Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EK9 POWER DOOR CONVERSION ?'S

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EK9 POWER DOOR CONVERSION ?'S

i have a 2000 civic hatchback cx. i believe i have everything i need for a power door conversion. heres a list of what i have:

- 99-00 ex main floor harness(runs from fuse box to both doors and fuel pump)
- ex door harnesses
- power window motor/regulators
- power window relay(under dash fuse box)
- door lock actuator
- door lock control box(blue box)
- lock switch
- window switches

everything is installed correctly. here is my problem. i used to have a floor harness from a 96-98 ex installed. the plugs from the harness didnt match. so i used the plugs from my stock harness. power locks and windows works like a champ. but i had a problem, check engine light came on and reverse light doesnt work. i used a code reader to find out the problem. says something about "main circuit." so i decided to just get the right harness to sovle all of this headache. so i swaped out the harnesses. its from a 99-00 ex now. plugs fit fine. the power windows work, reverse light works, but the locks dont work now. i know the set up is right. it was working fine before. there was no short circuits. am i missing any parts or relays? how different is the 98 and 99 models? this conversion should just be plug and play, everything is oem. the only dought i have is that i dont have a harness from a 99-00 ex. i didnt see the car they pulled it from. but how many other civic models have just power windows? shouldnt they have both power locks and windows? DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM? help me out, i dont want to ghetto rigg my wires.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EK9 POWER DOOR CONVERSION ?'S (NOOdS)

a little help here!
Old 03-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: EK9 POWER DOOR CONVERSION ?'S (NOOdS)

check your fuses just in case. I wasted an hour trying to figure out why my wiring was wrong when actually I had blown a fuse during installation.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:17 PM

What year vehicle did you pull out your power door lock unit?

Because I read that the 96-98 ones are different from the 99-00. Plus I heard that the 00's control unit is by the fuse box where as the 99's are behind the door panel.

I'm trying to do this as well. I have a 99 dx civic and I'm having problems as well. I have bought the floor harness, both door harness', power regulators, power actuators, switches, and both door panels from a 2000 si. I also bought a power window relay and 3 mini 20 amp fuses. Everything is installed and my windows don't work. I'm thinking that the relay I have could be wrong. I checked all the fuses and none of them are blown. Does anyone know the part number for the power window relay and the power door lock control unit(2000 civic unit)? Or any other advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (8wasabe)

pulled door actuators from a 99-00 civic. not sure what model...but it has power doors.

so...nothing works on your doors? did you try connecting both switches to both the doors. connect everything and try again. sometimes it needs a full circuit to work. it worked the first time for me, so couldnt tell ya.

i picked up the power window relay at a junk yard. im at work...i'll give you the part number at a later time. the only thing i didnt do yet, is put in the 3 20 amp fuses. my door locks are bugging me alot.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:00 AM

I finally got my windows to work. I guess the previous owner put an alarm in the car and had two wires coming from the alarm to the fuse box in the top left section of it, I pulled out those wires and the windows work. So, I did buy the right power window relay haha.

Now, I need to figure out what power door lock control unit I need to get and I'm set then I can buy my alarm.

I'd go to the junkyards and get all of this, but Vegas junkyards are shitty.

I don't know if you've been using this site, but I have and it's helped... http://repo.jackmoves.com/v/erik/album106/album206/

Old 12-01-2009, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EK9 POWER DOOR CONVERSION ?'S

i'm having the same issue with my power locks. everytime i hit the switch the 20amp fuse under the dash blows for my power locks.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EK9 POWER DOOR CONVERSION ?'S

i hate when people use the term ek9. and when i click on the thread, they say its a dx. ek9 is a jdm TYPE R chassis. not a dx chassis