Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EK Sideskirts on EG

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 12:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EK Sideskirts on EG

Can someone tell me how to put these EK Sideskirts on my EG. I cant find any forums and the ones that did were non-helpful.

All I know is the EK's are about 2 inches longer. Where do you cut from...the front or the back of the sideskirt.

Are you drilling new holes to place the plastic clip things? Anyone have close-ups of their EK sideskirts on an EG? If so, I just want to see where it was cut...and how it looks mounted.

I assume you dont chop off the end, shorten it and somehow put the end you cut off back on? Just cut it...mount it and done? PLEASE HELP!!!!
Old 01-06-2006, 12:44 AM
HT Order of Merit

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: EK Sideskirts on EG (sirshan)

Cut the back of it off and figure out how you want to mount it. I don't understand why you need help with this...
Old 01-06-2006, 12:47 AM
ballin

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sirshan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can someone tell me how to put these EK Sideskirts on my EG. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Yes.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sirshan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
All I know is the EK's are about 2 inches longer. Where do you cut from...the front or the back of the sideskirt.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Cut from the front.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sirshan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are you drilling new holes to place the plastic clip things?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can drill new holes that line up with the plastic things on the EK side skirt. After you drill the holes you can file them with a square file so they have the same shape as the plastic thingys.
OR
You can be creative if you don't want to drill holes in your car. Tie zip and Duct Tape work wonders. You should be able to get AT LEAST one of the square plastice clips to line up. And the screws underneat the car, just use a dremel and make holes in the SIDE SKIRT to line up with the holes underneat the car.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sirshan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I assume you dont chop off the end, shorten it and somehow put the end you cut off back on? Just cut it...mount it and done? PLEASE HELP!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>
I do not understand what you are asking.

Look in my sig for pics.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:48 AM

Default Re: EK Sideskirts on EG (JDM_Ej)

Im just making sure I cut the right side...understand now? Wasnt sure if people were cutting the fron or the back...I dont want to wast the sideskirts not dong it right.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:48 AM
ballin

Default Re: EK Sideskirts on EG (JDM_Ej)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_Ej &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Cut the back of it off and figure out how you want to mount it. I don't understand why you need help with this...</TD></TR></TABLE>

You do not cut the back, and EK sides are not bolt on. Have you ever done it before? They require some modification other than just cutting.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:12 AM

Default Re: EK Sideskirts on EG (Chong)

What size wheels are those chong? Im looking at picking up some wheels this weekend and cant decide between 15's and 16's...both look nice.

Im looking at either 15" Slipstreams or Goup N (w/ Red Lip) or 16" Slipstreams or GT3's.

Your car is clean...gotta paint that sideskirt though...j/k. Im debating leaving my sideskirts black since Im leaving my mirrors black and the CF hood is on there.

Its currently stock red (faded of course)...Im probably going to have it sprayed in a couple months or weeks. Im thinking of painting the rood black and the rest the same red....any opinions.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:21 AM
ballin

Those are 15's. It all depends on what you like for the rims and the rim size. I personally like 15" for most rims, but sometimes 15" looks too small, and 16" looks just right.

My skirts were already painted when I bought them, and also I had a painted lip. It would be hard to paint match the skirts anyway if you said your paint is faded, so I would also leave them black.

As for the roof, that is entirely up to you. Your car, your decision. I don't really like two toned cars, but I know alot who do.