Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EK vs. Jeep "Sahara Ed"

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EK vs. Jeep "Sahara Ed"

Well this might get moved to the "kill stories" forum, but i didnt make a "kill" so this is a catch 22. I have a d16y8 with i/h/e and although its not running in peak shape (see my many other posts) I still thought id give it a good run. My buddy has a Jeep "Sahara Edition" with i/e and a chipped ecu.

We headed to this strip near my house an lines up, he had him and my bro and i had just me. My borther counted off and we went on three, he must have had it in 4wd mode cause he caught traction instantly and got a good 2 car jump on me while i sat spinning, its a 1/4 stretch and by the end i hadnt made any gain on him. I was pissed cause i blew the start so we went again, same setup. We went on three and he caught before me AGAIN, i spun but caught better this time, he only beat me by one car that time. Oh im riding on my good ole steelies . He was surprised my "jap whip" kept up, and i told him we would go at it again after i got my rims/tires and chip.

Just thought id share, maybe the results would be better if my car was running like it should .