Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EK3????

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EK3????

Ok, i am intrested in getting a new honda. i cracked the block in my old 2002 si. Im thinking of getting an Ek3. I want it to be fast with a turbo, built motor, and lowered. What do u guy recomend as to motor (swap), turbo kits, tranny, suspention, and other motor work. Keep in mind that i want the car to be a daily driver, and fast. (mid 10's) (Im still trying to get the car so if u are selling 1 let me no).
Old 02-13-2007, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EK3???? (ks01sf)

I think you need to do some of your own research and find out what YOU want.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:44 AM

Default Re: EK3???? (ks01sf)

as for motor: i agree with the dude above me, do your homework with that one.

as for suspension: how crazy of a suspension do you want and how much you lookin to spend?
Old 02-13-2007, 10:55 AM

I was thinking a b or d series motor. Maybe a k20 but idk about that. My si i dont really trust k-motors. i was reading up on like a stage 3 motor IDK.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ks01sf)

So you want a mid 10 second daily driver with like a Stage 3 motor? Do some more homework bro, this isn't fast and furious.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Skunk.Werks)

lol id say. i honestly love these threads.. its like they want us to tell them waht to do so they can be our friend. basically its like getting a line up of ten girls and tell ur buddys i want u to choose one of them to be my wife. but i need ur guys opinion cuz i don't wnat her to be ugly so u you guys will beak me.. gawd
Old 02-13-2007, 11:14 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ks01sf &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was thinking a b or d series motor. Maybe a k20 but idk about that. My si i dont really trust k-motors. i was reading up on like a stage 3 motor IDK. </TD></TR></TABLE>

do you know what it takes to build a 10 second car.. let alone a 10 second daily driver?
Old 02-13-2007, 11:14 AM

how did you crack the block?
well if you want to run a ten just once just get like a 175 shot of nawzzzz
Old 02-13-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Re: (allsho)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by allsho &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol id say. i honestly love these threads.. its like they want us to tell them waht to do so they can be our friend. basically its like getting a line up of ten girls and tell ur buddys i want u to choose one of them to be my wife. but i need ur guys opinion cuz i don't wnat her to be ugly so u you guys will beak me.. gawd</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahaha
Old 02-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vtec4lyfe)

10 second car. are you for real? c'mon torreto..
Old 02-13-2007, 11:18 AM

Default Re: (dangthemang)

You know you owe me a 10 second car
Old 02-13-2007, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (silverboost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by silverboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You know you owe me a 10 second car</TD></TR></TABLE>
i just picked up a jz supra from the junkyard bro.

just get me some over night parts from japan, and it'll be good to go.

but jokes aside, you need to research man. you aren't going to make any car into a 10 second car without the proper knowledge and money. like a guy said earlier, it will take a lot.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Banned

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ks01sf &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was thinking a b or d series motor. Maybe a k20 but idk about that. My si i dont really trust k-motors. i was reading up on like a stage 3 motor IDK. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You were thinking... (wow) a b or d series motor. Maybe a K20?

That's f-ing hi-larious! Who considers a "B" then a "D" and then a "K"?

B= Well Priced
D= Cheap as expletive
K= Expensive as hell and Great results!

I was thinking... 13B
Old 02-13-2007, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Duckiller00)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by allsho &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol id say. i honestly love these threads.. its like they want us to tell them waht to do so they can be our friend. basically its like getting a line up of ten girls and tell ur buddys i want u to choose one of them to be my wife. but i need ur guys opinion cuz i don't wnat her to be ugly so u you guys will beak me.. gawd</TD></TR></TABLE>
i gotta laugh at that one
ok anyways alright we can all forget about the d series lets go w/ the LS VTEC motor or h22 for him

Modified by phazedd at 6:38 PM 2/13/2007
Old 02-13-2007, 02:46 PM

Default Re: (phazedd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by phazedd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i gotta laugh at that one
ok anyways alright we can all forget about the d series lets go w/ the LS VTEC motor or h22 for him

Modified by phazedd at 6:38 PM 2/13/2007</TD></TR></TABLE>

i don't think this guy has the knowledge/resources/common sense to do mods of this nature. start out small and work your way up. it's the only way you'll ever appreciate what you have

PS. Don't fry your piston rings! Or else me and the mad scientist gotta rip apart the block and replace em
Old 02-13-2007, 03:03 PM

Default Re: (rniederlando)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rniederlando &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
PS. Don't fry your piston rings! Or else me and the mad scientist gotta rip apart the block and replace em</TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHAHAHA
Old 02-13-2007, 03:10 PM
New User

Default Re: (allsho)

hahaha Great stuff

Notice the title. Anything with that man question marks is gonna be a good bashfest.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Re: (rniederlando)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rniederlando &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i don't think this guy has the knowledge/resources/common sense to do mods of this nature. start out small and work your way up. it's the only way you'll ever appreciate what you have

PS. Don't fry your piston rings! Or else me and the mad scientist gotta rip apart the block and replace em</TD></TR></TABLE>

he has a great point. start out by building stuff u really don't care about IMO. and research and research, lol and i can't belive he posted he wanted a 10 second car. wow and stage 3 motor sound likes people in billings wiht their "stage 2 and stage 3 turbos" LMAO this is hilarious. go to anti-rice.com then go to therapy. and then follow spilner's motto

Old 02-13-2007, 03:33 PM

Default Re: (406 Motorsports)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 406 Motorsports &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
go to anti-rice.com then go to therapy. and then follow spilner's motto

</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha, it's great how everything ends up with a fast and furious theme or innuendo
Old 02-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats a hot picture tee hee

but man...when you thought people like this dont exist anymore...blam...right back where we started...

stage 3 motor...

i dont trust k motors...

wtf dont you trust about K motors? they going to cheat on you and pour sugar in your gas tank?
Old 02-13-2007, 05:58 PM
Banned

Default Re: (The Lobster)

C'mon guys... your all f'd-up!

No one has helped him at all....

He wants, "to be fast with a turbo , built motor , and lowered.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Duckiller00)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Duckiller00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">C'mon guys... your all f'd-up!

No one has helped him at all....

He wants, "to be fast with a turbo , built motor , and lowered. </TD></TR></TABLE>

built motor = why?

to the op...running mid 10's with out any knowledge at all will cost you lots of money. learn before you try.

Old 02-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (The Lobster)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Lobster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats a hot picture tee hee

but man...when you thought people like this dont exist anymore...blam...right back where we started...

stage 3 motor...

i dont trust k motors...

wtf dont you trust about K motors? they going to cheat on you and pour sugar in your gas tank?</TD></TR></TABLE>
i understand wat he is going through he had an 02 si for about 5 or 6 months and on his way home from paintballing in eastern long island he managed to blow his motor on the parkway. He was pissed becuz he had so much stuff he had in mind to put in. He ended up gettin nothin for the ride. The ride had 36k i believe when it blew. It was horrible. It was his pride and joy man he now has no trust in the k20 jst becuz of that and also becuz i kno other ppl that have blown motors from that yr range between 02-05
he now drives VW 1.8t Jetta w/ GTI front end conversion but, this will never replace his SI in a million yrs
RIP 2002 SI JULY 2006
Old 02-13-2007, 06:23 PM

Default Re: (phazedd)

how'd he blow the motor..
cuz there's no way he's gonna just be cruisin back on the parkway and have it crack unless he was beatin on it. .
Old 02-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BLUIZE256)

"You mean this thing is a manual?! Damn I thought I was drivin an automatic!"

Quick Reply: EK3????