your VIN, name, location, etc. will not be made public.

If you are interested in participating or if you find an EM1 at the salvage yard or such, please post in here or PM me the following information (or what you would like to send):

VIN: (this needs to be included; I have no other way to tell one car apart from the others otherwise)
Color: (repaint?)
Assembly Date: (this is in the door jamb, but some parts such as the washer bottle iirc, have the full date)
Owner Name: (dealership? first, last?)
Title: (clear? salvage?)
Mileage:
Description: (brief description of vehicle. Stock? Swapped? Damaged?)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can I help?

I'm looking for ANY USDM EM1 VINs.

If you see an Si in a salvage yard and can write down the VIN for me, I'd like that.

If you see a car for sale online and they list the VIN, I'd be appreciative for that (let me know of the site - I'd like to write down where it's for sale, mileage, price).

If you used to own an Si, but sold it, it was wrecked, it was salvaged, etc., but you still have the VIN, that would also help.

If you test drive a car at a dealership and have the VIN, I would appreciate that.

PLEASE, DO NOT find EM1s in parking lots and write down their VINs though. This only serves to possibly make people wary of what you are doing. While we would both have honest intentions, it can make your average Si owner worried.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vouches:
94EG8 , sde780 , 98civdx , angel_i , 96civic_hb , JHP , Archidictus , ALLxMOTOR EG , Jimmy , builthatch , Eran , Sir Ash , SIRIUS , someone else , v!taminb16 , Arthas , andoxviii , trustdestruction

(Name can be removed or added at PM request.)

Last edited by NOFX; 11-30-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:26 PM
No Sales Forums

Location: Reading the Chronicles and Blowin Trees in Virginia
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: EM1 VIN Database

Bump for a legit dude with a legit cause.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmm, I wish I had info on my old POS EM1.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:09 PM
Crazy Honda Guy

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Bump for a legit dude with a legit cause.
you mean dudette
Old 11-30-2010, 04:21 PM
H-T White Ops

BlueIntegraBoy, if you happen to find anything you can let me know whenever. I know I'd have a hard time finding my old EJ8 VIN at this point too. Car was totaled over seven years ago. Honda Finance or Progressive might have records on it, but I don't know how I'd get that info even.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:24 PM
H-T White Ops

I think I should start collecting more Canadian VINs with this too. So far I'm not having as much finding those though!

Want to know how to tell a US Si VIN from a Canadian SiR VIN? The sequence number of a US EM1 starts with 0 or 1. A Canadian EM1 sequence number will start with an 8 (so far from what I've seen).

Might as well include this early in the thread too.

How do I read my EM1's VIN?
Code:
1HG    = Honda of America Mfg. Inc., Passenger Car
EM1    = Civic 2 door, B16A2
1      = 2 door coupe, manual transmission
5      = Civic 2 door ... Si/SiR
?      = Check Digit (0-9 or X)
?      = Year Digit (X=1999, Y=2000)
L      = Assembly Plant = East Liberty, Ohio, USA
?????? = Sequence Number
Old 12-02-2022, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NOFX
I'm bringing this project to the public in the hopes of help. This has been okayed by a moderator and participation is entirely voluntary.

This is an attempt to collect ALL US EM1 VINs: clean title, stolen, stripped, wrecked, it doesn't matter.

The idea, based upon a similar project that Doespike and nsxtasy worked on for the ITR, is to figure out how many US EM1s were produced, how many were produced with each color, how many clean title cars are left, etc. Any information would be great to have available.

Private information such as your VIN, name, location, etc. will not be made public.

If you are interested in participating or if you find an EM1 at the salvage yard or such, please post in here or PM me the following information (or what you would like to send):

VIN: (this needs to be included; I have no other way to tell one car apart from the others otherwise)
Color: (repaint?)
Assembly Date: (this is in the door jamb, but some parts such as the washer bottle iirc, have the full date)
Owner Name: (dealership? first, last?)
Title: (clear? salvage?)
Mileage:
Description: (brief description of vehicle. Stock? Swapped? Damaged?)

How can I help?

I'm looking for ANY USDM EM1 VINs.

If you see an Si in a salvage yard and can write down the VIN for me, I'd like that.

If you see a car for sale online and they list the VIN, I'd be appreciative for that (let me know of the site - I'd like to write down where it's for sale, mileage, price).

If you used to own an Si, but sold it, it was wrecked, it was salvaged, etc., but you still have the VIN, that would also help.

If you test drive a car at a dealership and have the VIN, I would appreciate that.

PLEASE, DO NOT find EM1s in parking lots and write down their VINs though. This only serves to possibly make people wary of what you are doing. While we would both have honest intentions, it can make your average Si owner worried.

Vouches:
94EG8 , sde780 , 98civdx , angel_i , 96civic_hb , JHP , Archidictus , ALLxMOTOR EG , Jimmy , builthatch , Eran , Sir Ash , SIRIUS , someone else , v!taminb16 , Arthas , andoxviii , trustdestruction

(Name can be removed or added at PM request.)
@NOFX any info ? Was a database ever put anywhere? I have a car I bought years ago and would love to see if I could get any info on it,prv owner, threads, etc. Thanks-cherry♡