Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EK Rollbar or Rollcage pics....

Old 02-08-2008, 01:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EK Rollbar or Rollcage pics....

Guys I have searched this until I am about to go crazy. I am lookin for pics of rollbars and rollcages in a 00 si with sunroof. Cause I am debating on which to put in my car and how it will look before i do it. Cause I am gonna fab one myself, I just need an idea in my idea of what it looks like in my car before I start it please someone point me to the a thread I know is here but I can't find or post some pics of yours. Thanks
Old 02-09-2008, 01:20 AM

Default Re: EK Rollbar or Rollcage pics.... (B18Sleeper)

anyone?
Old 02-09-2008, 06:10 AM
HRD PKR

Here ya go Roll bar

Old 02-09-2008, 06:24 AM

Default Re: EK Rollbar or Rollcage pics.... (B16B_coupe)

I was hoping my boy B16b_coupe would post. Thats about the cleanest rollbar setup you will find around OP

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16B_coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here ya go Roll bar

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-09-2008, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what kind of bar is that? autopower?
Old 02-09-2008, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what are the legality issues for running a bar or cage on the street. obviously if you smash into someone its going to obliterate their car alot worse than yours if yours has been built up with all that extra steel. lookin' at building a track car that I can take out on the occasional weekend cruise.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:39 AM
HRD PKR

Default Re: (unusual71)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by unusual71 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what are the legality issues for running a bar or cage on the street. obviously if you smash into someone its going to obliterate their car alot worse than yours if yours has been built up with all that extra steel. lookin' at building a track car that I can take out on the occasional weekend cruise.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would search roll bar on google or in the road racing forum, All the info you need. Thats what i did
Old 02-09-2008, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EK Rollbar or Rollcage pics.... (JRTegman987)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JRTegman987 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what kind of bar is that? autopower?</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2 is it a kit or custom? how much? and where can you find them?
Old 02-09-2008, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EK Rollbar or Rollcage pics.... (SpeedoKing)

if you do a search for autopower you will find many rollbars installed.

heres one from the passwordjdm roadrace hatch

Old 02-09-2008, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (unusual71)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by unusual71 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what are the legality issues for running a bar or cage on the street. obviously if you smash into someone its going to obliterate their car alot worse than yours if yours has been built up with all that extra steel. lookin' at building a track car that I can take out on the occasional weekend cruise.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just because your car has a roll cage does not mean you are going to obliterate the other car. You won't. The crumple zones are not found inside the cabin, they are found outside. I would be more concerned with your head, roll cages are generally suppose to be used with a helmet only. Imagine your head hitting that steel in a minor collision.

I've rolled my 98 hatch off a highway at 70mph (it landed in snow). I was fine and the car was fine. If I had a roll cage I am almost certain my head would have hit it and I would have been in a lot of trouble.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (old man neri)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by old man neri &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Just because your car has a roll cage does not mean you are going to obliterate the other car. You won't. The crumple zones are not found inside the cabin, they are found outside. I would be more concerned with your head, roll cages are generally suppose to be used with a helmet only. Imagine your head hitting that steel in a minor collision.

I've rolled my 98 hatch off a highway at 70mph (it landed in snow). I was fine and the car was fine. If I had a roll cage I am almost certain my head would have hit it and I would have been in a lot of trouble.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow I never really thought about that, good advice.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:29 AM
HRD PKR

Default Re: (hgem1si)

If your strapped in a seat belt how will your head hit the roll bar? The roll bar is behind the seat...... Now if you have a roll cage, Which goes to the front of the cabin i can understand.... A seat belt/harness will prevent you from flying around the car..

So explain to me how your head would hit the roll bar if you flipped your car off the highway?? Unless your very tall or have stock seats i dont see that happening.

Plus if your head is goin behind the seat in any crash i can see you being hurt, ROLL BAR/CAGE or not
Old 02-09-2008, 11:58 AM

Default Re: (B16B_coupe)

ok thanks for the pics that is exactly what i am looking for you. I have searched and like you said I found a 1000 but all of them are hatches I need pics of a coupe, cause they arent even close to the same design for a rollbar. But that helped me out alot and I appreciate the pics, I really cant wait to start my fabbing. I should be starting it This coming wednesday when the metal comes in. Thanks again