Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ek with new b18c swap has no spark. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ek with new b18c swap has no spark. Help!

I just swaped a jdm type r b18c into a 97 cx hatchback. Last monday I finished all the wiring except for hooking up the the evap canister. I started the motor with out hooking it up and it started fine, idled fine, reved fine. I turned it off and on a few times and let it heat up completely and everything seemed to be working properly. After I turned it off for the last time and before I went inside I mounted the evap canister on the firewall, hooked the vaccum lines up to it and spliced in the cx connector and pluged it in. The car was left alone the rest of the week and yesterday (friday), the plan was to put the trans mounts on and take it out to see how it drives. When I turned the key the motor started for a brief second then sputtered out almost immediatley. I tried cranking it a few more times and nothing. So I took one of the plugs off the distributor and cranked it again to find out there was no spark. I checked the volts going to the distributor and they were a little over 12v which is normall. Then i checked the rotor as it was being cranked and there was no electricity being sent. My buddy is a mechanic and told me that honda distributors go bad a lot but I dont know why it would have ran fine on monday then ran for a second last night if the distributor was bad. The only thing that was different last night from monday was the evap system was hooked up so I tried unhooking that but it still didnt start. Could that wiring have screwed up the ecu somehow. Is there any way to check and make sure the ecu is still good? I would really appriciate any help or advice. Thanks