Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Electrical problems with tail lights, gauge lights, dimmer, fuel gauge and radio

Old 12-04-2005, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical problems with tail lights, gauge lights, dimmer, fuel gauge and radio

Ok, so i hooked up my integra dash in my 93 civic dx hatch. Used civic harness with integra plugs. Only plug i didn't change was the dimmer switch plug. Then hooked up the integra dimmer switch on civic plug and blew the switch.

Now i took it off and was being stupid me and accidently hooked up the wrong wire and poof, my gauge lights quit working for the tach, speedometer, fuel gauge, and temperature gauge. Also my fuel gauge stopped working.

Now my tail lights also don't work.

And another thing is that my alpine CD player isn't working. When i had it hooked up before, it worked fine before i did the LS motor swap, but after i unhooked the battery and hooked it back up the cd player took it like 10 times of driving my car for it to start working. Then it worked fine. I don't know what i did to get it to work last time.

I still have the same plug on my civic harness as before so none of the wires were changed on the civic harness for the radio so it should work fine.

I need some suggestions where to start. I know its not my bulbs on the lights cause i checked the voltmeter.

My A/C/ heater controller isn't working either.. this hasn't worked since after the swap either. Took out the AC.. Is there anything that would cause this to stop working during a swap?
Old 12-05-2005, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone?
Old 12-05-2005, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

on your cd player, during the swap you might not have it grounded well?

Did you try replacing your dimmer switch?
Old 12-05-2005, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i will be replacing it next weekend after i go to the junkyard.

the ground is in the wiring harness. i didn't swap the stereo plug out.