Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EM Racing C-pillar bar on the EG coupe....

Old 03-23-2004, 06:28 PM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default EM Racing C-pillar bar on the EG coupe....

Not the greatest pics but good enough for now. I gotta wash the car and clean the windows, and then take pics outside but I got lazy. Since I haven't seen any pics of the EG coupe with the EM Racing (or any) C-pillar bar on there, I figure I'd show you guys how it looks on there and what kind of clearance issues there were. You can adjust the placement of it when the tighten down the bolts holding the brackets on, so I left it as far back as possible, about 2 inches above the head rest on both sides. I'll take some better pics if anyone is really that interested but for the most part, somebody sitting in the back, their head won't hit it.

My impressions on it... nice bar, very light and constructed well but overpriced for what it is. There's quite a bit of play on the ends with the joints but I can probably tighten it down a little bit more by shortening the length. My camcorder mount (that we use on the rollcage of our hatch) fits on there so I might try it out to see how some video looks but I need to secure the camcorder to the seat with a strap or it's going to rock back & forth too much (not much, but enough to throw the video off..... thus the "play on the ends" effect). For me, the bar is a lil too much bling on the car so I'm going to take the brackets off and paint them black so they're not as noticable, and possibly paint the bar black.... or just take it out and throw it into the hatchback .
Old 03-23-2004, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: EM Racing C-pillar bar on the EG coupe.... (Newman)

interesting i like!

but it looks like u need to be super short to ride in the back..
Old 03-23-2004, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

doesnt look too comfy for the rear seat passengers
Old 03-23-2004, 06:39 PM
New User

Default Re: EM Racing C-pillar bar on the EG coupe.... (mr poo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mr poo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">doesnt look too comfy for the rear seat passengers </TD></TR></TABLE>

Like I said, there's actually plenty of clearance for rear passengers (like I care or ever have any) with the way that I positioned the bar. I don't have any good side pics of it showing the actual clearance except for this one for now, but it gives you a better idea. On some other cars like in an Integra or even some EK coupes, the bar is more forward and in the way of your head.

I'll take some better pics before I take the bar out.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dam, that's lookin nice...wish i can afford one for my EJ1
Old 03-23-2004, 07:26 PM

Old 03-23-2004, 07:30 PM

Default Re: EM Racing C-pillar bar on the EG coupe.... (HyPrCvC)

Nice bar.. I'm planning on getting one for my EJ1 as well.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:59 PM

Even with it positioned that far back, rear passengers are still at risk for serious injury. I'm sure you're aware of this, but the way that you're talking could give the wrong impression to some. I just recieved the bar in the mail today and I'll install it as soon as I'm done typing this.

The one thing that you might want to mention is that the bar has a quick release feature with pins that come out pretty easy.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:08 PM

Default Re: (EX R8ED)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EX R8ED &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Even with it positioned that far back, rear passengers are still at risk for serious injury. I'm sure you're aware of this, but the way that you're talking could give the wrong impression to some. I just recieved the bar in the mail today and I'll install it as soon as I'm done typing this.

The one thing that you might want to mention is that the bar has a quick release feature with pins that come out pretty easy. </TD></TR></TABLE>
reading&gt;you

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Newman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Like I said, there's actually plenty of clearance for rear passengers (like I care or ever have any)</TD></TR></TABLE>

looks pretty good newman

you gonna start making copies? i see a new product coming soon.. i need a cut.. as i helped you out with the idea..
Old 03-23-2004, 08:48 PM
Boba Connoisseur

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Hybrid Racer)

corny.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:00 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (SkyeC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkyeC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">corny.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 03-23-2004, 09:02 PM

Default Re: (Emerika)

Hit gas really fast, rear passengers heads fly back .. all dead lol.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:04 PM
New User

Default Re: (Awar318)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Awar318 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hit gas really fast, rear passengers heads fly back .. all dead lol.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's their problem

Old 03-23-2004, 09:54 PM

these bars dont fit 96-00 Civic Coupes.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:54 PM

Default Re: (Newman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Newman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That's their problem

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hahahahah..
Old 03-23-2004, 10:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93 EJ1)

Does the performance from this bar really exist? Im not talking **** but I dont see how functional it could since the coupe already has the speaker tray/fram going across. and the window area isnt gonna flex like a hatch area would. or would they?
Old 03-23-2004, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JaeOne3345)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JaeOne3345 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Does the performance from this bar really exist? Im not talking **** but I dont see how functional it could since the coupe already has the speaker tray/fram going across. and the window area isnt gonna flex like a hatch area would. or would they?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have the same thing in my car ej1 too and i have noticed ZERO difference in the handling at this weekends autoX i did one run on and one run off and i noticed ZERO difference in my handling response so its more form over function
Old 03-23-2004, 10:43 PM
New User

Default Re: (bonta-kun)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bonta-kun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i have the same thing in my car ej1 too and i have noticed ZERO difference in the handling at this weekends autoX i did one run on and one run off and i noticed ZERO difference in my handling response so its more form over function </TD></TR></TABLE>

True, it doesn't do **** in a coupe. But the main reason why I got it for was A) it'll fit the hatchback so I can always throw it into our track car, and B) I can clamp the IO camera bracket onto it, which I was going to test out to see what kind of view I can get on video (I think the Recaro seats might be too wide and take away from the video.... I'll find out later this week). I didn't want to get the cheap/crappy Ebay C-pillar bar styles that are like $25 because those are not a perfectly round bar, but rather some hokey shape that wouldn't allow the camera bracket to clamp onto securely.

But like anther person said, it's got those pins in there so you can just pull them out and the bar removes in 10 seconds, which the other C-pillar bars that I've seen don't offer. Again, this is more of a fashion over fuction, but my initial plans were to use it as a beam to mount the IO camera bracket to.

Old 03-23-2004, 11:18 PM

Looks cool, but knowing that its just there for looks, makes it gay.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:27 AM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (Alchemist)

your scrfeeen name is gay...you're not the Alchemiost, so stop frontin....

sprry, a little ti[sy
Old 03-24-2004, 12:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks good, I gotta pick up one of those these days...but...

Not to hijack the thread but...
One thing I don't get is why they add joints at the end of bar where it mounts onto the chassis. Joints will move and isn't the purpose of the bar to keep your chassis stiffened? But with joints, it's going to move and therefore doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose of actually stiffening the chassis?
Old 03-24-2004, 02:39 AM

that thing doesn't look sturdy enough for a camera mount
Old 03-24-2004, 03:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I like it.. with the quick release u can use it as a weapon for those road rage/gang fights.. in civic HBs its even better.. also doubles as a pole to hang your nice shirts and pants..,,, and it improves your cars handling i bet...
Old 03-24-2004, 04:10 AM
PSU
formerly DxHatchback

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: EM Racing C-pillar bar on the EG coupe.... (degooser)

i feel bad when you take your friends to the movies
Old 03-24-2004, 04:11 AM

Default Re: EM Racing C-pillar bar on the EG coupe.... (john666)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by john666 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I like it.. with the quick release u can use it as a weapon for those road rage/gang fights.. in civic HBs its even better.. also doubles as a pole to hang your nice shirts and pants..,,, and it improves your cars handling i bet... </TD></TR></TABLE>

LMAO!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: EM Racing C-pillar bar on the EG coupe....