Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EK rear lower control arm question. yes i searched

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EK rear lower control arm question. yes i searched

Hey guys. I just picked up a 00 DX hatchback. Wanted to say Hi and post a quick question.

Anyway. I'd like to reuse my P1R buddyclub coils. Obviously the front is not a problem as long as i reuse the old forks. However. I've noticed that the rear lower control arms on the EK are longer than the ones from my old EF. Measuring from outside bolt to bolt. the 88 EF rear LCA are 14in and the EK measuring from the same points are 16.5in. Guess i wont be reusing those. Now to address my confusion. certain websites like passwordjdm. com list ITR rear LCA under EK suspenion parts. http://www.passwordjdm.com/pro...y=cat
They also specifically state that the ITR LCA are usable with the EK chasis. Another website in JHPUSA.com http://www.jhpusa.com/catalog/...15135
Also list ITR LCAs under EK parts. Maybe I've just been misinformed. However I was always led to believe that 88 EF LCA and ITR LCA were the same. Infact. I've heard that honda even used the same part number. Yet I never took the time to verify it. Am i correct on this.
Is the only thing I'm missing is the ITR LCA or am I just screwed on using my Buddyclubs. I spent a buttload on them. It even took 6 months to get them from AJ-racing about 2 years ago when I bought them. I'm looking to keep this car simple. My EF was a hybrid and wiring nightmare and0I had trouble remember what model and year parts I put on it. It was swapped. B20vtec. 11 brakes. OBD1. and so forth. Any info or point in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Modified by jdmhondageek at 8:26 AM 9/5/2005
Old 09-04-2005, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: EK rear lower control arm question. yes i searched (jdmhondageek)

Is your rear LCA like #17? If so, it looks like a Type-R rear LCA. An ITR LCA won't fit your suspension, but a CTR LCA will as the lengths differ.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:04 PM

Default Re: EK rear lower control arm question. yes i searched (BlueIntegraBoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Is your rear LCA like #17? If so, it looks like a Type-R rear LCA. An ITR LCA won't fit your suspension, but a CTR LCA will as the lengths differ.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Correct. #17 the 88 EF LCA looks exactly the same. Its the length I wasnt sure about. Now when you say wont fit my suspenion do you mean; won't bolt up the the EK chasis or won't bolt up to my shock housing? Keep in mind that all JDM EF suspenion requires the change over from the fork style stock housing the the eye style. Basically, for arguements sake. Lets say I'm using ITR suspenion. How does the ITR LCA and CTR LCA differ?
Thanks for the reply
Old 09-04-2005, 08:13 PM

I don't know if its me, but I'm confused as hell. Could you post pics of what the coilovers look like?
Old 09-04-2005, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmhondageek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Correct. #17 the 88 EF LCA looks exactly the same. Its the length I wasnt sure about. Now when you say wont fit my suspenion do you mean; won't bolt up the the EK chasis or won't bolt up to my shock housing? Keep in mind that all JDM EF suspenion requires the change over from the fork style stock housing the the eye style. Basically, for arguements sake. Lets say I'm using ITR suspenion. How does the ITR LCA and CTR LCA differ?
Thanks for the reply</TD></TR></TABLE>

The ITR LCA is longer than the CTR LCA
Old 09-04-2005, 09:50 PM

Default Re: EK rear lower control arm question. yes i searched (2000DX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2000DX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't know if its me, but I'm confused as hell. Could you post pics of what the coilovers look like?</TD></TR></TABLE>

These are the type of shock housing used on the ITR.

These are the type used on standard civic and integras. Notice the end mounting points are forked. while the type standard on the ITR use an eye mount.

I hope this helps to illistrate what I'm attempting to discribe. Basically. I need to know what parts if any are needed to use the ITR type of shock housing on a EK hatchback. Will the ITR LCA bolt on the the EK chasis without creating huge amounts of camber? Is anyone using ITR LCA on a EK?
Again. Thank you for the replies.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:28 PM

bump
still need help on this.

Modified by jdmhondageek at 1:40 PM 9/6/2005
Old 09-06-2005, 11:39 AM

bump