Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EM1 Honda Logo removal (Search is down)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EM1 Honda Logo removal (Search is down)

I'm going to remove the huge honda H from that upper grill on my 2000 civic si. I tried to search but the search feature doesn't seem to be working. Anyone know how it's secured? Do I need to remove the whole grill section and remove it from the back side?
Old 10-09-2005, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you remove the badge, theres still going to be a black imprint of the H, its held in by 2 prongs.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:47 PM
I took way too long

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: EM1 Honda Logo removal (Castor)

On my friends we just removed those top 8 screws that hold the bumper on and then just bent it til we could get to the 'H' logo screws. It's not that hard just gotta be careful.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Re: EM1 Honda Logo removal (slowmanEJ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slowmanEJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">On my friends we just removed those top 8 screws that hold the bumper on and then just bent it til we could get to the 'H' logo screws. It's not that hard just gotta be careful.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, it can be done this way..even easier and safer IMO if you just go ahead and remove the bumper. Then just unscrew it. Either way it will work...looks much better too i think
Old 10-09-2005, 08:08 PM

Default Re: EM1 Honda Logo removal (kameleon23)

I just removed the plastic rivets from the top, and pulled it back a bit. There was three screws. The bottom one being, by far, the most pain in the ****. Came off, and you can't tell it was ever there. Looks much better in my opinion.

Plus, I lost like 4 ounces. That's like 0.5 seconds off my quarter mile with my VTAK. I can put off going to the gym for another week! yes!!
Old 10-09-2005, 08:36 PM

While the search is down, anyone have any recommendations for EM1 suspension? I'd like to put on some Azenis rt-615s 205/50/15 on konig heliums.. But I've never lowered a car before and I'd like something that puts me closer to the ground but doesn't break my back every time I hit a bump in the road.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:38 PM

Depend's on your goals and price range.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

heh, i made a thread on this

while it IS possible to do it without taking the bumper off, the safer way (i.e. dont bend and break your plastic) is to take the bumper off. make sure to take it off correctly and put it on correctly. there are 4 screws that hold the H logo on and it just falls out. your grille SHOULD look perfectly normal, there is a chance that since it's been covered up for the past 5 years compared to the rest of the grille that it will be slightly discolored. you can use plastic cleaner to get it back to normal. if you have FBP, you can also paint your grille completely black (thats how mine is).

it's super simple DIY status. i took pics when i took mine off, if you want me to post em up i will.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:47 PM

Default Re: (chinese acrobat)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chinese acrobat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Depend's on your goals and price range.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Assume that my goals are 300WHP, and I'm less concerned with money and more concerned with a balance betwen quality and comfort. I won't be doing much auto-cross, more drag.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:13 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Castor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just removed the plastic rivets from the top, and pulled it back a bit. There was three screws. The bottom one being, by far, the most pain in the ****. Came off, and you can't tell it was ever there. Looks much better in my opinion.

Plus, I lost like 4 ounces. That's like 0.5 seconds off my quarter mile with my VTAK. I can put off going to the gym for another week! yes!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

you know what this thread should be locked and you should continue taking it in the *** in your 2000 civic si originalmobile...since buying the si was cheaper than a 2k swap....maybe you should use all that money you got left over to hire a mechanic to remove your Honda emblem and shove it up your *** since you dont even take pride the brand of your car you ***
Old 10-09-2005, 09:23 PM

wow. everyone is so uptight nowadays. listen, save yourself the trouble. remove the bumper, its not hard. two screws on each side of the fender, two plugs beside each side of the grill under the hood. two 10mm's on the underside of the cars front noise, viola. just don't let the bumper far when its removed & your good.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:43 PM

Default Re: EM1 Honda Logo removal (chrisgags13)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chrisgags13 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you know what this thread should be locked and you should continue taking it in the *** in your 2000 civic si originalmobile...since buying the si was cheaper than a 2k swap....maybe you should use all that money you got left over to hire a mechanic to remove your Honda emblem and shove it up your *** since you dont even take pride the brand of your car you ***</TD></TR></TABLE>

I take pride in Honda. I don't take pride in their massive ill-placed logo. I'll keep the one on the back. Also, people aren't going to look at my empty grill and, in a shocking manner, bellow "Wow. What IS that?"

It's a civic. Everyone knows what the hell it is.

Anyone have any constructive thoughts on that suspension? I suppose I could take my suspension and shove it up my *** to please the trolls. I'm not sure that's my best option, though.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:47 PM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Castor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Anyone have any constructive thoughts on that suspension? I suppose I could take my suspension and shove it up my *** to please the trolls. I'm not sure that's my best option, though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahahaha...

coilovers are the best way to go.
people will tell you omni is garbage, but they arent...
maybe check into them...