Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

electrical problem?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical problem?

Hi i have a 95 honda del sol and lately it seems im having electrical probelms. About a month ago when i switched my cd player into my new car i noticed that my antenna doesnt go up any more and when im playing cds it will flash antenna on and then the volume will lower alot until it flashes antenna on again or if i hit the volume up button. Also this morning when i got in my car i went to start it and nothing would turn on. It was like the battery wasnt hooked up. When i got out of my car i forgot i had the emergency brake of and it rolled alittle bit and i quickly pulled it. Then all of a sudden everything worked again and the car started fine. I poped my hood to see if my battery cable was loose, but it was on good. So when i went to work to pick something up i rest my clock and cd players bass back to what it was. I was only in side for 15 minutes and when i come out and start my car i notice that my clock and radio was reset again. There has been alot of time that my clock and radio reset, but i dont know what it is. Can someone please help me. I dont know if it would be a bad altenator, battery, or just a loose cable. Also could a bad ground do this? I am going to go out and check my grounds now.

Matt
Old 12-20-2003, 10:07 PM

Well today my car wouldnt start again when i went to pick up a friend. I had to let my car rool down his driveway and it still wouldnt start until i let off the clutch and then the lights finally kicked on and it started. It seems like my battery isnt even connected when i was trying to start it.
Old 12-20-2003, 10:20 PM

Default Re: electrical problem? (XxslayerxX)

check the wireing bro. did you cut the all the wires and then splice them to the cd player. cuz that could cause some problems. give us more info on what exactly you did.
Old 12-20-2003, 11:30 PM

the cd player was installed awhile ago buy best buy and i just switched it frim my old del sol to my new one. But i did that over summer and i just started having problems with the car not wanting to turn on today.