Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Ek Si project questions / Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ek Si project questions / Introduction

What up guys, Ide just like to make an introduction to the forum. My names Mikey, i live in Madison, WI. Im a photographer, i shoot mainly snowboarding and skating for a few big mags, but i love cars and would like to get into the import car mag scene. Hence the reason i want to build my own car to shoot. Now if you live in the Madison/Milwaukee area and know alot about honda's and want meet up and help me out or have parts ide need, I would gladly hook you up with cash, beer, and or some dope shots of your cars, which i would gladly submit to mags, and make posters.

So im fairly new to the whole honda scene,but ive been spending a fair amount of time on here trying to figure **** out, so if you dont feel like strait up answering my questions, id really appreciate if someone could send me to the right thread.

Heres what ide like to do, last fall i picked up a 1999 si coupe in red, Ive been saving money and would really like to start a project. My goals are to build a fairly reliable, turbo'd daily driver that i could also auto-x, and take to the strip. The car is getting up there in miles, around 133xxx, it is starting to feel weak to me. Ive always dreamed off having a nice new clean engine and clean engine bay, so i would like to pull the motor, clean everything up, wire tuck it, remove anything un-neccesary and then put it all back together with a new setup doing everything right, the previous owner did a shiesty job and i want to clean up any mistakes. Along with doing minor things to the body and converting the interior to black with some recaro's in the end.

So far ive got a clutchnet stg 3 clutch, act flywheel, gsr cams, cometic headgasket, intake, walbro pump, headers, full 2.5 exhaust with magnaflow muffler header back. Rota's with nitto's.

Based on what friends have told me an LS/Vtec setup seems like a good way to go for me using my current b16a2 head, b16 tranny, and then find a B18B or B18a block and build it up, what would work best if i was to use the ls rods, and go with forged pistons? using my b16a2 head? What Obd conversion would be necassary? I would be using hondata for sure.

Does this seem like a reasonable way to go, to use some of what i already have and to have a new motor that'd be decently reliable for boost?

Sorry for the long thread, im just looking to meet some people in my area who know there **** who'd want to meet up and shoot the ****, or able to help or guide me to the right shops in wisco, or who have parts to sell i might need, or am looking for.

Thanks

Modified by inclimatephoto at 1:51 AM 6/1/2008

Modified by inclimatephoto at 1:52 AM 6/1/2008

Modified by inclimatephoto at 2:23 AM 6/1/2008
Old 06-01-2008, 12:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ek Si project questions / Introduction (inclimatephoto)

welcome, what year is it, it is going to feel weak in the lower end theres barely any torque, well good luck with the build theres alot of info on this site that will be useful to u