Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EK hatch w/ B-series - harness suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post EK hatch w/ B-series - harness suggestions

Hello all,

I have an EK hatch with a built B20b/ls head/b16 transmission. My question is about harnesses, and which I will need to get the car running.

I am looking to possibly buy a RyWire engine harness over a stock one. When I bought the shell it had the H-series ripped out of it so there was literally nothing left inside.

I haven't made it to the point of wiring the car so I am unsure of what is even left inside the dash itself. Will I have to change interior wiring to the cluster to make this work completely? Or even the fuse box itself since the car was H-series before i got it? I am sure I need a jumper harness as well.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, this has me stumped. Thank you.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:17 PM
I never narc'd on nobody!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: EK hatch w/ B-series - harness suggestions

You do not have an EK. You have an EJ6 or EJ7. Read your VIN and figure out which you have. We have no way of knowing what the PO did, so we can't tell you if you have to replace your fuse box or dash harness, but there's a good chance that no, you won't have to. If you have an EJ6, get the engine harness out of a matching year range (either 96-98 or 99-00) Civic EX manual. If you have an EJ7, get the engine harness out of a 96-98 Civic EX manual, regardless of what year your car is.

If you want to spend the money on a Rywire harness, just call them, tell them the clusterfuck you have, and they'll make what you need.